Chapter One

365 Days without my Guardian

 

          There he sat, on a light blue couch watching himself on TV. He had dark brown hair and thin, pale lips. Regular sized eyes and glowing skin. With a smirk finding its way to his lips he said, “I did pretty good.”
 
          “BaekHyun.” He looked up, slurping his one-minute noodles. “Ne?” “We have to go now. Finish eating in the bus.” BaekHyun nodded, putting his backpack on and grabbing his keys. He carefully held his “homemade” noodles in the inside of his elbow while holding his phone and suitcase in his hands.
 
          Before shutting the door to his house, he looked inside and smiled. “Bye, house.”
 
          BaekHyun finished his noodles and fell asleep shortly afterward, occasionally smiling from his dream and snoring softly. “Haha… no…” he mumbled. “…I do, too…” Sleep-talking, I see?
 
          BaekHyun woke up with one of his earphones in and one of them out. He paused his music and yawned. “How much longer, hyung?” His manager shrugged. “A couple hours.” BaekHyun stretched a bit and stared at the seat in front of him very blankly. His manager saw but, didn’t think much since BaekHyun’s always acted like this. Not smiling, staring off into space, being more quiet than usual, stuff like that. Sometimes, it looks like BaekHyun’s eyes are filled with tears and they’re going to explode in no time.
 
          “So,” he said, “What song are you going to start out with?” BaekHyun didn’t take his eyes off of the seat. “Since when do you care?” “I-I was just asking, you know.” BaekHyun nodded as his manager sat back up and continued reading his book.
 
          “We’re here, Baek. Let’s go.” BaekHyun took a sip of his water and got up, smoothing down his outfit. “Can you grab my camera back there?” he asked as he stepped off the bus.
 
          “Ladies and gentlemen! Introducing! The amazing… Byun BaekHyun!” The crowd cheered and cheered as BaekHyun stepped onto the stage, smiling and slowly walking closer. BaekHyun stood in the center waving and smiling as he waited for the music to start.
 
          “…Eodideun cheongugilteni.” The crowd went wild as he bowed. The host said, “Wow! Fantastic new song Into Your World by Byun BaekHyun, everybody!” BaekHyun thanked him but, in his head he mumbled, “I guess you could say it’s a new song…”
 
          “So, you did really nice out there, Baek.” BaekHyun flipped his hair and chewed his food. “Cool.” His manager awkwardly nodded his head and continued eating. “Where’s my camera?” “Oh, here.” He laid the camera on the table in front of BaekHyun. “Thanks,” he said as he took it, turning it on. “What are you doing?” “Taking a picture?” BaekHyun focused the lens on a small blue flower growing from under a crack in the sidewalk. He pressed the button and smiled a bit. “It’s really pretty.”
 
          He set down his chopsticks and picked up his camera again, turning it on. He lifted it right in front of his face and snapped a picture of the sun. Satisfied, he set it down and began eating again.
 
          BaekHyun finished his food and stood up. “Where are you going?” “The tour bus.” He put his hands in his pockets and walked away. “Aish… This kid.”
 
          BaekHyun stuffed his earphones in and walked slower, observing the sites of Korea, a side he’s never been before. His dark brown eyes shone in the warm sun and his pale skin contrasted from his dark clothing. Why he wore dark clothes in this weather, I don’t know. He hummed along to his song and smiled a little. He’s happy again.
 
          “I’m finally here after walking for a hundred hours…” He went in his bus and sat down, sighing with relief. Taking out his camera, he smiled. This was his camera. His own personal camera. He turned it on and looked at the photos he took, smiling at each one.
 
          After smiling and softly laughing to himself at the picture of the blue flower, he clicked the next button: the picture of the sun. At first, he was smiling at how professional the photo looked. Then he observed it some more and his smiled broke away. Something or someone was in the bottom right corner of the picture. Not sure of what his eyes were showing him, he zoomed into the photo until it showed him exactly what he saw.
 
          ChanYeol.
 
          “W-What?” Okay, what the Hell. ChanYeol? He was here? That day? In Korea? That close to him?! In his picture?! In his camera?! Oh, my God. ChanYeol’s here.
 
          BaekHyun let out an ear-piercing scream that practically shook the bus and all of Asia. Really, really, really, really, really over-excited, BaekHyun ran out of his bus and into the city. He wasn’t sure where he was going but, he sure was excited.
 
          “MANAGER HYUNG! MANAGER HYUNG!” he called. He looked up from his plate and made a face. “Y-You’re… smiling?” “YES! OH, MY GOD! YOU’LL NEVER BELIEVE WHO I SAW IN MY PHOTO! OH, MY GOD!” “W-Who? Who?!” “CHAN-ING-YEOL! OH, MY ING GOD. HOLY . PARK CHANYEOL WAS IN MY PHOTO! I TOOK A PICTURE OF HIM! I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT! I WAS JUST TAKING A RANDOM PICTURE OF THE SUN, REMEMBER? AND CHANYEOL JUST SHOWS UP OUT OF NO WHERE! I SCREAMED, HAHA! I SCREAMED! DID YOU HEAR ME? I WAS SCREAMING SO ING LOUD!” His manager sat there, not sure what to do or say. Who the was ChanYeol? “…What?” Realizing his manager was no use, he ran all around the city, searching for him. “CHANYEOL!”
 
