Chapter 4

Playing with Fire (HIATUS)

 

Recap:

She took the time to walk towards the bridge that separated everything from the bathhouse.  She suddenly stopped when she reached the red bridge.  She stared at the place, reminiscing about what happened five years ago.  Then Wufan came to her mind.

 

“No I can’t do it, I don’t think I can face him yet,” she whispered.  The image of seeing his face once again would hurt her.  So she decided to leave.

 

But fate wanted to play with her.  As she turned around she saw a familiar looking face staring right at her.

 

    

 

“Chihiro? Is that you? Is that really you?” Chihiro flinched as he questioned her identity.  As he took a step forward, she took a step back because of fear.

“Chihiro, it’s me Wufan! Don’t you remember me?” concern filled his questioning eyes.

“No, it can’t be! I’m not ready to face him,” she stared at the familiar looking man.  Her heart was ready to jump off her chest.  She wanted to run; she wanted to run away from him.  The pain crept in her system.  As she was ready to run away from him with all her might, Wufan grabbed her wrist, spun her around and suddenly hugged her.  It was as though he could read her mind but he didn’t have to.  It was written all over her face that she wanted to get away from him.  But he didn’t want to let her go.

“Chihiro, I missed you so much!” he hugged her tighter not wanting the moment to end.  He felt his shirt starting to soak from her tears. “Don’t cry please! I don’t like you crying,” he begged but it didn’t stop her from the waterworks.

She was still crying as he hesitantly let her go from his embrace.  “Hey, what’s wrong?” he questioned.  She finally had the courage to stop crying and to look him straight in the eye.

“What’s wrong?! You ask me what is wrong?!” she exploded while sobbing.  Her pain and fear of seeing him was replaced but her suppressed anger towards him.  “You pro-promised!” she stuttered.  “You promised me that we will see each other!” she started hitting his well sculpted chest.

“But we’re seeing each other now,” he joked.  He knew it was a bad one as he noticed her getting red from the anger she was feeling.  “That is not what I mean!” he flinched as she shouted.

The two stopped at their little argument as they noticed the sky was filled with lightning followed by a loud roar of thunder.  Wufan looked at the sky as it turned dark.  “Come on we have to get inside the bathhouse,” he said as he grabbed her wrist pulling her towards the bathhouse.

Chihiro was being stubborn and pulled away from his grip.  “I don’t wanna come with you.  I came to end things between us.  Even though I know there’s no such thing as us,” she calmly said.  Hurt was expressed in his face but it didn’t stop him from pulling her in the bathhouse. “Can we talk about this later Chihiro?  It’s not safe her please!” he pleaded but her stubbornness got in the way.  “You don’t wanna listen to me? Fine!” he grabbed Chihiro by the waist and carried her like a potato sack as they made their way to the bathhouse.  “Put me down! Now!” she demanded as she was punching his back.  “You weren’t listening to me so I won’t listen to you.  It’s that simple,” he smirked.  “I hate you Wufan! I really do!” she shouted with annoyance.

 

As Wufan carried her towards the entrance, a bird engulfed by fire blocked their way to the entrance of the bathhouse – a phoenix to be exact.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Yeoreobun, annyeonghaseyo!  I really wanna say thank you to each and everyone of you who subscribed to my story!  Please let me know what you think!  I love having conversation with people so don't hesitate to even just say hi!^~^ also i update my twitter A LOT so if you guys want follow me on twitter @exojae

 

@mingreen: thank you for the comment! i hope you're enjoying the story so far:3

@claireify: from this chapter update yes it is wufan! hehehe