Chapter 2

Playing with Fire (HIATUS)

 

It was a Saturday morning so she decided to go grocery shopping since she was running out of food and some household supplies at home.  She took her car then drive to the local market.

“Pasta, pasta sauce... What else am I missing?” she was trying to recall the stuff she had written down in her grocery list.  She left the grocery list in her kitchen counter as her forgetful side took over.

“Are you going to cook spaghetti?” a boy, about her age asked.

“Excuse me?” she looked up from from where she was standing as she was looking for the pasta sauce in the third bottom row of the shelf.

“I’m sorry if I startled you but you seemed like you need help five minutes ago and I couldn’t help but notice,” he said smiling, “I don’t mean to be nosy or anything, I’d just like to help.”

“Oh I’m fine thanks.  I was just trying to figure out the stuff I had written in my grocery list since I left the darn paper at home,” she explained.

“So you need any help?” he kindly offered.

“No, thank you! I don’t want to bother you.  And besides I just decided to make vegetarian friendly spaghetti.”

“Are you sure?” she nodded at his question. “Okay if you say so.  I’m Chanyeol by the way,” reaching his hand out indicating he wanted to shake hands with her.

She reached out her hand hesitantly and shook his hand, “My name is Chihiro,” she introduced herself slightly bowing to the young stranger she just met.

“No need to be formal with the whole bowing thing,” he immediately said as he felt uncomfortable with the formalities. She just gave a faint smile from his request.  Chanyeol returned that favour of smiling back making his right eye slightly smaller than the other.

“Aww his right eye is smaller than the other when he smiles! How cute!” Chihiro thought. “Nice meeting you Chanyeol but I have some errands that I have to attend to,” she excused herself.

“Oh okay then but let me you out of here,” he insisted.  “I didn’t know gentlemen exist nowadays,” she was amazed.  She smiled and nodded at his politeness.

She was about to leave the grocery store when she found fliers of newly renovated theme park.  Her smile faded as her eyes fell upon the address of the advertised theme park.  It was the theme park where she was once lost between the two worlds; the world of humans and the world of spirits.  As the image of Wufan came to her head, her heart started beating faster and her breathing became unsteady.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol questioned with concern.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks,” she faked a smile.  “I better get going. Nice meeting you again!” she said before taking her leave.

 

 

Chihiro was standing in the other side of the river.  The river separated the two realms.  Her heart started to race.  She wasn’t ready to face everyone especially Wufan.  She was startled seeing a figure standing on front of her as she turned around.  The standing figure was Wufan.  She wasn’t ready.  She just stared at him with wide eyes, not knowing what to say.  Wufan came closer reaching out his hand.  He cupped her face with tenderness.  Crystals formed in the rim of her eyes.

“I miss you.  I wanna see you,” she silently said.  Tears fell from her eyes are she felt his hand on her cheek.

“You will see me soon enough,” he smiled.

 

“It was just a dream.  But it felt like it was real, I felt his presence,” Chihiro thought while touching her cheek.  She felt tears fell from her eyes as she touched her cheek.

“Did I really cry?  This is the first dream I had of him talking,” she was in deep thought.  Did dreaming of him really mean something?  This time she didn’t shake the thought away.  This time she made sure to find out what’s going on once and for all so that she could end things right with him.

 

 

 

A/N:

Thank you guys for subscribing to this story.  I know it is nothing compared to the other stories here but please be patient with me!  Don't forget to comment! I wanna know your thoughts about the story and I am open to any suggestions!

Thank you again!