The Pieces

Building my Boyfriend

I took a good look at the box before finally peering inside. What was there? I saw a textbook on human anatomy and groaned.

"Aish, grandpa, you really were a nutcase." I thought out loud.

For all I know, he could be in this very room. I decided to keep calm and turn to the first page of the text book. A piece of paper fell out into my lap and I picked it up to see a sketch of a boy. This must be the robot. I thought. There was a thin piece of cardboard separating the box. Cautiously, I lifted it up. Oh my goodness, this is crazy. I thought once more. There were tons of body pieces, which was a little too creepy for me. Arms, legs, you name it.

"Ye Rim? I'm home!" my dad called out.

Oh crap. I scrambled around the room to pick up all the contents of the box and put them back inside, quickly shoving the cardboard box under my bed just as the door clicked and my dad walked in.

"Hi dad." I smiled nonchalantly.

"Did you finish your homework?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Actually, I was just getting started." I grinned before he gave an approving nod and left.

That was close. I took out the box again and closed my bedroom door shut. My eyes averted to my lime green wall clock, it was 4:30PM. I better get started. I dug around the box to find Kibum's head. When my fingers felt a tuft of artificial hair, I swiftly grabbed the hair to see a very handsome head. This is so awkward. I repeatedly thought while assembling Kibum. When I finally got to the last piece, which was his left leg, I found yet another hologram of my grandpa. How did I turn it on? I flipped it over looking for a button, but I eventually threw it on the ground again.

"Ye Rim, thank you for building Kibum for me. To activate him, you must surprise him with a kiss upon his lips. Now, you must not let him near water. He does blink, but slowly. I have pre-programmed feelings, but they are going to develop over time like any real boy. The rest, well, you will have to find out." he spoke quietly.

"Okay, Kibum. You have the honor of being my first real kiss." I said to the robot.

I took a deep breath, ready for what I was about to experience, and planted a kiss on his lips.