Chapter Five

365 Days without my Guardian

 

          “Is it me or does it smell like dying cats in here?” asked BaekHyun. ChanYeol sniffed the air and made a weird face. “It does! Oh, my God!” BaekHyun smiled and cuddled into ChanYeol’s chest. “Get the air freshener. I can’t take this stench.”
 
          ChanYeol came back from the kitchen and sprayed the air wildly, dancing and jumping and screaming. “Ah! Oh, my God!” BaekHyun coughed, “That’s enough, Yeol!” BaekHyun held his nose and breathed into a pillow. Squinting his eyes, ChanYeol yelled, “No, my Queen! That dying cat smell will come back if we don’t spray this house to death!” ChanYeol continued to spin around in circles, spraying the air rather dramatically. BaekHyun laughed, choking on more air freshener, and shouted, “Put the Lysol away! The smell is gone!” ChanYeol finally gave up and took in a deep breath. “Perfect.” Before he ran back into the kitchen to put back the air freshener, he sprayed one last, looo-ooong spray. “Park ChanYeol!”
 
          “I see you have finished with your ‘Hurt the Environment’ project. Are you hungry?” ChanYeol jokingly pouted. “First of all,” he said matter-of-factly, “It was not hurting the environment. And second, yes. Yes, my Queen. I am quite hungry.” Laughing at ChanYeol’s sudden British voice, he added, “Why, let’s go down to the local coffee shop, dear. We’ll get some tea and eat scones and eat lots of sugar cubes.” “That’s rather stereotypical, Baek.” ChanYeol said, returning to his normal voice. BaekHyun sat there, all awkward and what not. ChanYeol’s face was so straight! “Bahahahahahaha! No, I don’t care! Let’s go. I’m hungry and now I want coffee.”
 
          ChanYeol, being the pig he is, ate his chocolate cupcake like an idiot. Smashing the icing onto his lips and shoving the cake down his throat. BaekHyun eyed him as he smiled, drinking his coffee. Noticing, ChanYeol asked, “What?” with chocolate all over his mouth. BaekHyun smiled even more and said, “You have icing all over your face, Yeollie!” ChanYeol blushed and tried to wipe it off, missing each time. “Wrong side, haha.” ChanYeol handed BaekHyun a napkin but, he slapped it away. “No, no. Here.” BaekHyun stood up and kissed ChanYeol right on the lips, some of the chocolate off. He sat back down, satisfied, and said, “It’s gone.~” Blushing, ChanYeol said, “Why, thank you, BaekHyunnie!~” ChanYeol kissed BaekHyun on the lips once more and continued eating his messy, chocolate cupcake. Or what was left of it.
 
          “Are you done being a piggy, ChanYeol?” BaekHyun teased. “Haha, yes,” ChanYeol began. “Where do you wanna go now?” BaekHyun shrugged, taking another sip of his coffee. “I don’t know. Home?” ChanYeol stopped walking, BaekHyun doing the same. “Why’d you stop, Yeollie?!” ChanYeol crossed his arms and said, “I don’t wanna go home! We should go somewhere fun!” “Like where?”
 
          ChanYeol pulled BaekHyun all across Seoul. From the coffee shop, through the park, behind the theatres, through the parking lot of a library, a gas station, on the sidewalk, past a road (where they almost got ran over), and back to BaekHyun’s home. His legs aching from all that walking, he asked sternly, “ChanYeol, was that even necessary? You dragged me everywhere. Literally.” ChanYeol smiled. “Well, at least we had fun, even if we didn’t go anywhere.” “And what was fun about that?” ChanYeol held BaekHyun’s hand and said, “When you tripped over that little kid’s skateboard! And when that car almost killed us! Haha, and when we were walking from the library parking lot, we swore we heard a really creepy noise! You can’t tell me that was boring, hyung!” BaekHyun smiled unknowingly, basically admitting defeat.
 
          “Whatever, Park ChanYeol. You win this round. Only this round, keke.”
 
          ChanYeol kissed BaekHyun on the lips, wrapping his hands around his thin body.
 
          “And what was that for?” asked BaekHyun, grinning from ear-to-ear.
 
          “Nothing.~ You look so cute today with your eyeliner and your skinny jeans and your way too low shirt.” ChanYeol stared into his eyes for a moment and smiled. “I love you anyway.”
 
~*~
 
          “What are we eating for dinner this time?” called ChanYeol. “I don’t know. More one-minute noodles?” ChanYeol walked into the kitchen and hugged BaekHyun from behind. “Hmm. Sounds like a $100 meal!” BaekHyun laughed and said, “I guess… If by ‘$100’ you mean ’50 cents’ then, sure!” 
 
          “How do you eat noodles everyday? Don’t you ever get tired of the same flavor, the same brand, the same taste, the same everything?” 
 
          “No, because I’m a true Asian.”
 
          “Wha-! Are you saying I’m not Asian? Keke…”
 
          “Look at your eyes! Their so big! And your voice is just so deep!”
 
          “That doesn’t mean a thing! You know that one guy who works at the café? Uhh, what’s his name… KyungSoo! His eyes are huge and he’s pretty Asian…!”
 
          “Whatever, Your Majesty. You’re very Asian, then, keke… Besides, I taste some other stuff, too! Not just every day noodles.”
 
          “Oh, really now? Like what?”
 
