Practice, Hot Chocolate, An Unexpected Phone Call

Angel Prince

 

tumblr_lyoeyntmiU1r63uuao1_500.jpg

 

 

 

I'M BACK. SUDDEN INSPIRATION. (Actually, I'm winging it) 

Now accepting applications(offers) for co-authors cause I'm out of ideas. 

~

You POV~

The next morning was Saturday, but despite that, I got up early, and went down in the kitchen quietly. I scratched Mocha behind the ears as I passed her, where she was sleeping on the kitchen floor. She perked her ears up, letting me know she was actually awake, and keeping an eye on me. I managed a smile.

Last night, after my sorta-deep conversation L.Joe, I'd decided that I would always find a reason to smile, because my mother had always liked it when I smiled. She'd often called me Hana, which was a Japanese name, that often reffered to the flower, or 'smiling flower.' 

I opened the pantry silently, determined to make the guys breakfast. I almost had the living pee scarred out of my when a large, calloused hand reached past me and grabbed the grape jelly. I bit into my hand to prevent myself from screaming, and spun around coming face to face with a half asleep CAP, his eyes hardly visible. 

"CAP!" I hissed. "Why are you awake? Its five AM!" He just blinked, shrugged and said,

"Your friend...whats his name?.....Kiseop called at 4:30. Said you were coming to 'practice' this morning with him at six.Damned pretty boy woke me up." He grumbled.

I gasped. "Oh no! I totally forgot about practice!" I rushed past him, up the stairs, and rushed into my closet, desperately trying to get dressed fast. Kiseop would murder me if I was late. 

As soon as I was dressed, I rushed out the door, waving a hasty good bye to CAP as he made his way back to his room, Peanut butter and jelly sandwhich in hand.

~

I sprinted down to the subway station, where Kiseop was standing, waiting for me. 

"Mian!" I gasped, crashing to a halt beside him. "Its okay," he said reassuringly, resting a hand on my shoulder. "You ready?"I nodded, and together we boarded our subway. 

It was a twenty minute ride to down town Seoul, where the dojo was located. Kiseop and I got off, and walked down a block to the white and glass building. Han River Akkido was written in blue above the front door. 

Kiseop pushed the door open, the wind chimes chiming, and held it for me. I stepped inside, and slid my shoes off instantly. KIseop did the same behind me. 

"Master Kenta smiled at us. The old japanese man may have looked harmless, but he was anything but that. I'd seen him take on our entire class easily. 

I bowed respectfully. "Good morning, Sensei." He nodded to me, then to Kiseop, and gestured for us to move deeper into the building, where the practice mats were laid out.

A group of about ten to fifteen other people stood, warming up. All eyes me when I entered. 

"Oh, Jessica, I'm so sorry about your mom," Mrs. Kang said. She was about 60 years old, and moved slow, but she was incredibly nice. "Come on in sweetheart, lets do some Tai Chi to release some stress and sadness."

Master Kenta appeared at the front of the room, smiling. "That sound like a wonderful idea, Kand-san," I smiled at his combination of the Korean name and Japanese suffix. 

~

When practice was done, I followed Kiseop out, stretching. "We should practice that wrist move again some time. You ready to head to school?" It was 7:20, and school started at 8. 

"Yeah," He took my hand, and led me back to the subway. Once we were on, Kiseop noticed a problem. There was only one open seat. He smiled, and sat down, then tugged me down on his lap. 

"There. Now we both fit, and I can keep a good, close eye on you," I just shrugged, and leaned back into him, closing my eyes to sleep until we arrived. 

~

I was in Trig class when my teacher called me up to his desk. "Phone call for you," I looked at his, puzzled, and took the phone he offered me. 

"Yeobosaeo?" 

"Dongsaeng-ah. I'm coming for your mom's funeral. I hope your prepared to see me." The line went dead. But I didn't need any more information. I smiled to myself as I took my seat, and Chunji gave me a wierd look as I sat down.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Sungyeol Oppa is coming to vist me," Was all I replied. 

Sungyeol was my original best friend. Before even Kiseop. Sungyeol had lived right next to me for years, before moving to the states.  Our parents had been best friends. 

I hadn't seen the crazy, lanky kid since grade school. 

"Sungyeol-ahh!" I exclaimed rushing up to him, and hiding behind him. 

"What's wrong, dongsaeng?" He asked, frowning. "Momma wants me to go to the doctor and get a shot! With needles!" He smiled, and turned around, taking me shoulders. 

"It's okay, Jessica. I'll go with you, okay? Its not so bad. I got one last week," he boasted. "Didn't hurt a bit."

"Chincha?" He nodded, took my little hand in his, and squeezed lightly. 

My mom came to collect me shortly after, and agreed to let Sungyeol come. When the doctor moved in with the needle, Sungyeol gave me his hand again, letting me know he was there, and didn't let go. 

I came out of the memory, and looked at the board, mental solving the problem there. Or at least, trying to. My thoughts kept wandering to Sungyeol. I wondered if he had changed much? We used to email a lot, but it had slowed down in recent years. 

Chunji tapped my forehead with his pencil. "Wake up. Stop dreaming."

I smiled brightly at him. I wasn't dreaming. Yeollie was really coming home.

~

PLEASE HELP> I'm PATHETIC.