Chapter 10

Who am I?

 

I stared at the entrance of the company, with my mouth slightly open, eyes wide and full of disbelief and after about five minutes of just standing there like a complete fool, a scary laugh came out of my mouth. Anyone passing us by would probably think I’ve gone completely mental.

“Oppa, look, look! It’s closed! They’re closed.” I think I would scare myself if I could hear my own voice from someone else’s point of view. I sounded crazy, like I’ve lost it completely.

“Umm, Yura, are you alright? You sound a bit… strange.” Yoojin started off quite carefully. “You know these things happen. Smaller companies would be closed on a Sunday, there’s no big surprise there.” He explained calmly, taking a step back. He must have realized that when he said that these sort of companies don’t really have days off, I had thought all of them, including the smaller ones.

“YOU SAID THEY DON’T SLEEP!!” I barked at him and he just put his hands together in an apologetic manner and bowed his head slightly.

“I’m really sorry. I don’t really know much about these companies. I’ve just seen the other ones being open on Sunday.” He used a very annoyingly whiny voice which should only be allowed for girls to be used. I shrugged and just shook my head.

“Great. Awesome.” Was all I could manage to say. I looked at the last name of the company, Woolim entertainment. I was wondering if there was any point to go and look at this one either. It was probably closed as well and it was getting pretty late. By the time we would get there, none of the trainees would be in the company anyways. Or so I thought.

“I guess we will have to come back tomorrow then.” I said with a deep sigh. I wanted to get this done as soon as possible, but I guess I was out of luck. To my embarrassment, at this moment my stomach let out a huge roar or hunger. It shocked even me, because I was so into this hunting game, I’ve forgotten about lunch and it was closing in on dinner time now. Oppa just burst out laughing which made me turn even pinker.

“That is SO not funny! Grow up!” I stuck my tongue out to him and started walking off in a search for a shop where I could buy some snack before we return home to a lovely home-cooked dinner.

“I’m sorry, Yura, but that was just the most perfect timing and the loudest growl I’ve heard. Even amongst my male friends.” He said, still cracking up about it. I hit him lightly on the shoulder so he knows that it’s about time to shut up. These things happen, just need to take it as cooly as possible.

We walked into a convenience store not too far from the company and this was like walking into a Wonderland of snacks for me. Most of them I’ve never even heard of and had no idea what they would taste like. Oppa suggested to just grab a ramyun, the most traditional fast noodle soup, but I knew I would get filled up by it and would not have space for any dinner once we get back. In the end, after about half an hour or looking through the countless snacks, I settled for something that looked like little white dumplings covered in flour. According to oppa they were very sweet with red bean paste in the middle and it was basically just raw dough, but you could eat it raw anyways. He was sure that even from one of them I would feel sick as they really were that sweet. I didn’t believe him, of course, and took this challenge. Sadly it turned out that he was right. They were quite small, but one was really enough to make me feel sick of it for the moment. Oppa on the other hand was munching away. He told me he liked them and that he was very hungry. Plus a man. That little ist rascal.

As we got back home, the house was filled with the most delicious smell I’ve ever felt and my mouth was instantly watering. I wanted to rush over to the dinner table, but both of us were forced to change before eating. I can’t remember the last time I changed so quickly. I didn’t care what I wore (that IS a big shock knowing me) and I was sat down by that table even before Yoojin.

After dinner I helped with the clearing off again, we all sat down to watch some Korean variety shows (I had oppa translating or explaining things to me which I did not understand) and then it was bed time. Well, at least for the parents. Me and oppa still stayed awake for a bit chatting about what was the plan for tomorrow and then I remembered about the things we had bought earlier. I was quick to bid oppa goodnight and rushed into my room to go through the things once more. I wasn’t a shopaholic, well at least not a lost case, but there was something about new clothes that just instantly made your life so much better. I carefully removed the tags on every single thing I bought, tried everything on once again, trying to match it with the things I had and only at that moment I realized most of my stuff was still in my suitcases and I had not cleaned up from yesterday. This sent chills down my spine. I couldn’t believe I had slept in such a room last night.

It didn’t take me long to clear everything up, put all my clothes, accessories and make-up out, organize everything so it was comfortable to me and I even made my bed. I was soon to get in it, but I had to admit, once you make your bed, your room instantly look 50% cleaner.

While clearing up, a thought crossed my mind. I knew that most companies pre-announce when they are about to debut a new artist, even up to a year before they do it. I had to wonder, but maybe it was already announced that oppa was about to debut, I just didn’t know about it. Mother hadn’t given any specific details, but she was confident that he was about to debut in an idol group. Maybe it was really already announced! With this thought in mind, I went on the internet and I think I spent at least an hour trying to search for any news for upcoming groups. To my disappointment, it was only news regarding the big companies, but they had (well two of them) already informed me that my brother was not under them. I was about to give up, I noticed a small article about one of the companies we were supposed to visit today, Woolim entertainment, and apparently there were rumours going around that they would be debuting a group next year or so. But they were only rumours, so I didn’t take this article seriously. Without any luck, I decided it was really time for bed now as tomorrow I would have to prepare to invade the two last companies. He had to be at one of them, there was no other way. Otherwise I would be back to square one, without any clues to lead me.