33

Super Junior Fullhouse

Both of us blinked, taken aback by the sudden disturbance.

"Sorry," I muttered, as I fumbled to stop the buzzing. Glancing at my phone in annoyance, the same mystery phone number called, leaving a message on my phone with a missed call. I slid the phone back into my pocket, looked at the ground and cleared my throat, feeling very embarrassed at the turn of events. I heard Siwon shuffling his feet, probably feeling pretty much as awkward as I was, perhaps even worse than my current situation. I peered up at his smooth, chiseled face and our eyes caught each other.

A wave of ease washed over me, and the two of us just burst out laughing, laughing at the utter ridiculousness of both our given situations. A few minutes in, and our laughter died softly that mingled into the nothingness of the still night breeze. Grabbing a hold of myself, I took a deep breath, mustering the courage to say the words I wanted to say.

"Siwon, I--".

"Siwooonn?!?! Hyooriiiin!!!!! Where are you?!" Several voices shouted in an echoing loud cacophony.

Seriously, another disruption? What is wrong with the world?! I thought. Siwon gave me a "what can you do" smile and shrugged.

"I'll go in first so that it won't get even more chaotic," he proposed.

"Sounds like a good plan. I'll see you in a bit," I replied as he took hold of the door handle and opened it.

Before closing the door he hesitantly managed to say, "Go on a date with me tomorrow? And... Maybe we can sort out things then?" The sound of footsteps and voices slowly came louder as they pounded up the stairs.

I flashed him a bright, reassuring smile. "Sounds like a plan, Stan." With that, the widest grin was plastered on his face and he closed the door softly before encountering the rest of s. I smiled stupidly to myself as I skipped over to one of the lounging chairs and sat down with a happy plop. Looking up into the stars, I whispered, "Charlie? Jake? Do you see me? Do you see us? You approve of him, don't you?

A small chuckle escaped from my lips. "He really is a nice man, you know? It feels nice being around him..."

I sat up from my chair and slowly threaded across the wooden floor, and lingered my hand on the door handle. I turned back and stared up at the stars.

"I'm going to try to move on," I said softly. "After all, I can't be stuck in the past too long..."

Leaving that past was the hardest decision for me. Who could forget those cold bitter nights in that horrid mansion? Who could forget the cruel agony I suffered after seeing Jake's hot blood pooling on the ground? Who could forget the day when my knees were demolished to pieces from Master's brother? And who could forget Charlie's death? Nevertheless, this group of young men—who I know are loving and caring, funny and ridiculous, immature boys yet mature gentlemen—are the ones who truly changed me and my viewpoint of life. The one I have to think the most though is Han Geng. I guess without him, nothing would ever change. It was his gentle prodding for me to look at things differently. After everything here, tonight was the night I was going to change.

THIRD POV:

Two shadowy forms materialized in the chilly air after Hyorin left.

"It's good she's trying to move on," murmured one of the figures.

The other nodded in agreement. "She can't be hung up too much in the past. It's unhealthy."

"I'm just glad that she's able to start anew by herself."

"At least she's finally learning! When she was with you, you spoiled her too much!" the second shadow responded in an exasperated tone.

"Well whatever! That's the past. I bet on Siwon," the amorphous shadow declared.

"Pish posh," scoffed the other figure in a British accent. "You know that fate will not change. Alice isn't destined for him."

"Bah, we create our own destinies, don't we, Charlie?" tsked the shadow as he floated down to the rooftop floor.

"Such an optimist! Who believes in that rubbish still? I'm being the realist here," the old ghost replied indignantly, flying after the adolescent boy.

"February 4 calls for no action. It's not a special day at all." Jake waved a hand away at the idea of the red string of fate. 

"If I win the bet, you better give me your half of your life savings!" warned Charlie, wagging a finger.

Jake turned towards Charlie with a playful smirk. "And the same with you. You're on old man!"

 

 

hello dear subscribers and readers! Thank you for subscribing and loving this story <3 i know it's been months or years, I really don't remember, since I've been on that weird long hiatus, but I'm glad that you enjoy my horrible writing skills that seem to either be developing or diminishing over the past years. High school, man. Things happen. Weird things... Anyways, point aside, comments and inputs and all those lovely things are always appreciated~

Saranghae!