Universal Languages by maayacola

Two Moons Recommendations

Universal Languages

Author: maayacola

Pairing: Taochen/Chentao

Rating: PG-13

Length: ~32000 words

Summary: Jongdae goes to China to learn about wushu, and ends up learning about himself, instead.  


Exie says: Kay sooooo I'm sure you guys know this by now but I am a ER for fluff. And I'm also a er for good writing. So needless to say, this one drew me in from the very beginning. Language barriers can be a really, really cliche topic sometimes, but coming from someone who is in the process of learning Chinese (excuse me, Mandarin), this was so believable. In fact, it was all totally believable. I literally felt Jongdae's feelings. I could sense the adrenaline rushing through my veins, I shook when he shook, I smiled when he smiled. It was like I was Jongdae and I loved that about this fic. It also has this feeling of serenity. Maybe because it takes place in the middle of nowhere in China, but her descriptions of the setting are absolutely beautiful and believable. And as everyone knows, I loved details and connections. This one did a really good job of connecting everything and it just made me insanely happy to read. It's up there in my top 10, possibly top 5, favorite fics of all time. So if you're wondering whether you should read this, YES YOU SHOULD. Anyway, we all need a break from all this angst going on. What is it with Exotics and angst? Seriously though, read this fic. If my recommendation didn't convince you, please just trust me and judge it for yourself. I swear you'll think it was worth it. 

Fiona says: So I just want to point out that I ACTUALLY SHOWED THIS TO EXIE THIS TIME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. /proud I'm a pretty big fan of this author. She wrote one of my all time favorite Krispy Lays fic (WHICH EXIE PROMISED TO READ BTW), and I like her style. It flows very well, and I like how all the characters play a role, not just Tao and Chen. Basically, what I loved about the fic, was like...the fluffiness. I literally squealed several times while reading this fic, and afterwards, I rolled around in my bed, hugging my pillow and yelling about how great love was. Okay...maybe not literally, but I adore a good fic that makes me feel all romantic and mushy on the inside. The language barrier, for me, was the hook, line, and sinker. Yes, it's a cliché, but...SUE ME I REALLY LIKE READING CLICHÉS. (So if anybody would be happy to write me a drag racing, language barrier fic...) Overall, you'll be a jumping ball of fluffy energy by the end. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED. (P.S. I believe that Exie is going to write a TaoChen/ChenTao herself in her Hipster Drabbles, so let's all look forward to that!)