Chapter 1

Playing with Fire (HIATUS)

 

Chihiro has grown into quite a charming and beautiful young lady ever since she last met Wufan and the others working in the bathhouse.  She matured a lot since then but she was still quite the crybaby.

Chihiro was sitting in her windowsill gazing up at the stars and at the crescent shaped moon.  Her thoughts were flying away from the city to the country where Yubaba’s bathhouse was located.

“I wonder how everyone is doing,” she said in her mind thinking about the others she worked with in the bathhouse, Grandma Zeniba and especially the dragon boy she fell in love with, Wufan.  Five years ago was the first time and the last time she saw them.  She missed them so much.  They always had a special place in her heart but Wufan was the one who had the most room in that place in her heart.  Tears fell from her eyes as she was reminiscing about the moments they shared together.  Her reminiscing then led her to his promise.  Tears started to fall uncontrollably.

“5 years and still counting,” she sighed.  She was thinking if maybe there was a little ray of hope that one day maybe he would show up.  Maybe that little ray of hope would make her happy.  But waiting for him for that long made her into a very pessimistic person.  Her mind argued with her heart that he won’t show up and that she should quit holding on to his word.

 

The night grew old as she grew tired.  She decided to sleep.  Sleep was her therapy from it all.  It was the only way for her not to feel how she missed him.  Sleep was her pain reliever.  Talking could have helped too but who will she talk to about her boy problems?  She can’t even mention that he lives in a parallel universe and that he is half dragon.  People would think that she was either crazy or on drugs or could be both so she kept it all bottled up inside.  Her friends from college thought that she was in a long distance kind of relationship with him.  But she never really tells.

 

Waking up the next morning, she felt empty.

“Why do I always see his face in my dreams?”  she asked herself.  Dreaming of him left her tired and heartbroken.  She had been dreaming of him every single night for the past two weeks.  The dreams were the same every single night.  In her dream, Wufan would just caress her face, smiling at her.  He did not utter a word. He would just look at her in the eyes and smile.  It was as if he was giving her hints that everything wound be okay.

“Does dreaming about him mean something?” she shook the thought away from her head.  She didn’t want to give herself false hope. She got off bed and started with her daily morning routine.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

So what do you guys think of the first chapter? Is it a yay or nay?  In case you guys are wondering who Chihiro is, she is you. And you are the protagonist of this story! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment and say what you think of the story!