Chapter 6

Unwanted Fugitives

*Sorry this only took forever to come out with. Kristina has been super busy working, and I've recently gotten a job at a lovely little chocolate shop in town ^^ They only hired, like, 10 people, so I'll probably have to do a lot of hours. ANYWAY, This chapter is kinda confusing cause Kristina and I wanted to write it together, so if you don't understand, PLEASE leave a comment!

Thank you for sticking with us for so long T_T You are all wonderful people, no matter what anyone tells you! *

------This starts where Kristina left off!------ 

 

"So is everyone gonna start floating on my cieling?!" Leeteuk asked sounding slightly annoyed.

"No, we all have different abilities. Mine is ice!" Xiumin explained while quickly making an ice cube with the flick of his wrist.

"That is awesome!" Sungmin exclaimed, "What are everybody else's powers?"

"Did I introduce myself yet? .... I'm Chen." Chen said coming forward with a mischievous grin on his face, holding out his hand.

"Chen...." Kris warned; but it was all too easy for Chen to ignore Kris from the ceiling. Sungmin shook Chen's hand and immediatly  let out a high-pitched shriek of pain.

After laughing snarkily at his own prank, Chen passed out.

"What the hell?" Shindong said.

"He has lighting powers," Xiumin was again the one to explain, "He's not as experienced as me but it's not uncontrollable like Kris' powers.  If he pushed himself too hard, he gets really tired."

"Speaking of," Lay said, yawning and stretching his arms, "I'm beat. That trip left me sooo jetlagged. I'm going to sleep." With that, Lay walked to the nearest cube and crashed.

 

~ The Next Day~

 

"So.... why don't you guys wake up 'til noon?" asked Xiumin.

"Eh, we don't really have anything better to do, so we just sleep whenever," Leeteuk said as Super Junior members slowly started trickling over toward their new alien guests, who were not at all surprised to see that Kris was still sleeping on the ceiling.

"Gege~!" Tao called just loud enough for Kris to hear.

"Huh?" Kris woke up... and immediatly crashed into the ground, breaking his arm. "Ow."

"Talk about a crash landing," Chen said, holding his stomach and mouth to hold in his laughter, tears coming out of his eyes. However, he seemed to be the only one who understood his humor. "No one?... eh tough crowd."

All the members of Super Junior and the aliens gave him a quick disgusted glance and quickly returned to the problem at hand... or as Chen would say; The problem at arm! ... nobody?

"Don't worry!" Ryeowook pipped up, trying to bring everything back, and genuinly help. "First aid is in that cube over there... I htink. We'll have you fixed up in no time!"

"Wait! Wait! I can do it!" Lay said enthusiastically.

"Um, I don't know about that Lay, remember what happened last time?" Kris said, backing slowly away from the approaching Lay.

"No, no, I totally got this; I've been practicing!" Lay said. He put his hand on the break and Kris's arm instantaneouly disappeared. Kris sighed in exasperation. "O- Oh, god, I'm so sorry." Lay apologized.

"It's ok," Kris said calmly.

The members of Super Junior however were not nearly as calm as Kris.

"HOLY !" Leeteuk shouted, "Whatdowedo?Whatdowedo?"

"It's not a big deal," Kris said, "It'll grow back sooner or later. Really Lay, it's fine. Don't worry about it." But Lay was too busy apologizing to Kris while trying to figure out what he did wrong at the same time.

"Well, if your sure..." Leeteuk said uneasily, "That reminds me! You were about to tell us a little more about yourselves before, um, that guy, um...."

"Right. Before Chen decided to be Chen." Both Kris and Sungmin shot Chen a nasty glare but Chen smirked.

"Anyway," Kris returned his attention to Super Junior. Some sat looking up at him like it was story time, some looked like they were only paying attention because they had nothing better to do, and the three who had been talking away from the group last night had returned to their conversation. "We're from EXO planet. Actually, all twelve of us are technically princes of EXO planet..."