          BaekHyun gave ChanYeol an I’m-totally-not-a- face and said, “Keke… I taste you every now and then.~”
 
          ChanYeol being ChanYeol began bursting out laughing again, clapping and shouting and jumping and screaming. Again, the Happy Virus got to BaekHyun and he began laughing as he put the two bowls of noodles into the microwave. “Haha, you’re so silly, King ChanYeol.”
 
          “Eat up, it’ll get cold, babo.” “I prefer yeobo.” “Nah, babo’s good.” ChanYeol made a face as he slurped up his noodles. “Mianhae, babo. But, babo just fits you.” ChanYeol’s pout face turned into a smile as he mumbled, “Yesh, but we arr yeoboezh!” “Chew your food! See? You’re a babo! Keke…” ChanYeol swallowed his food and said, “Yes, but we are yeobos!” “Yeah, yeah, yeah, just keep eating your noodles… Yeobo.”
 
~*~
 
          “BaekHyun! Time for beee-eee-eeed!~” BaekHyun spit out his toothpaste and wiped his mouth. “I’m coming!~”
 
          Running out of the bathroom, he jumped onto the bed, earning a hearty laughter from his “King”. “BaekHyun-ah.~ Why so giggly tonight?” BaekHyun slipped under the blanket and laughed. “I don’t know. I guess I’m just happy to be with you.”
 
          ChanYeol, already under the blanket, pulled BaekHyun towards himself, staring directly at him. “Hey. I think I know why I’m still alive.” “Why?” “Because I have you.” BaekHyun’s cheeks flushed although it didn’t show in the dark. “I love you, ChanYeol-ah!” “I love you, too.”
 
          ChanYeol held BaekHyun tightly with his long, thin arms. BaekHyun, not minding the slight pain, held him also, laying his head under the taller boy’s chin. “Good night, King ChanYeol.” “Good night.~”
 
~*~
 
          “BAEKHYUN-AH, WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!” ChanYeol shook BaekHyun rather crazily and yelled at the top of his lungs. “Huh?! W-What? What happened?!” “Good morning, beautiful. Keke…” BaekHyun made a face. “You woke me up to say good morning?” 
 
          ChanYeol laughed, shaking his head. “No, no, no. I want to show you something! Hurry! Hurry and get up!” 
 
          BaekHyun glanced at the clock. “Yah, Park ChanYeol! It’s, like, 6 in the damn morning!” 
 
          “Yes! And I want to show you something!”
 
          “At 6 in the morning?”
 
          “Yes. At 6 in the morning. So, get up! Before it goes away!”
 
          “Nah, I’m tire-. Yah! ChanYeol!” ChanYeol threw all the pillows on the bed at BaekHyun’s face. “Y-Yah! Stop it!”
 
          “Get up then! It’s going to go away!”
 
~*~
 
          ChanYeol pulled BaekHyun out of the house. “Where are we goi-.Wahh!” ChanYeol pulled BaekHyun mid-sentence. They ran all the way to a quiet hill with a perfect view of the sky. “Whoa… What is this?” “Shh… C’mon!”
 
          They sat down on the top of the hill, looking at the somewhat dark sky. Curious, BaekHyun asked, “Are we-.” “-Watching the sunrise, yep.” BaekHyun looked over at ChanYeol’s face. His lips were parted and pink and his eyes were focused at the sky. “H-Hey, look.”
 
          BaekHyun looked at the sky. There were beautiful pink, orange, yellow colors. “Wah!~ Isn’t it so pretty, Baekie!” The top of the sun peeked through the skyline and gradually grew bigger until most of the sun was out.
 
          “Aigoo, that was so pretty!” BaekHyun smiled at his boyfriend’s happiness. His smile was perfect. And his laughter was amazing. His eyes were big, yeah. But, they looked pretty attractive if you ask BaekHyun.
 
          As ChanYeol tilted his head up to look at the sun, BaekHyun observed him more. Why was he so perfect? He’s just an Angel, huh? One perfect Angel.
 
          “I love you, ChanYeol.” ChanYeol looked at him, surprised at the random sentence. Giggling, he whispered, “I love you, too, Queen BaekHyun.”
 
          So, yep. There they were. Two guys laying on the grass, cuddling, and watching the sun. Who cares if it was 6 in the morning. Who cares if they’re gay. Who cares if one of them is tall as and the other is rather short. They’re perfect for each other. And nothing can change that. They are eternally in love, right? Right.
 
~*~
Hello, beautiful readers! How are you? :3
I woke up to some coffee and a cupcake so, I’m in a good mood, keke…
Yep, riceisnice is a coffee drinker ;D
So, this chapter was sorta random… I don’t understand myself sometimes.
But, next chapter will hopefully be up by tomorrow/next day.
Whoo-hoo-hoo!~
 Just got told that my school will be collecting our laptops on 120607!~
I know, I know. Only a day more than what I told you… Which is tomorrow ;; da fuq.
And also, @fluffcloud– the scary face I was talking about in “Insidious” was the one where the dad looked up at the window and the demon was all up on the window… omg. I’m so scared right now OTL
Also, I’d like to give a shout-out to a few readers :3
fluffcloud
fallenpetal
joker980501
shiningjewelify
riceisnice
; A ; You four comment the most and it makes me so happy :DD
But, I love all who commented, too!^^ Keep commenting and you’ll make it up here in the “A/N” keke…
Stay Greasy.
~*~