Chapter 37: SHINee Arch: Say What's On Your Mind

Seoul Academy for Boys and 1 Girl

 

Chapter 37
 
Key looked at me with a blank expression…
“A what?” He asked.
“You’ve… Been ignoring my presence since I got here…” I said bringing plates over. 
“….” He didn’t say anything.
“What’s been bothering you?” I asked. Although.. I shouldn’t really be complaining I’ve been acting strange lately myself… although I wasn’t going around and yelling at my friends because they weren’t holding a fork properly.
“….” I received no answer again.
“Are you angry at me?” I asked… “I’m sorry.”
“You don’t even know what you’re apologizing for.. “He said, good I got him to start talking. “Well, you shouldn’t be apologizing anyways…” He mumbled.
“Then why such a sour mood? Poor JongHyun has received much abuse from you tonight because he didn’t hold a fork correctly.” I said starting to wash dishes.
“I can’t stand what’s going on…” He said.
“What do you mean?”
“I can’t stand… What’s going on.” He repeated. “I’ve been around tons of girls, I’ve dated many girls, and I can’t seem to understand what’s going on… right now.” He admitted. “And the fact that I feel deceived.” He whispered the last part.
“What.... deceived?”
“You’ve been acting this way for almost a week now…” He said.
“I- uhm…” I blushed and looked back at the dishes.
“You stutter, blush, act embarrassed. You’ve changed a lot whenever you’re around us…. You’ve been avoiding the subject and avoiding hanging around us.” He listed off the things one by one.
“UHm- About-
“You like Onew?” He asked…
“What???” I questioned.
“I didn’t see it coming… Well, he did tutor you, and helped you with SP and all, he is the smartest in our class… His parents own a large company and medical firm… “He started to sound a bit angry. “He makes you laugh… He’s always the first one to give you advice…. He’s usually the one breaking up fights between others…. He’s always smiling… You decided to start sitting next to him in class! Is that it? Is that why you‘ve been acting so weird!? You‘re a little obvious!”
“What!? No Key, You’ve got this all wrong! I don’t like Onew in that way!”
“Really because the surprise at my door step would tell me otherwise….” 
“That’s because I didn’t think it was Onew!”
“What do you mean you didn’t think it was Onew! Onew was right there in front of you! Are you an Idiot?!”
“No Key! I thought it was someone else, the person I wanted to be at the door wasn’t there!” I yelled.
“Then what was that touchy feely stuff outside with ONEW Minyoung!? The little private moment with Onew so you could try out that surprise on him again?” 
I was sort of angry at him… but more at myself because I had so much trouble admitting to him the truth. And I felt like we were both idiots that he didn’t see how obvious I had been, and that I was an idiot because I couldn’t just tell him.
“The reason why I was talking to Onew was because of the misunderstanding at the door! I didn’t want him to get the wrong idea, and I wanted to make sure he was OKAY that’s what friends do Key! They don’t do things without explaining why they did it!”
“…. What do you mean?” He asked.
“What I mean is that you!” I pulled my hands from the sink and poked his chest with my wet fingers. “You are the reason why I’ve been acting strange! Ever since … You… You… er”
“Kissed you?” He said. Smirking.
“YES! And because of that I have been acting so strange! You acted like nothing happened while I’ve been thinking about it everyday! Onew wasn’t the one I wanted to be at that door Key. I wanted you to be answering it… I mean it IS your home isn’t it!?” I yelled.
“I haven’t been acting like nothing happened!”
“Yes you have! And I will show you exactly how it feels!” I yelled.
Well, I took Hyung Jong’s advice. I grabbed his collar and pulled him in.
When our lips met… for the second time it was just as shocking as before. I really couldn’t explain the feeling. I was really so full of confusion and relief of finally being able to tell him, I didn’t really notice When Key started to respond.
“Hey guys we need some pop-….corn..”
“Woah.”
“Cover Taemin’s EYES!”
I immediately pulled away biting my lip and looking away from everybody. I felt my cheeks heat up about 100 degrees. So… Just like how he did, I just left straight away. Maybe he would know how it felt for an unexplained kiss, that makes you go crazy for a week, makes you start talking to yourself, distracts you, and changes your entire persona.
 
But, Key wasn’t a girl…
 
--
 
 
I didn’t sleep that night. I was wondering where I got that courage… None the less it happened and I remembered it, it was real this time. I also… enjoyed it.
 
I hadn’t heard from any of them though. But today was another school day. I would have to confront him. Wait.. He can confront me this time.
 
