Chapter 7

Playing with Fire (HIATUS)

 

Recap:

As Chihiro opened the door, she saw Wufan’s transformed dragon form.  Chihiro could sense anger as flames were coming out of the dragon’s mouth within each exhale.  Wufan then transformed into his human form and swiftly pulled Chihiro away from the house.  “Wufan! What are you doing?! Stop it!”  Chihiro ordered.  Wufan’s eyes showed anger and perhaps jealousy.

 

 

Wufan turned his head still holding on to Chihiro’s forearm tightly and saw Chanyeol behind her, “Let go! I said let go Wufan!” Chihiro shouted.  Wufan let go of her arm, “Why didn’t you wait for me?!” Chihiro could see fire burning in his angry eyes.

 

“Wufan don’t shout at Chihiro like that.  It’s my fault not hers.” Chanyeol interrupted the literal heated argument between the two.  “Come on, let’s go home,” Wufan said as he was trying his best not to give in to his temper.  Chihiro took a step back away from the hot tempered dragon boy.  This made Wufan’s temper spark.  He grabbed Chihiro by the waist and placed her on his shoulder as if she was a potato sack as he transformed back into his dragon form and flew back to the bathhouse.

 

Chanyeol fell silent at Wufan’s bold action.  “Granny I’ll take my leave.  I’m sorry for the trouble and thank you for the wonderful lunch.”  He bowed to the elderly woman.  “Come back anytime.” She said, “And Chanyeol, keep your distance from her if I were you.”

 

Chanyeol looked at Zeniba with surprise.  “I know you are starting to like the girl but if you you ended up liking each other, it will be difficult since you are in that condition.”  Chanyeol gave her a faint smile and said, “Don’t worry.  She doesn’t like me that way and I know she loves Wufan.”  Zeniba shook her head, “Well dear, she is having a hard time with Wufan lately and we can never tell the future.”  She said as she held Chanyeol’s hand like a grandmother would.  “If we can never tell the future then why is my future already set? Ever since I was little, everyone kept telling me that my future is to die?”

 

Tears started falling from his eyes.  “No one knows how horrible it is to be told that you are to die when you’re young except me and the other phoenixes.  Kids don’t know anything about life at a young age.  And I had to understand that.  They forced me to understand that.”  Zeniba’s heart broke to see such a beautiful creature to be in so much pain.

 

“My father, he is trying his best to look for a cure or a stop to this.  He saw my mother die in front of her eyes with her own flame.  She was a phoenix like I am.”  She looked at the poor boys eyes are they were filled with tears.  His eyes were screaming pain as his heart was slowly creating his own fire to end his life.

 

“They say phoenixes die from their own fire and they are reborn again from their own ashes.  But my mother, she didn’t come back from her ashes.  My father waited for 2 years for her to come back.  We didn’t touch her ashes for 2 years yet she never came back.  My father became a different man after my mother’s death.  It hurts me to know that he will see another family member die in front of his eyes.  It pains me so much.”  She didn’t know how he felt and will never know.  She could only understand the pain he was going through.  She could only give him her sympathy words the boy.  Chanyeol tried his best to brush of the tears and said, “I better leave.  Thank you again.”

 

 

Wufan and Chihiro flew back to the bathhouse as if his speed was the like the speed of light.  It was so fast that Chihiro had to close her eyes as she was frightened and she could feel her stop her heartbeat once in awhile.  It was nothing compared to what happened 5 years ago.  It was so romantic and they we were so in love then.  The feeling Chihiro had in her stomach was those fluttering butterflies dancing around because of her love towards him.  Now, they weren't even there.

 

Wufan transformed back into his human form as they landed at the bridge in front of the bathhouse.  “Why didn’t you wait for me?” he asked.  His temper went away with the wind as they flew back but Chihiro was still in fury.  “What do you mean I didn’t wait?! I waited for almost an hour Kris!”  Wufan was taken aback from hearing the name “Kris” and so was she.  Kris – it was his real name; the name he could not remember 5 years ago but Chihiro brought it all back.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.  It’s just that-” Chihiro interrupted, “No Wufan.  I am tired.  I am tired of waiting.  I’ve waited for you for 5 years and when I finally get the chance to meet you and be with you I would still have to wait?”  Her eyes started glistening from her tears.  This pained Wufan.  “The reason- the reason I came back was to break things off with you because I don’t want to wait anymore.  A girl has her limits too.”  She sighed. 

 

“Breaking things off? Is it because of Chanyeol?”  He furrowed his eyebrows.  “Did you start liking him already?!  You barely know the guy!  You’ve been here for only what? 2 days?!”  She slapped him as she digested all the words he had said.  She looked at him with disgust, “What?! Why are you bringing him up?! He has nothing to do with it!  And do you think I am that kind of person?!”  She was angry.  She wanted to end things there but she knew she could not be carried away with her temper.  “You should stay away from him.”  She scoffed at his command, “Chanyeol is my friend! You’re not my father and you can’t tell me what to do!”  She started walking away but Wufan’s speed was to his advantage as pulled her facing him.

 

“You’re playing with fire if you won’t stay away from him.”  Chihiro shook her head, “I already played with fire 5 years ago when I met and fell in love with a dragon.”  She walked away leaving Wufan speechless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Annyeonghaseyo! Surprised I updated? haha well it's all thanks to my wonderful friends/subsribers who commented!  I was motivated to update!  But the next update won't be up until two weeks since I am doing something for college at the moment so please bear with me!  And I know I haven't been consistent on how I write my fic (if you could notice it) since I AM NO WRITER AND I AM NOT AN ASPIRING WRITER! I am writing these just for fun and to put my imagination out there! haha

 

@MissPandaRawr: Should I? Should I not make Kris punch Chanyeol?XD

@Roseclear: YOU ARE THE REASON WHY I UPDATED THIS! I SARANG YOU!! thank you for reading all of the chapters in just one go! And I am so glad that you like the fic!  I hope the story is up to your standards and liking!

@KookieMonster: Chihiro had her reasons! haha I mean who would say no to Chanyeol?XD

 

I love you guys! Hope you enjoyed this update!