Chapter 54: FT Island Arch: Again

Seoul Academy for Boys and 1 Girl

 

Chapter 54 Again
 
“What?” Hongki said.
“I said.. You’re going to tell us what’s going on with MinYoung and Jonghun.” Sohee said.
“I can’t I’m sorry.”
“What do you mean you can’t!?” Luna said. “Are you really willing to hurt people just so you guys can have your fun?”
“What exactly happened the night MinYoung got drunk and stayed over… No one knows what could’ve happened… You don’t know the crap MinYoung has been here already in this school year and now you guys are making it worse!” Tiffany said.
Hongki sighed, “I’m really sorry about MinYoung, but the thing is Jonghun is well I guess in a way he’s sort of protecting her.”
“What!?” Luna yelled. “What do you mean-
“Shhh” Amber interjected.
“Well.. Yes You can tell Jonghun has bribed MinYoung into always being around him as a personal maid or whatever and she’s been told not to tell anybody… Really I can’t say anymore.”
“What can you bribe her on she isn’t some terrible terrorist with secrets to kill queen of England.” Luna said. 
“It’s not her really.” Hongki admitted.  “I can’t say anymore.” He said and got up.
“Okay let them go guys.” Amber said.
 
“Sohee!” Hongki said after leaving the van. “Once this is all over let’s catch up!”
“How can he say something like that in such a situation…” Tiffany said.
“Mmm…” Sohee mumbled.
 
--
 
“Hongki!” Minhwan said, “Why did you tell them that stuff! This is all supposed to be a secret.”
“To be honest I just wish this was over with already… Jonghun sure he has a bad passed with Key but that’s no reason to hurt MinYoung in the process she has nothing to do with what happened such a long time ago. I really wish Jonghun could just move on.”
“How can you say something like that. What happened was something I couldn’t forgive either.” JaeJin said.
“Yeah but it’s no reason to take it out on someone whose innocent.” Seunghyun added. 
 
--
 
(Two days later)
(Minyoung)
 
Urg… I haven’t seen Jonghun that much but he still requests me to do his laundry and clean his kitchen every now and again. I also have to keep carrying his books, do his notes, finish his homework, and cook him food. Oh… and make him lunch… But I just buy the store pre made ones before going to school. However, I barely see him and I don’t talk to him either. I’ve been rather… thinking about what he’s up to.
 
On the way home from school that day I finally found out.
I was passing a news stand.
PRESIDENT OF MM.CORP YOO SCANDALOUS NIGHTS! Was what popped out. And a picture of my uncle partying with young women with beer. So this is what Jonghun meant.
I immediately called him up.
“So I guess you saw it then.” Jonghun said over the phone
“Of course I did Jonghun would you think I didn’t!? Why would you do this!?”
“Because you aren’t breaking up with your boyfriend it’s really that simple Minyoung.. Tomorrow the world might know about your uncles child negligence do you want that too? Do it now MinYoung… Or your uncle will soon be the guy selling those newspapers.” He said and hung up.
“AHHH!” I yelled. The guy at the newspaper stand stared at me. “Sorry.” I mumbled. 
“MinYoung?” Key said from behind me. 
“K-Key…” I stuttered surprised. “What are you doing here?”
“I was going to walk you home today.. But you already left… So I.. Was going to visit you.” He said.
“Oh.. Okay..” I said.
“I haven’t seen you in a while…” He said. “Doesn’t feel like we’re much of a couple anymore.” He said.
“Mmm.. Sorry..” I mumbled. I felt something touching my hand. It was Key’s hand. 
“Let’s just forget about what’s happening and pretend everything is normal.” He suggested. I smiled softly… 
“That… Would be a good idea.” I said.
 
--
 
That walk.. It really helped me relax.. Something I hadn’t been able to do in a long time. I was really thankful that we didn’t talk we didn’t argue, we didn’t even giggle, we just walked hand in hand. It was simple, but I think it was one of the most precious moments we had in the whole relationship we had then.
 
I don’t know what to do. Should I end it with Key? Should I just spill it all to him? I was getting fed up with Jonghun. 
RINGRING
“Hello?” I picked up the home phone.
“MingYoung… It’s me Uncle Yoo.” I was a little shocked. But then again I hadn’t heard from him in a long time.
“Yes?” I said.
“Is everything alright… I don’t know what’s going on, but the papers brought up some stupid gossip about me… None of it is true Minyoung please trust me.”
“But there are photos Uncle.” 
“I know Minyoung I don’t know how to explain but it isn’t what you think-
“Don’t Worry Uncle I don’t think poorly of you. It’s not that terrible anyways, many business guys g out for a drink. Besides you aren’t married.” I said wanting to calm him down.  “Just worry about work now.”
“A MinYoung when you become the leader of this business I really hope nothing like this happens to you.”
“Ah.. Yes…” I said. I really didn’t know how to reply to that.
“Listen MinYoung I have to go now, I’ll be visiting soon so don’t worry are you sure You’re okay?”
“Yes.. Bye Uncle.”
“Bye take care.”
I hung up the phone. This had to end now… I have to talk to Key. I was going to tell him in person instead… Rather then over the phone it would be the best way.
 