Xiumin decided now would be a good time to start talking. "And we each have our own provinces we rule over based on our abilities. Since I can control ice, I rule over the north pole... ish area."

To everyone's surprise, Luhan spoke up next; his face still had tear streaks on it but at least he had stopped crying. "I have telekinesis," He said depressingly, picking up one of the cubes with his mind.

"Wow! That's so co-"

"Shut up! ... I'm not done yet." Luhan yelled at ... well, he wasn't quite sure. He wasn't paying attention when they introduced themselves. Kris had to whisper a quick 'He doesn't usually act like this' before he went on.

"Ok, so our land is, like, one big continent split up into 12 different lands, all touching Tree of... well what used to be Tree of Life. Now, stay with me, all 12 of us have these mini Tree of Lifes that give us our powers. All our parents have to do is get the seeds from Tree of Life when were born. Then they plant the seeds and we have to take care of them. THEY actually do stuff... unlike that useless ing tree. For some strange reason, our provinces think our Elders should be respected, so they let the oldest person in each provience join this 'Elders' thing and they get to make all the overall decisions for our land. Us princes have it the worst though!" All the exotics groaned, Luhan never noticed and kept going.

"Us princes have to follow the elder from our provience to their meetings and , and they make us do this crap! Only the princes and royal families can have powers, right? So this Elder, Ta Long thiks it's ok to wake me up at 2 am to get his prunes from the top shelf.... or, or takes me away.. away from Sehuuunnnn!" And at that point Luhan burst out into tears, and was not understandable anymore.

Xiumin relieved Luhan of his speaking priviledges and continue as Luhan cried in his corner, "Actually, some of the Elders aren't that bad. Luhan just has some super useful powers, and sometimes the Elders... abuse those powers? It's a weird situation. We try not to get involved." Xiumin shrugged.

 

----------------

 

"That's great and all, but I really don't understand what the Tree of... oh sorry, What Tree of Life used to do? And I'm not really following you with this whole 'provience' thing..." Jonghyun questioned. The five boys living in the museum had just finished listening to the same speech (with obviously a few differences) as the Super Junior boys.

"Alrighty then, listen up! 'Cause Imma only say this once!" Suho began. Everyone turned to face him. "um... Do you have a paper and pencil?" Key reached behind the couch and pulled out a paper and pencil for Suho. The more the Exotics saw of this little dungeon, the less they understood. "Um, Thanks." Suho then began to draw a giant circle on the paper with a smaller circle in the middle. In the middle of the middle circle he drew a tree... then he earased it and drew a stump.

"Ok! This is our land. This circle is a little floating island with a stump on it. That is the place were Tree of Life used to be."

"That ith a very accurate drawing of Tree of Life," Exclaimed Sehun happily.

"Thank you, Sehun!" Suho smiled. Suho then drew twelve pieces of sloppily cut pie onto the cirlce, all touching the island of Tree Stump of Life. "Now these are the proviences. They all touch Tree of Life. Each provience has a different climate that reflects our powers. This big one right here," He pointed to the largest provience on the map, "This one is my provience. We have the largest source of fresh and salt water, so my powers are water powers."

'Oh yes' and 'I see' could be heard from the members of SHINee.

"OOO OOO! SUHO! CAN I EXPLAIN WHAT TREE OF LIFE DOES!?!?" Chanyeol shouted a little too loud, and a little too happily.

"Yoish, whatever. Just try not to blow out everyone's ear drums... crazy kid..." Suho grumbled as he went to trade seats with Chanyeol.

"YUS! OK!" Chanyeol quickly covered his mouth after he saw the glare Suho was giving him. "ok," he spoke in his best indoor voice, "Tree of Life is like an appendix."

"Ew," Taemin said picturing in his mind a floating appendix.