          “So many emotions filled his body: happiness, joy, anger, rage, apprehensiveness, nervousness, fear, passion. He didn’t know what to do but, he sure did smile! “How is ChanYeol here?” he thought. “Already? What month is it?!” “Damn!” He stopped running and cursed at himself. Being so into this state of loneliness, he’s forgotten the date and everything. He patted his pockets for his phone and grinned at himself when he found it. Eager, he whipped out his phone and checked the date: June 9th. BaekHyun’s eyes lit up. “Wah…~ A month and nine days early?” BaekHyun’s eyes shook and his lips quivered. He was just so happy! Almost two years of waiting finally paid off!
 
          “He ran all around the crazy-crowded city in search for his ChanYeol. How he was going to find him… I don’t even know, man. “C-ChanYeol!” he called. “ChanYeol, where are you?!” He ran faster and faster; his heart was about to fall out of his chest. BaekHyun paused for a bit and he looked over the crowd, in search for a head sticking up (ChanYeol’s pretty tall you know). Searching all around him; left and right, up and down, side to side. Although his vision was starting to fail him, he could’ve sworn he saw someone’s electrocuted, brown hair bouncing in the crowd. He shook his head and looked again, squinting. “Wha- CHANYEOL!”
 
          He ran and pushed through the crowd saying, “Excuse me” or “Pardon me” or “Sorry” each time he hit someone. “ChanYeol! Park ChanYeol!” BaekHyun got closer and closer yet farther and farther. “Aish, Park ChanYeol! Turn around!” He ran faster and pushed harder through the crowd. That one electrocuted-haired guy was so close to him. “Oh, my ing God, Park ChanYeol! Turn around!”
 
          For one split second, BaekHyun’s heart skipped a beat. His eyes almost rolled to the back of his head in happiness. It was ChanYeol.
 
          He turned around…
 
          He looked absolutely perfect. Much more handsome and so beautiful. Yeah, his hair was electrocuted or some but, it looked really nice on him. His pale skin and his pink lips. It was really nice. God… He looks really good. And BaekHyun wanted to tell him that again.
 
          They locked eyes and ChanYeol smiled. “Does he… remember me?” BaekHyun thought. ChanYeol made a hand gesture saying to meet over somewhere to his left. BaekHyun nodded and ran out of the crowd.
 
          Oh, my God.
 
          This is it.
 
          ChanYeol.
 
          It’s ChanYeol again.
 
          He’s back.
 
          BaekHyun’s heart thumped against his chest. What was going to happen? What was he going to say? Oh, my God. What if ChanYeol slaps him and runs away. Or if he doesn’t even remember a thing. Or he does remember but he doesn’t love BaekHyun anymore…? No, no, no. Don’t say such things…
 
          BaekHyun ran to where ChanYeol pointed to, impatiently waiting for him, fidgeting like an idiot. After like, what? 30 freaking seconds, and ChanYeol didn’t appear, BaekHyun began to become restless. He stared at the ground and covered his face. “Oh, my God,” he said to himself. “What if he was just trolling me? And he told me to sit here and wait for him but he really isn’t coming? Ugh, this is so stupid. I bet he is trolling me and he’s probably laughing at me right now an-.” “No, I’m not trolling you, haha.” 
 
          BaekHyun immediately shut his mouth and his eyes bugged out. He opened his mouth to say something but to no avail. Only nervousness came out of his mouth. “Yo, Baek. Look at me.” BaekHyun suddenly broke into smile. “H-He… He remembers my name,” he thought. He looked up, letting go of his face, giving a bright smile. “C-ChanYeol.” “That’s me.~”
 
          The two boys stared at each other for quite a while. When ChanYeol gave an eye smile, that’s when BaekHyun let everything out. All his emotions, all his tears, all his cries… Everything. He jumped off of the bench and threw himself onto ChanYeol. BaekHyun cried into his shoulder and hugged him tightly. ChanYeol, surprised by the sudden attack, smiled and gently held him back. “Welcome back.”
 
~*~
lmfao, sorry about that really bad way to meet each other… I had absolutely no idea how to get them to meet OTL
So, riceisnice is back! Exams are almost over and time to start writing again before they take our laptops!
Hopefully this chapter was good… I’m starting to get rusty these past few weeks days.
I promise, it’ll get better throughout the story c:
Until next time, Stay Greasy.
~*~
SCRATCH THAT.
Since I feel like you all were really pumped up about the sequel and this chapter turned out utterly DISGUSTING, I am presenting Chapter Two!^^
Stay Greasy.