Chapter 6

Playing with Fire (HIATUS)

 

Recap:

“Sure I’ll come with you.  Meet me at the garden near the piggery tomorrow morning okay?” he happily said.  The thought of being with Chihiro made him very happy and excited.  He was now looking forward for tomorrow’s events.

 

 

Chihiro woke up the next day a little woozy.  It took her a few seconds to adjust to her surroundings. “Oh yeah, I’m not in my apartment anymore.” She got out of the bed and went to open the curtains.  The sun’s rays greeted her face to her delight.  The sight and sound of nature greeted her senses.  She was happy.  Sheremembered that she asked Wufan to accompany her to Granny Zeniba at Swamp Bottom.  The thought of spending a day with Wufan makes her happier than she already was.  She felt as if she was a teenager again.

 

Lin knocked on her door making her snap out of her train of thought.  “Good morning Sen! Oh Chihiro I mean.” Lin chirped.  “Old habits die hard you know.  Anyways I have some clothes for you to wear while you stay here.  I know you didn’t bring any extra clothes with you so here you go.”

“Thank you Lin.” Chihiro hugged Lin. “I’m sorry that I am bothering you with this kind of thing.” Chihiro apologized.  “Stop saying that! You can pester me all you want and I wouldn’t mind! It has been 5 years since we last saw each other! And I have missed you! You’re like a sister to me.  So don’t worry about it, okay?”  Chihiro just gave her brightest smile.  “Now go get yourself ready.  I know you have plans with Wufan!”  Lin raised both her eyebrows twice as she mentioned Wufan’s name while pushing Chihiro to the bathroom.

 

 

Chihiro went to the garden near the pig farm.  Memories were filling her mind.  She remembered how she cried like a baby beside Wufan as she was eating the steamed buns he gave her.  She was getting impatient as she had been waiting for him for quite some time now.  To keep herself somewhat entertained, she looked around the garden.  The scenery made her happy.  The flowers were in full bloom.

“They’re beautiful.” she whispered.  “Good morning!” she turned around to greet the cheerful voice.  But he was not ther person she was expecting to see.  “Chanyeol!” she was surprised. “Good morning.  What are you are doing here?”

“Just talking my daily walks.” he simply answered.  “And what about you?  What are you doing here?”

“I’m actually waiting for Wufan.  I asked him to bring me to Swamp Bottom to meet an old friend,” she sighed as she looked at her watch.  It has already been 45 minutes and Wufan was not still around. “But I don’t think I’m going anymore since he still isn’t here.”

“Wufan? I heard that he had an errand to do about half an hour ago.” Chanyeol saw Chihiro’s face form a frown.  “But if you want, I can come with you to Swamp Bottom.  I have nothing to do for the rest of the day.  So what do you think?” she smiled and nodded at his kind offer.

 

“We could take the train to go there.  I’ll pay for your ticket.” he said as they started walking away from the garden.  “No you don’t have to do that.  I’m really grateful that you’re coming with me over Swamp Bottom.  I can pay for my own ticket and I really don’t wanna bother you,” she said refusing Chanyeol’s offer.  Unfortunately, he insisted to pay for the ticket.  He didn’t give her any other option other than saying yes to his request.

 

 

The train ride was peaceful.  Chihiro was glad to talk to a person like Chanyeol.  He was easy to talk to.  Chanyeol became suddenly quiet.  “What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Chihiro was concerned.  “No worries I’m fine.” He winced as he was trying to hide the fact that he felt a little burning sensation from his chest.  “I’m sorry I have to drag you all the way here when you’re not feeling well.”  He shook his head ang giving her his reassuring smile that he was fine.  “We’re here.  Come on let’s get off the train.” He said as he held her hand pulling her towards the exit.

 

As they got off the train, a hopping lamp welcomed them.  Chihiro bowed to the familiar figure and the walking lamp did the same thing.  The hopping lamp lead the way to Zeniba’s house like the way it did 5 years ago.  As they move near towards the house, Chihiro’s face was forming a huge smile as she sees two familiar faces.

“Granny! No Face!” Chihiro ran towards Zeniba and her old friend No Face with her arms wide open asking for a hug.  “You have grown into such a beautiful lady Chihiro.”  Chihiro blushed at her Granny Zeniba’s compliment.  Zeniba looked behind Chihiro, “And who is this fellow you are with?”  Chihiro walked towards Chanyeol and grabbed his hand as she was pulling him towards Zeniba.  “Granny this is my friend Chanyeol.”  Chanyeol bowed to the elderly and greeted, “Good day ma’am.  My name is Chanyeol.  It is a pleasure to meet you.”  Zeniba gave a warm smile to the boy, “Chanyeol? So you are a phoenix.  It is also a pleasure to meet a phoenix like you.  Come dears.  Let’s get inside the house.  I’ll prepare lunch for the both of you.”  She ushered her guests inside her cozy, little house.

 

 

Exchanges of stories and laughter filled the house as they were talking all throughout lunch.  Zeniba had prepared a hearty meal for them to enjoy.  Chanyeol was conversing with them and everyone thought it was great.  “I’ll wash the disheds.” Chihiro volounteered.

As Chihiro was washing the dishes, Chanyeol had something in his mind that he wanted to ask Zeniba.  “Excuse me ma’am Zeniba-” Zeniba cut him off, “Call me granny sweetie.”  Chanyeol nodded and continued, “How did you know I was a phoenix?”  Zeniba smiled, “I am a witch dear and I know the likes of you.  I am good at observing people.  You could call it a gift.” Zeniba laughed at her bold proclamation about her gift.  “I also know that you carry a burden in you.  I know that your heart feels heavy as the day goes by with this burning sensation.”  Chanyeol looked down as he played with his finger.  “I know you’re scared and I really don’t know how to help you with this.”  Chanyeol looked at Zeniba, “Don’t worry granny.  I can’t do anything about it. I accepted my fate.”   Chihiro came back from washing the dishes, “Did I miss anything?” She asked.  “Nope.  You didn’t!”  Chanyeol gave her a huge smile making one of his eyes smaller than the other. “Oh good!” Chihiro laughed then suddenly the windows open violently due to sudden outburst of the wind.  “We have another guest.  Chihiro it’s better if you welcome that guest.  He seems to be not in a good mood.”  Chihiro obeyed her Granny Zeniba’s order.

 

As Chihiro opened the door, she saw Wufan’s transformed dragon form.  Chihiro could sense anger as flames were coming out of the dragon’s mouth within each exhale.  Wufan then transformed into his human form and swiftly pulled Chihiro away from the house.  “Wufan! What are you doing?! Stop it!”  Chihiro ordered.  Wufan’s eyes showed anger and perhaps jealousy.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Annyeonghaseyo my dear readers!  I would like to apologize for the lack of update since I am losing interest in this story.  I don't know if I should continue on with this story to be honest.   I know I may ask a lot for your feedback but hearing them motivates me to update.  This was the last chapter I have drafted so I'm posting them up for you guys.

I didn't proofread this so please forgive my spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

 

@MissPandaRawr: really? i didn't know people are waiting for one but here you go!

@xoxo-Shira-xoxo: thank you for the wall post! that made me update this chapter for you!  i hope you enjoy this chapter!