Lunch Time & the Queenka

Building my Boyfriend

     "And now class, that is why hydrogen and ox-" the teacher began to conclude.

I looked to my right and, sure enough, Key was sitting straight and listening intently to the teacher just as he had for the previous teachers.

The school bell finally rang and many students quickly got up from their seats and left the room. I looked at Key.

"Kibum!" I called out. 

He was still sitting there, staring at the board.

"KEY!" I said once more.

No reply. Instead, he walked up to the teacher. What could he possibly want to tell THIS teacher? A couple of chuckles later, Key came back to me with a smile and took my hand to me to our next class.

"Actually, it's lunch time!" I told him.

"Lunch?" He asked me.

"Yeah, let's go~" I chirped happily.

He nodded and grinned as we entered the cafeteria. I showed him how to order his lunch, stay in line, the usual. He seemed eager and made a beeline for the kimchi, as he had loved it last night. I giggled and got what I wanted and lead him to my table. Seniors like me get a coveted spot to sit, you see, our cafeteria is specifically arranged. You walk in from Hallway M and there are rows and rows of tables with seats/benches built in. There are 2 columns as well, splitting to make a walk-able entrance for the older grades. The very front is for the freshmen and the rows go on until you reach the juniors. After that, the end of the cafeteria completely changes shape to an octagon, the back walls looking out to the beautiful Seoul scenery. My table is the second to the very back, just behind the queenkas and kingkas. Last year, my friends and I had to get in good with the graduating queenkas to earn our table. 

When Key and I got there, my friends had already began to eat.

"You guys, you have to see Ye Rim's cousin!" Jihye squealed excitedly, waving to Key.

"Hi, I'm Key!" he smiled at everybody else.

"Oh my goodness, hi! My name is Heeyun!" my other friend grinned.

"Hi, do you like kimchi?" he asked her.

"Haha, Ye Rim, your cousin is so cute!" Heeyun giggled.

"HEY! Be quiet, I don't know why you guys si-"

I turned my head. Ohhhh crap. Min Jee, the snobbiest queenka of our whole school, had just noticed us. She walked over to our table and sat herself down next to Key.

"Hi there, I'm Min Jee!" she giggled (obnoxiously) and looking into Key's eyes.

"Hi." Key said to her.

"How old are you?" she asked cheerfully (ew).

"18." he replied with a blank expression.

Thank goodness, he's doing it right.

"Opppa-a!~ Why are you treating me like this when you were laughing with these losers?!" she began to shriek.

Jihye and I snickered.

"They aren't losers. These are my friends, you're the loser." Key said, a hint of anger in his voice.

"Wh-What?! You dare say that to me?!" Min Jee screamed.

All eyes were on our table.

"Yeah, now leave our table." Key commanded.

Min Jee twitched and stormed away.

"Aww, Key, we love you!" I said, hugging him tightly as the rest of my friends joined in.

"L-Love?" he asked.