Chapter 13

Who am I?

 

I walked out of the room and out of the company in a complete daze. How on earth did this happen? To me? I sat down on the wall next to it and buried my face in my hands. I could not believe this, this was just… madness.

I felt a hand on mine, trying to get them off my face. I looked up and it was Yoojin oppa and I had to admit, he looked even worse than me. Pale as if his soul had left his body and slightly with a shivering lip. I looked him right in the eyes and as he opened his mouth to say something I jumped up to hug him as tightly as I could.

“Are you alright?” I asked, obviously worried about him. This kid really did not respond well to a stage. He just shook his head and I slightly let go of my grip.

“I completely made a fool out of myself. I felt like puking as soon as I got in there and as I introduced myself and the first song came on, I kind of just ran out.” He said, scratching his head and giving me that smile that was just one of those things you do when you accept your defeat. I couldn’t help but to giggle. “What about you?” He asked, turning serious and so did I. I lowered my head, still couldn’t believe it myself.

“Oh, Yura. It’s ok, we’ll find another way.” He said and I raised y smiling face which confused him, as I could see. “Wait… You passed???” His voice suddenly got louder and he grabbed my shoulders to look me straight in the eyes. “Seriously?” I just nodded my head and immediately I was given a rib-crushing bear hug.

“Oppa… oppa! Can’t breathe!!” I had to sort of break my way free from his grasp. “But yes, I passed. The guy could even speak English, so the majority of the conversation was in English! I have no idea who he was, but that doesn’t matter. I actually passed!” I was still shocked. I mean, yes I thought this plan was good at first, it’s just that I didn’t take it too seriously at first. And here I was – officially a trainee of Woollim entertainment today. Well, tomorrow when the first class will be held apparently. “I have to be back here at 10am tomorrow and apparently I need to make sure to come dressed for exercising.” I explained to him and he still had that look of a proud father on his face while around us there were people crying, cursing this company and only a few who left with a smile on their faces. I guess I could start feeling special since I was one of the people who passed.

As we were making our way back to the house I suddenly stopped in the middle of the road, making someone bump into me from behind, nearly making me fall over. The man looked at me weirdly and I just slightly bowed in apology. Oppa was an onlooker who just laughed in this situation.

“Not funny.” I stuck my tongue out to him and he lightly flicked my nose. “But anyways, I need to get some clothes for exercising! I didn’t bring any with me!” I was looking around for the nearest clothes shop but he again grabbed my hand and started leading me towards a restaurant.

“Celebration dinner first, then shopping.” He was kind enough to inform me of his actions and I just followed obediently. Food actually sounded quite good right now. To my delight it was a meat restaurant. If there was one thing I could never say no to was meat. I just loved it way too much and there were places that had the best Korean beef in the whole Korea. And I had to admit this place seemed to be one. Or at least the prices seemed to shout out ‘quality beef’. Thank goodness he was treating me.

After a hearty meal which made me feel like I will never be able to fit into any track pants anymore, we made way to what Yoojin oppa said was the best place in Seoul to buy sports equipment and clothes. Considering he did like to work out, I had no choice but to believe him. That and the fact that I would have no idea where to start looking anyways and I would probably completely lose my way and end up spending the night in a tube station.

However when we arrived at the place, I had to admit that it seemed like a pretty impressive place. It seemed to have literally EVERYTHING for every single form of exercise out there. I was mesmerized and had the urge to look around as much as possible, but the store assistant said that they were closing earlier today due to some sort of planning thing they would be holding or something along those lines, I was barely listening so we just hurried towards the women’s section and I pretty much jumped every single thing I could see and found appealing. After trying on dozens of trackies and tops I settled for six different bottoms – two long ones, two knee-length and two shorts – and about ten different tops from t-shirts to sleeveless and with spaghetti straps and ones that were the same style as the one I was wearing now and some that were too big for me. Oppa seemed to have almost fallen asleep waiting for me and the shop assistant seemed a bit annoyed. I realized I was the last customer and had taken a bit too long to choose. I apologized to the employees and quickly checked out as Yoojin oppa was dragging me out.

“Women and shopping… I will never understand it.” He mumbled and I had to gasp.

“Hey, you are the same! Who did I have to wait for last time for a whole hour because you had forgotten about our meeting because you were shopping?” I reminded him of an incident that happened in England a few months ago. I never let him forget that. I was not really the type that was too patient and making me wait for a whole hour without even picking up the phone instantly put you on my black list. If it wasn’t Yoojin oppa I would have just walked off and never contacted the person again.

As we got back home, to my relief his parents were still not back so I could get changed into something that would be more ‘plain’ as I called it and get comfortable while watching TV so it would look like we had been home for a long time and nothing important has happened today. We had agreed that the whole auditioning bit and me becoming a trainee would be kept a secret from them. They weren’t really too accepting of the whole celebrity thing. I had to admit I was surprised that a guy like Yoojin oppa came from a family like this. He was nothing like his parents in terms of personality which I was glad about. I liked his parents, but if I had to hear comments about my looks from him as well and if he ever tried to change me I would actually kill him I think.

As the day came to an end and I snuggled up in my bed I had to admit I had butterflies in my stomach. I had no idea what to expect from tomorrow and the company in general. What will happen to me now? And what if I won’t be able to find out anything about my brother? I was just very, very excited and nervous and happy and just a mixture of every single feeling a person could feel it seemed. It felt like I won’t be able to sleep the whole night…