Chapter 3

Playing with Fire (HIATUS)

 

Days have passed, and it was Chihiro’s semester break.  She felt bored so she decided to go the newly renovated theme park the next day.  Her being bored was not the only reason why she wanted to go.  She had this gut feeling telling her to go see the place for herself.

 

She was sitting in her windowsill in deep thought.  She was thinking of what will happen.  Will she be trapped in between the two realms like what happened 5 years ago?  Will she see the boy she had loved for so long but didn’t see him until their last farewell?  She didn’t know what she should do if she would end up in the spirit world again.  However, she’d rather be stuck in that realm for some time thinking at least she would get to see him even at least once.

 

 

The next day, she left her apartment at nine in the morning.  She took her car and drove for an hour to arrive at the amusement park.  She stepped on the brakes slowly as the traffic light turned red.  She was looking around the familiar place then something caught her attention.

 

“I remember those little houses!” she smiled remembering the time when she asked her mother what the purpose of those little houses was.  Her mother explained that they were shrines where the spirits lived.

 

She stopped her car near the tunnel.  The amusement park was on the other of the tunnel.  She had to go there by feet.

 

“Am I that early?  How come I’m the only who is parked here?” she shook the thought away thinking that maybe there was another parking space.  The direction of the winds changed as she looked at the dark tunnel.  It was as if nature wanted her to go into the tunnel.  A sudden force was slowly pulling her in.

 

“Funny, this seems familiar,” she laughed at the thought of how the wind wanted her to go through the tunnel.  It was like déjà vu.  Slowly, she walked through the tunnel.  She was having a hard time walking since it was dark.  Then she saw the other end of the tunnel.  She was getting nervous by the minute as she approached the light.

 

She squinted from the brightness as the sunlight hit her well sculpted face.  Then a familiar feeling went to her system; the feeling of nervousness; the feeling of the cool, spring breeze; the feeling of the grass touching her ankles.  They were all too familiar.  It was the same feeling she had five years ago.

 

She carefully walked pass the stream that separated the busy world and the amusement park.  The amusement park was pretty quiet.

“Maybe I arrived way too early,”she walked and walked until she reached a recognizable of set of steps.  It was the set of steps that leads to Yubaba’s bathhouse.  She took one step up hesitantly, thinking if it was the right thing to do.  Her heart raced hinting her that it was not too late to go back to the amusement park.  But her mind and body told her so otherwise.  She continued walking up the steps then a full view of the bathhouse was seen by her own two eyes.

 

She took the time to walk towards the bridge that separated everything from the bathhouse.  She suddenly stopped when she reached the red bridge.  She stared at the place, reminiscing about what happened five years ago.  Then Wufan came to her mind.

 

No I can’t do it, I don’t think I can face him yet,” she whispered.  The image of seeing his face once again would hurt her.  So she decided to leave.

 

But fate wanted to play with her.  As she turned around she saw a familiar looking face staring right at her.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Annyeonghaseyo yeoreobun!  I hope you enjoyed this chapter!  Jeongmal mianhae if you find it boring!  Please comment and let me know what you guys think.  I wanna know if it's up to your liking or not.

 

@stefrawrs: thank you for the comment and thank you for being the first one to comment! komawo for telling me about my typos! I really hope you enjoy this chapter!