--
 
So I was sitting at my original desk now, right next to where Key usually sat. One by one each of them came in. All giving me awkward smiles, until finally Key himself came in. He gave me a cool smile sitting in his seat beside me.
“MinYoung.” He started.
I looked up from my book, I was extremely nervous and my heart was pounding just looking at him. I was so embarrassed.
“Hm?” I managed to squeak out.
“Since all this has happened…” Oh, this sounded serious. “I want to become something more- er…” He was struggling a bit but I was hanging on his every word. “I think we should-
“I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT CLASS!” The teacher interrupted. I think I wanted to punch him out. 
We all stared blankly at him.
“Okay, good morning everyone, today is a sad day for us.” He began.
“Your new hamster died again?” TAemin asked.
“No… No he’s still alive… Much longer than the last one.”
“Oh.. That’s great!”
“Get on with it…” Jonghyun mumbled.
“Well, just as other classes did before… MinYoung will be transferring… For the final months of the semester.” The teacher said.
“WHAT!?” Key yelled.
Everyone looked at him for yelling so loudly.
“I know Key, but we all knew this was coming, she was originally supposed to stay put in the S13 class but the school wanted to share her. But, she will be moving on from here. Fortunately we get her for the rest of the week and she will be transferred by Monday.” The teacher explained. “Well lets get on with the lesson!”
I really felt like I was just some item… or toy that was passed around a bunch of kids for playing. I really didn’t want to transfer, but I knew eventually it would come. I sighed softly feeling a bit down now. Especially since I didn’t know what Key was going to say to me.
 
--
 
Eunhyuk, Nickhun, Key and Onew were sitting with me at a table in the cafeteria. It was different sitting in the loud cafeteria compared to the classroom, or the old library. But I was really scoping out the students to see who I might be sharing a classroom with next.
 
“Do you know what class?” Eunhyuk asked
“Nope…” I replied.
“Well really there’s only a few left.” Onew said.
“It doesn’t really matter to me though, so long as I can get my school work done.. I really don’t mind… It’s just a classroom.”
“Was it really just a classroom with us MinYoung?” Eunhyuk asked.
“Uh-
“What about us?” Nickhun asked
“I-
“And you cannot say it was just a classroom with us…” Onew laughed. “I think you’ve been through everything with each of these classes I’m sure the next one will be just as amusing.”
“I-well”
“You are the school’s treasure.. You aren’t some ordinary student… Not at this school.”
“….” No one would let me speak anyways. 
“Well I’m, going to get some food.” Key grumbled.
“No I’ll go get you some Key, I’m going to get some myself anyways…” I said getting up from the table. Key just grumbled a bit. 
 
After going through the line and getting two trays worth of food… Which I regret now because it was a lot more difficult to hold then I thought. 
I was busy balancing the trays so I didn’t notice a guy push out his chair to get up in front of me. Thus, I tripped over the chair and sent to trays of messy food right onto someone. 
SQUISHSQUASH….
I gulped looking up. The cafeteria went silent. And I looked at the poor person all the food went on. He was blonde. He also, was glaring at me with the most piercing eyes. 
“Do you know how much this uniform costs to dry-clean?” He muttered. I looked away.
“I’m sorry… really I’ll clean it my-
“No I can’t have you clean it, you aren’t professional drycleaner.” 
“I’ll make this up to I swea-
“How do you suppose you do that?”
“I don’t know yet.”
“Hyung! It was an accident don’t be so moody just because of your parents taking away your piano and guitar!” Another guy said to him he seemed a little bit younger then the rest of the group.
“….” He didn’t reply.
At this time Key came over and pulled me onto my feet, Eunhyuk starting picking up with the trays on the floor.
“Get back to eating everyone… We’ve all seen this before…” Key growled pulling me back to the table. 
 
“Next time, I’m getting my own food.” Key mumbled sitting back down… I joined him.
 
Once we all had our food and were settled, the table took to talking to themselves. I just listened, I was curious as to what Key was going to ask me, and I was upset that I had no idea when he might try and talk to me again… He seemed pretty moody.
 
--
 
That afternoon when I was walking home from school. I had spotted Key. He was talking to someone. When I finally go a bit closer I noticed it was a girl.
I’m not quick to judge, I was curious, she looked like she was upset, and he looked slightly irritated. I knew when Key was irritated, though this time he had a slight look of concern as well. I never thought that Key would have any other girl in his life, and that is pretty ignorant of me to think so.
 
When the girl walked off Key seemed a bit… well I didn’t know how to describe the aura he seemed to be putting off.
“Key?” I asked when I came closer to him. He looked up at me. “Is everything okay? Who was that earlier?” I asked curious.
“Mm… Someone from a long time ago..” He muttered. “It’s unfortunate she had to pop up right now.” He mumbled. For some reason I didn’t want to know anymore.
“Oh… Okay then… I’ll be going home.” I practically whispered.
“Ne.. MinYoung.” He said. I stopped and looked at him.
“Ne?” I asked.
“What I was going to ask earlier is that I..” He paused for a moment. “I think we should star-
“MINYOUNG! LOOK OUT!” WooYoung tackled me to the ground.
“OOPH!” I yelped from the sudden pain of having a body trample me like that….