SM Rookies Bonding Time: The Inside Story

The Life of an Kpop Idol

The members of Hello Venus were having their rest time in the practise room. Hyunjung was surfing the web with her famous, Doraemon laptop and Hana was flirting with Natalie.

Natalie lay her head on Hana's laps and listened to Hana's fail attempt at singing. "Unnie, I'm glad that you became our rapper." Natalie said, cutely nodding her head.

"Why you!" Hana pushed Natalie off her lap and Natalie rolled off the sofa, her head banging against the polished floor. "Oww!" Natalie cried, unable to get up from that position.

At the exact moment, Leeteuk opened the door, smiling. "Hello girls! I brought the EXO boys for some bonding time!" He casually said.

"Oh Natalie! What are you doing on the floor? Planking?" He jokingly asked. Natalie sourly laughed, "Don't ask." She said in a cold manner and went to a corner in the room to sulk.

The twelve boys slowly walked into the practise room, awkwardly following everywhere Leeteuk went. "Let's not be awkward." Leeteuk suggested and the boys nodded.

"Let's all grab a place to sit down and just chat." Leeteuk said as he sat down on the floor. The boys followed him, sitting down. "Girls, come on." Leeteuk smiled at them.

Hello Venus slowly sat down on the floor. Natalie made a face and joined the circle. "So Natalie, mind telling me why you were sulking and lying flat on the floor?" Leeteuk asked.

EXO chuckled, remembering the girl lying on the floor with her face facing the floor. "It's all unnie's fault! She pushed me then I rolled off the sofa." Natalie explained while glaring at Hyunjung.

Everyone looked at Hyunjung. She innocently blinked, "What? She said my singing ." she defended. "But you didn't need to push me right!? I'm the visual of the group!" Natalie folded her arms.

Leeteuk chuckled and the rest followed. "Okay, I got an idea. Let's settle this the variety show way." Leeteuk paused. "The 18 of you, will be in different groups based on your height. Then you'll say something that you don't like about someone from the other team." Leeteuk explained.

"Sounds like fun. Let's do it!" Jisook clapped, smiling like a little child. Xiumin chuckled at her reaction.

"Kay, I'll sort this out. The three tallest in Hello Venus on the left, the 3 shortest on the right. Chop chop." Leeteuk stood up and instructed.

"Aww man! Why must I be born with short legs!?" Jaekyung complained, totally shattering the y leader image she had. "I know right!? Short people also have feelings, okay!?" Miyeon agreed and Hi-5 Jaekyung.

The rest laughed at the two of them, "God, why am I stuck with the crazy duo?" Jisook face palmed herself. Natalie chuckled and clapped her hands.

Crazy duo was a nickname for Jaekyung and Miyeon invented by Natalie, herself. "Crazy duo." Natalie muttered under her breath.

"All right. Now EXO, those who are 180 cm and below, please join the short team. Haha." Leeteuk laughed as he watched the six boys made their way.

"Wow, you're so tall." Natalie muttered in English, looking up at Kris. "Thanks." Kris replied back in English. The two of them had a little moment of their own with their eyes communicating.

The short team: Jaekyung, Miyeon, Jisook, Xiumin, Lay, Chen, Luhan, Suho and D.O.

The tall team: Hana, Hyunjung, Natalie, Kris, Tao, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai.

"Now we're ready to start the game. Here's a doll, after saying something you don't like about that person, throw it to them. And vice-versa." Leeteuk handed Jaekyung the cute banana doll.

Jaekyung smirked, "Natalie, come up." The rest went "OOOH", feeling Jaekyung's charisma. Natalie slowly strutted forward, purposely showcasing her long legs as she walked.

That made Jaekyung more mad. "You're doing well!' Hana encouraged Natalie.

"You. On TV, when they ask you to do aegyo, you always say that you don't have any and makes us do aegyo instead. But, when you're sleeping, you're like 'Anneyong! Natalie-imnida buing buing! Aing~' What the hell?" Jaekyung spat and threw the banana to the floor, it bouncing to Natalie.

"Oh my god! Natalie has aegyo!" Xiumin joked. Natalie's face flushed and she picked up the doll.

"So what? I do aegyo in my sleep but you emcee in your sleep!" Natalie laughed and threw back the doll. Leeteuk chuckled, "How?"

"Wow! Today, there are many talents waiting to perform. Don't change the channel, show show show~" Natalie imitated Jaekyung. The boys clapped their hands and laughed at Natalie and Jaekyung.

Kai's heart beat faster when Natalie turned around to Hi-5 him and the others. *I'll never wash this hand.* He told himself.

"I give up." Jaekyung faked a cry and went behind. "Next, Luhan?" Leeteuk asked, more of like an order but Luhan stepped in front anyway.

"Sehun, come out." Luhan smiled and played with the doll in his hands. Sehun nervously fidgeted, don't know whether to be nervous about Luhan spilling out his secrets and happy about being in the same room as Hello Venus.

"Whenever we go out to buy bubble tea, why must I be the one who orders every time? It's not fair~' Luhan whined and threw the doll to Sehun's legs.

"Hyung, I have lisp. It's embarrassing." Sehun pouted and threw the doll back. "Aww! Is he the maknae? How cute!" Jaekyung squealed and the rest laughed at Sehun's embarrassed reaction.

"Unnie, your motherly instincts are coming out again." Natalie reminded. "Yah, you wanna go one more round?" Jaekyung rolled her eyes as Natalie hid behind Kai.

Kai blushed at her soft touches.

One by one, they spilled each other's secrets.

All of them were laughing and interacting just like how Leeteuk wanted. "Now let's go freestyle. You can call out anyone from any team."

"Natalie you come out!" Miyeon wriggled her finger. Natalie gulped nervously as she walked in front. "Oh this is gonna be good!" Hana jumped up and down.

"You're weird." Miyeon started. "Yeah I agree. Sorry furball." Hana patted Natalie's head and walked over to the short team's side. EXO laughed at the betrayal.

"I have you with me." Natalie smiled at Hyunjung who just meekly smiled back, "Not for long."

"On TV, you have this old-fashioned and cold personality. You act as if you're scared of everything but in real life, you're the biggest daredevil I've met in my life!" Miyeon confessed and threw the doll.

"Sorry!" Hyunjung slipped away to the short team as well. "Yeah I agree!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol also followed Hyunjung and Hana's footsteps.

Natalie folded her arms and rolled her eyes. "Anymore?" She turned to ask Tao, Kris, Sehun and Kai but they all shook their heads. "Good." She smiled.

"What can I say? I'm unique." Natalie smirked and winked at Miyeon. Natalie picked up the doll and tapped it against her other hand.

"My turn. Xiumin oppa!" Natalie pointed at Xiumin. "Eyy it's rude to point at your elders." Xiumin reminded. Leeteuk shook his head, "You can talk informally in this game."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier!? Muahahahah~" Natalie did a little victory dance. "Oh boy." Xiumin sighed.

"In front of my real oppas, you act like you're caring oppa to me. Behind their back, you bully me! You steal my food and my jokes! You baozi!" Natalie laughed and threw the doll.

Xiumin sighed, "No comment." The rest burst out in laughter.

Leeteuk stood up from the chair, "Did you guys have fun?" He asked. Everyone nodded their heads. "All right, now it's time to be serious and practise. Since you all are now friends, do help each other out. Exchange numbers. Hang out together." Leeteuk smiled and they smiled back.

"Thank you sunbaes." EXO bowed at Hello Venus and the girls laughed and bowed back.

All of them returned to their serious mode and started practising their respective routines.