"Nonono, it's not an appendix. It's like an appendix. It's one of those things that used to be really helpful, but with today's modern technology, it just sits around all day and is a very good tourist trap. We have these little Tree of Life figurines in the gift shop. They're very cute." Suho had to clear his throut to get Chanyeol back on track. "Oops, sorry. Anyway, Tree of Life used to be this tree that every parent had to bring their child to when it's born to have life put into them, then you would have to come back every five years or so to get more life. However, Chen, this really funny guy who is the prince of..." He picked up the peice of paper, "THIS provience. Anyway, his provience so many decades ago found out how to harvest the life... sap? Is that right?"

"It doesn't matter, hon." Baekhyun sighed.

"Right! It doesn't matter. Well they found out this way to harvest the life thing and now all we have to do is have Chen's provience send these little chips to install into your kid and you never have to replenish at Tree of Life! Yay for modern science!" He stopped talking to give his audience a big smile.

"Good job, Chanyeollie~!" Baekhyun clapped as Chanyeol sauntered his way back to his rightful spot on Baekhyun's left.

 

-------------------

 

"Oh yeah!" Lay offered, "Let me explain how we were exiled from EXO Planet."

"Oh yea, I guess that would be ... an important plot point." said Siwon.

"Right, so,basically since this Tree of Life thing is a tourist trap, it needs to be protected for some reason unknown to us. And so, the Elders pair us up, and make us guard this 'Tree of Life' because APPARENTLY we have nothing better to do... you know, we're only the princes of the Kingdom. It's not like we have duties or anything." Lay began to sulk in the corner with Luhan.

 

------------

 

The door to the SHINee dungeon burst open, a cloud of dust revealing Kai and Kyungsoo, disheveled and partially unclothed. "I don't know how we heard that whole conversation, but we did, and now Imma tell you how we messed up!" spoke Kai.

Kai took Chanyeol's space on the metaphorical podium, "I know what you're thinking, why di-"

"You want a pony too?!" shouted Taemin.

"Oh my god, shut up." Baekhyun grumbled.

"Hey hey hey... attention. The Kai is talking." Kai snapped his fingers a few times and dodged a shoe Suho threw at him. "It all started with THIS friend," gesturing at Baekhyun, "having a raging need for Chanyeol. So I, being the nice, smart, y, amazing genius that I am, told Baekhyun about the many glorious adventures of Kyungsoo and I under Tree of Life... or are we calling it Stump of Life now?"

Key's eyes grew large at Kai's speech and asked Taemin to get everyone a glass of water from the kitchen. Kai sighed, not having to restrain his speech anymore.

 

----------

 

"And so, thanks to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Tree of Life was burnt to a crisp," said Chen.  "And because of THOSE TWO all twelve of us had to go to court with the elders to decide the punishment."  

"And the punishment was....coming here?  It's not that bad here is it?" Donghae asked.

"Dude. You should see EXO Planet.  Earth is a garbage can in comparison."  Chen said.

 

------------

 

After the Exotics had forced Kai to sit down in the middle of his story, Chanyeol realized this story is about him, and he should probably explain it from his point of view. 

"Hm... Let's see. It happened so long ago, I don't remember many details..."

"Chanyeol, babe, it happened 4 days ago!" Baekhyun shouted in frustration.

"Oh Right! I remember now! Ok, it was a dark and stormy night... cause we were in Chen's province. The Elders were having one of their usual get-togethers with the little sandwiches that never fill you up, so you have to eat, like 10 to even consider it dinner." 

"Chanyeol..."

"Right! So the Elders were really angry at us for burning down Tree of Life... and they probably weren't too happy about the sandwiches either now that I think about... but they had already decided that me and Baekhyun would be banished for our... um.. nevermind." Chanyeol finished quietly.

This is when Baekhyun added in his point of view, "I have no one to blame but HIM!" He shoved his finger into Kai's side, making Kai fall to the floor. "'It'll be fineee~~.' He said! 'We do it all the time~~.' He. Said. And who gets banished?! US! That's who! ohhhh Kai, boy. You best not be talking to me for a little while longer." Baekhyun finished with a huff.

