The Bear

Snow white and the 7 princes.

Author's POV:

It was the following day and the boys were preparing themselves for their first day at school. Jiyeon sat quietly on the living room couch, picking at her breakfast as she watched them scramble around.

"Alright guys!" Soohyun exclaimed, "Let's file out."

They obeyed his orders and began to leave the house.

Soohyun strolled over to Jiyeon and reminded her of what she was to do if anyone came to the door. By anyone, he meant her mother of course.

"When you finish breakfast go to your room and lock the door. Don't come out until we get back. If your mom comes to check on us we don't want her to find you. Okay?"

Jiyeon nodded in understanding and continued to shovel her breakfast into .

Soohyun gave her a warm smile then stepped out of the house, locking the door behind him as the boys began their trek. As the boys bickered and laughed, enjoying the crisp air and the rays of sun that warmed their uniformed bodies, Kevin's gaze fixated on a single tree as his feet seemed to melt into the ground, preventing further movement.

Kiseop turned to look at the boy before calling out to him.

A chill ran down Kevin's spine as he struggled to tear his eyes away from the giant gashes that marred the tree bark. The four long slashes that dug into the tree with such depth. Vivid memories invaded his head as he squeezed his eyes shut and his body began to tremble. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as red flashed in his mind. Bodies leaking thick crimson liquid upon the green grass, cries of agony, and an enormous dark figure looming over head.

Run.

Hands planted themselves firmly on Kevin shoulders and shook the fragile boy furiously, "Kevin!" a concerned voice roared in his ears.

Then slowly, the memories and images began to melt away, leaving a pale frightened husk. His eyes, dilated with fear, opened wide and concerned faces came into view.

"Are you okay?" Eli questioned from behind Kiseop.

Kevin's mouth opened and closed as his scattered brain struggled to string together enough words to form a sentence that they could understand. His gaze snapped back to the tree as he stood still, mouth continuing to move like a fish out of water. AJ followed his eyes to the tree not too far away and brought attention to it as he walked over on weak, wobbling legs and ran his fingers through the claw markings. His skin met the rough texture as he dragged his hand along the lengthy markings with at least 3 inches in width.

 

"Bear," Kevin sputtered.

 

Their faces darkened.

AJ left the tree and announced that it would be best for them to continue on their way. A thinly veiled attempt to distance them all from such an uncomfortable topic. They exchanged looks, a silent agreement that this topic should be put to rest, and if they could help it, never brought up again. Therefore, they dragged the shaking husk of a boy out of the woods in a futile attempt to leave behind burning memories.