--
 
It was evening now… The sun was setting now and it was beginning to grow dark. I was speed walking to find Key. I thought he would be at his house but his house keeper said he left to go to the park or something. Which was a bit weird in my opinion he didn’t really like the park that much.
 
However, when I arrived there… I saw something which was the last thing I would expect to be seeing.
It was Key….
With another girl..
Kissing…
Embracing…
Cheating.
 
I gasped…. Pulling my hands over my mouth in surprise. There was no way that… It was Key though. I dropped my phone out of my hand and that’s when they finally noticed me standing there. The only thing I could’ve of thought of to do was run. Like none of it happened.
 
“MinYoung!” Was all I could hear. Who cares.. I was running. But I felt something grab my arm and stop me.
“MinYoung.” Key said. “It isn’t-
“What?! It isn’t what I think? That’s what everyone says when they’ve been caught.” I said. “Don’t tell me that crap either. Just tell me whether or not you were kissing that girl or not!”
“It isn’t what -
“Were you or not!?” I said.
“I was. But you have to listen to me!”
“I don’t care anymore Key… I thought us being together would keep us closer when I went into a different class but we’ve grown farther and farther apart. This thing with Jonghun-
“What does Jonghun have to do with anything!? He shouldn’t be affecting us like he is-”
“But he Is Key And now this!? How can you be so upset with me and Jonghun when we haven’t done anything then you go and kiss someone else? Not only kissing her but holding her lovingly, You’ve never done that with me Key. Is it just so you can be the guy in SAFB who got the girl? Ne? Is that it? Well you don’t have her anymore Key.”
“MinYoung Don’t be like this you haven’t let me explain.”
“It doesn’t matter I was going to break up with you anyways.”
“What?” He asked.
“I-… I don’t want to be your girlfriend anymore It’s too difficult you hide your past from me, you’re keeping secrets from me.. I’m keeping them from you.. What’s the point!” I yelled tears coming out from my eyes now. I took the necklace off that he gave me. “Here.. Give it to that girl I’m sure she would like the Key to your heart I have to concentrate on fixing my own right now.” I said.
“No MinYoung.” Key said. “I gave it to you because you are.” He whispered. 
“I don’t want to be anymore.” I said and ran off.
 
Although it wasn’t long and I felt someone pull me into a bush. I collapsed right onto them. 
“Hey What!” I yelled trying to get off.
“Shh Shut up MinYoung.” It was Jonghun.
I sniffled a bit. “What are you doing!? Can’t you see I did what you wanted… What else do you want to torment me with now!?”
He didn’t say anything but just pulled me into a hug. “Listen I really didn’t intend for it to happen this way. I told you Key was-
I pulled my self out of his grasp. “Shut up.. It’s probably because of you that He’s cheating on me. I wouldn’t blame him.” 
“He’s always been like that MinYoung.” Jonghun grabbed my arm. “Come on.. Let me explain to you everything.” 
“Why are you being like this?”
“Like what?”
“Acting like you care.”
“Because you remind me of someone where this happened before.”
“….” I didn’t know what to say.
“Want some tea?” He said.
I really didn’t understand guys. “I really just want to be alone.” I said. “I’m better off that way.” I pulled my arm out of his grasp. 
“I’ll tell you tomorrow.” Jonghun said.
“?” I looked at him.
“Everything… About what I know about Key…” Jonghun said.
I just walked off.
---
 
That night I laid on my bed awake looking out the window. I really wished things could return back to normal.. I wish it was just Eunhyuk, Shindong and the rest of S13... Everything was so much more simple then.
I couldn’t help but keep crying. My head just replayed the scene over and over and over again. Maybe there was something I missed maybe they weren’t doing anything. Maybe, If… Anything to stop crying. But it was useless. Key admitted it… 
My cellphone was ringing with Key’s ID on it. It got to the point where I just turned it off. I didn’t want to talk to anyone now. I just wanted to lay here.
 
--
 
KNOCK KNOCK.
“YAH! MINYOUNG!” KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK “WAKE UP!” It was none other then the great Luna. I sat up from my bed looking at the time.
10 am…
My eyes were puffy. I was looking at myself in the mirror. I might as well answer the door. Luna wouldn’t stop.
 
GASP. “MinYoung!?” Luna said. “Are you OKAY!?” She asked.
“MinYoung have you been Crying!?” Tiffany asked.
I just looked at them and let them inside the house. “Ne..” I said.
“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked. “Please tell us!”
“I… hmm.” I said.
“It’s okay we’ll listen.” Luna said and sat down on the couch with me.
So I told them… Everything that I saw.
“WHAT!?” Luna yelled. “There’s no way!?” 
“SHHH” Tiffany said. “MinYoung… Did you let Key explain?”
“What do you mean EXPLAIN?” Luna said. “There’s no excuse for cheating on someone!”
“I know that Luna… But hearing out what Key had to say would’ve been a good idea so we know his reasons behind it.. Its not like he just goes around kissing every girl he sees. If MinYoung said he saw him hold this girl lovingly he must know her or something.”
KNOCK KNOCK
“WHO IS IT!?” Luna yelled.
“Its me..” Someone said.
“WHOSE ME?! I CANT SEE YOU!” Luna yelled.
“Jonghun.” 
--------------