 

----------

 

"And then I had to open my big mouth trying to defend them!" Kris said angrily.  "I only said it was a useless tree and that banishment was a little extreme.  But noooooo it's like the Elders were looking for an excuse to ban me.  So then I had an excuse to take the dragon with me."  He concluded with a smirk on his face and leaned against the 5-story-tall dragon standing behind him.

Tao tugged on the belt loop of Kris's pants.  "Oh yeah," Kris remembered, "when I got banished Tao got ready to attack the Elders which got him banished too."  Tao nodded curtly in agreement, but didn't let go of Kris's belt loop and hid behind him for the rest of the conversation.

 

---------

 

"After Kris defended our... lovely friends." Suho said with a forced smile, "I backed Kris and got my own kicked outta that place."

Onew turned to Kyungsoo and said "Kyungsoo, you don't seem like someone who would willingly get banished, how did you get banished?" 

Kyungsoo immediately turned his burning eyes over to Kai. "Because, I didn't say anything!" Also poking Kai in the side, making Kai roll around on the floor over-dramatically. "There we were, sitting in the court room. The court room in Chen's province is rather large, so all of us were mic-ed so the deaf Elders can hear us... and KAI.."

"All I did was lean over to Kyungsoo and say 'I don't know how Chanyeol ed this up so bad. It always seems to work for us.' How was I suppose to know that everyone there could hear my PRIVATE conversation?!" Kyungsoo put a hand to his head in defeat.

"umm thould I go next?" asked Sehun politely.

"Aish, Whatever you want." sighed Suho after pulling a crying Kai back to the couch.

"Alrighty then. Let'th thee. I recall being angry at them for a reathon not related to Tree of Life. Ah yeth, I remember. I wath angry that The Elderth were picking on Luhan. Then I got up and thaid 'While we're all complaining about you, I would like to tell you that the way you are treating Luhan ith unacceptable!' Then I told them that Kai and Kyungthoo'th provinces were thtill randomly attacking Luhan'th province, and they wouldn't do anything about it. I wath very angry... oh my god. Luhan...."

Suho was confused when Sehun curled up in a ball in his place, then he remembered that Sehun had not mentioned Luhan since they broke apart from the other princes. He turned everyone's attention away from Sehun to let him be miserable by himself.

 

----------

 

"And I couldn't let them just banish my Sehunnie like that!  ...So...I may have used my telekinesis to...hurl...a sheep...at Ta Long."  Luhan continued.

"A sheep!?" The Super Junior member said in simultaneous shock.

"Hold on, it gets better," Kris said.

Luhan shrugged. "There are a lot of sheep where I come from.  I could spare one.  So then Ta Long banished me of course...after the sheep bit his leg."

"That's baaaaaaaadass!" Chen joked, doing his cheesiest sheep impression. 

Everyone present stared at him with deadpan expressions.

Lay picked up, "And then Ta Long had the nerve to DEMAND that I heal him! Ignore the fact that I probably wouldn't even be able to heal him!  So I refused.  And got banished.  So I stole their unicorn."

"Man, they were just banishing you guys left and right, weren't they?"  Sungmin said, actually getting into their story and petting the unicorn that had somehow made it out of the spaceship alive.

"No. Kidding." Xiumin said.  "After they banished Lay, they were pissy as that they had just banished more than half of the princes so they just ended the court hearing by yelling 'THAT'S IT! YOU'RE ALL BANISHED! ALL TWELVE OF YOU!' I didn't even do anything!"

"Me too!" Chen said actually being serious for once, "I actually liked my life on EXO Planet too!"

 

------------ 

 

"Well, we've had a pretty long day. Why don't we all," And before Suho could even finish his sentence, Kai was pulling Kyungsoo back out into the hallway.

 

*Sorry this is pretty long... Don't be afraid to ask questions! I know it's confusing. My sister came home for the weekend, so we were able to write together, and we got really carried away... hehehe please don't hate us! I love you all!!!!! Until next time, here is a picture of Chanyeol... He's smart because he is handling fire with protective leather....