Chapter 21: Comforting

Please Forget the Past

 

Woohyun’s POV:

*the next day*

I went back to the hospital to ask about the sergury. I waited patiently for the doctor to come, but he didn’t come out of the room as I expected.

Doctor: Hurry!

Nurse: Be careful!

The Doctor and 2 Nurses were wheeling a patient out of the room and almost running to the other side of the hospital. I watched them wheel by me while I took a peek at who it was. The person on the gurney was you. I stood up and had the urge to follow them. Did something bad happen? They’re acting like this is an emergency…

I sat back down and covered my face. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??? Why is it so severe? How come things are becoming like this?

I wanted to rage. (But that would ruin my idol image XD)

?: Woohyun?

I looked up, not impressed about the appearance of my old friend Junho. Mainly because I was in a bad mood.

Junho: I heard about you.

I didn’t say anything. I was too upset to say anything. He sighed and sat beside me, I guess he’s going to wait for you with me.

Junho: You’ve changed Woohyun. I honestly didn’t think you would turn out this way.

I glared at him, and he quickly fixed the misunderstanding.

Junho: In a good way, I mean…

There was a long, awkward silence. It had been years since I’ve seen him. Now that I think about it, I haven’t seen Yunho at all for the past 6 years.

Junho: Listen. I know you have feelings for you. And to tell you the truth so do I. You really need to take care of her while you have her, because if you don’t, I’m gonna take her.

Woohyun: She’s probably not even gonna he alive when she-

Junho: Don’t think like that! THINK POSITIVE.

Woohyun: I’ve already done so much to her. I told her ”Go die” and now she might actually die…

Junho: *sigh* If she survives this brain damage thing I’ll help you. I’ll tell her everything was a misunderstanding.

Woohyun: She’s not gonna believe you.

Junho: Why?

Woohyun: BECAUSE SHE CLEARLY KNOWS THAT I’M THE ONE WHO RUINED HER HIGH SCHOOL LIFE. HER PARENTS AND HER LITTLE SISTER DIED WHICH MADE HER FEEL LONELY. DO YOU KNOW WHO SHE HAD T LIVE WITH? HER GRANDMOTHER! AND HER GRANDMA ALSO DIED AFTER!!! SO EVERYTHING THAT I DO IS USELESS! THERE’S NO WAY I CAN HELP HER!!!

?: Help who?

I turn around and you was right there. How comes she’s….out here? She should be lying in bed…resting…

Woohyun: What are you doing here?

you: My surgery was done yesterday afternoon, so I’m allowed to get up and walk around. Oh hey Junho!

They waved to each other while I still tried to understand what’s happening here.

Woohyun: Then...who was that other girl that just....???

you: Do you mean Mika? She's gonna be fine.. She probably looked like she fainted but she's just lying there with her eyes closed to keep herself calm.

I tried to think back to the girl on the hospital bed. I swear I saw you there...or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

you: Is something wrong?

Junho coughed and secretly pushed me toward you, which made me hug her. I turned around with my arms still around her. I gave him a “WHAT THE HELL?” look, and he just winked at me.

Thanks Junho, but NO THANKS.

We pulled away. I realized that Junho had run off somewhere and disappeared. AISH That boy really is just…

you: What are you doing here?

Woohyun: What do you think? Looking for you.

She rolled her eyes and walked away. I immediately covered my mouth, just realizing that she wanted me to be mean to her. But it’s instinct. I like her, there’s no way I can dump spaghetti on her, or even break her leg again.

I turned around and chased after her.

Woohyun: Look I’m sorry. It’s just…

She turned around with a smile stretched across her face. She started laughing at me…What did I do that was so funny?

you: HAHAHA I’m kidding! C’mon!

She intertwined her fingers with mine, and started running down the hallway. I swear my heart stopped when  she held my hand. We ran to the cafeteria, so you could get her breakfast. She let go of my hand, and I let out a sigh of relief. I just get so nervous when I’m that close to her.

you: AWWWW You’re blushing!!!

She pointed at my face and started laughing again. What happened to her? It can’t be the surgery….can it?

you: Do you want anything?

Woohyun: uh…I’m not a patient.

you: (whispering) I know, but I could pretend it’s mine and give it to you, just in case if you’re hungry!

It was cute how she tip-toed to whisper into my ear. But I could feel a hint of suspicion; it’s not possible that she could change just like that.

you: Do you want anything?

She asked me again. It’s rare to hear her offer me anything but attitude.

Woohyun: No thanks. You get what you want.

Oh so now she’s being nice. It actually feels…comforting…

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know it's been a while. Even though it's summer, I still have homework from Summer School! This one's kinda long...

As usual, I hope you enjoyed it!