he confessed

Love isn't just a game.

 

So the six of them went to a restaurant with a karaoke, and a dance floor or more like a party themed eatery. Sungmin actually can’t afford stuffs like that but Kyuhyun pulled them all to that place and much to Sungmin’s annoyance, Kyuhyun placed everything to as his bill, he will be the one to pay, even though Sungmin persists that she will pay just like what Kyuhyun said earlier, but Kyuhyun didn’t let her.

 

Of course, what is a gentleman, if he can’t even treat the person he likes to dinner? Right?

 

Both Kyuhyun and Donghae sat next to Sungmin, and Ryeowook sat next to Kyuhyun and Yesung sat next to Ryeowook. They were sitting in a Japanese style table that is why they are sitting on the floor.

 

Eunhyuk sat next to Donghae, but she requested to Donghae if she can switch seats with her since she wants to sit next to her cousin she missed so much, and even though Donghae doesn’t want to, because he also wants to sit next beside Sungmin, he needs to, so being a gentleman he is, he let Eunhyuk switched seats with him, earning him a smirk from Kyuhyun, who is like teasing him.

 

It’s like a feast for only  six people. There are so many foods, Western, Japanese, Korean style, You can choose from, there are even desserts, it is really like a party. It’s like you won’t be able to eat anything anymore after this because there are a lot of foods.

 

All of them dig in, Eunhyuk and Sungmin were talking and chitchatting about their busy daily life schedules, while Kyuhyun and Donghae keeps on teasing each other from across each other, but most of the teasing came from Kyuhyun, he was whispering to Donghae of how much closeness both Donghae and Eunhyuk are sharing, or like Kyuhyun sits beside Sungmin while Donghae sits beside Eunhyuk, making him a couple with Eunhyuk rather than Sungmin. Donghae was just glaring at Kyuhyun. He can't do anything but just to glare, of course.

 

Kyuhyun finally stopped the teasing when he felt a tap on his shoulder, he looked at the source of the touch, it was Ryeowook.

 

“what is it?” he asked her, now putting some fried noodles in his mouth.

 

“So you have thought about it and started to get along with her again?” she asked him.

 

Kyuhyun hummed in response.

 

“then I’m happy” Ryeowook answered “I won’t be against you two anymore, I won’t oppose to you anymore, if you make Sungminnie happy then I accept you.”

 

Kyuhyun just looked at Ryeowook confused and Ryeowook pointed at Sungmin, “look, she’s happy.”

 

“these last few days, she is down as ever, she’s not as jolly as she is right now and I know you are the reason, because you keep on ignoring her before, you may not notice it but you also affect Sungmin, because she cares for you as well”

 

Kyuhyun felt a blush ran towards his head and chocked in his food.

 

The others look at him, because he was chocking, Sungmin handed him a water.

 

“are you okay?” she asked him and Kyuhyun just nodded.

 

Then Sungmin returned in talking to Eunhyuk while Kyuhyun just glare at Ryeowook and Ryeowook just held her hand in the air in innocence “sorry”

 

“You shouldn’t say stuffs like that when I am eating” Kyuhyun whispered to her.

 

“I was just telling the truth” Ryeowook defended “if you just saw how she looked like when you were preparing breakfast the other day, she was really happy”

 

“and you too as well” Ryeowook followed up “You were also happy when you were with her”

 

Kyuhyun blushed again. “shut up” he whispered silently.

 

“I don’t know if Sungmin likes you romantically the same way she does five years ago” she smiled “but I know you are important to her as a friend because you affects her the same way everyone in this room does”

 

Kyuhyun frowned thinking that he is just the same level as to everyone in this room is, to Sungmin. So he isn’t special to her or anything, Aish, no need to rub that to his face, right? Well, at least he is not an enemy anymore, he is now considered a friend now. At least, he should be a little bit grateful.

 

“and maybe if you try your best and do what is best” she patted Kyuhyun’s back “You may be able to gain her trust again, and heal her broken heart from the past.”

 

“Because Sungmin believes in second chances” Ryeowook smiled at Kyuhyun again “and everyone deserves second chances, even you, that’s why I won’t judge you anymore.”

 

“so can we be friends now?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled back to Ryeowook as well, just like what he thought, Ryeowook is the same as Donghae and Sungmin, she isn’t part of the pretend party, she doesn’t pretend, she doesn’t wear a mask, she is truthful to him, and he is happy that Sungmin’s best friend is this kind of a person.

 

“yeah, we can be friends” then he bit Ryeowook’s nose making the girl shrieked and back away

 

All of them looking at Kyuhyun and Ryeowook.

 

“what was that for?”

 

“that’s for calling me an for many times,” Kyuhyun grinned “now we are even”

 

Ryeowook held her nose and just giggled, Yesung frowned with the sudden closeness.

 

Yesung held Ryeowook in the arms “hey, find your own girl” he said to Kyuhyun frowning “this girl is already taken”

 

Ryeowook blushed and giggle by the sudden possessiveness of her cute boyfriend.

 

“eww No” Kyuhyun said in disgust “Not in a million years, you can have her , all of her, much to my delight”

 

Ryeowook smack Kyuhyun’s arms “Don’t start it!” then she turned to Yesung, “hey, I remember this, remember the mysterious guy who sang with us?” she said in delight and Yesung just nods, Ryeowook pulled Kyuhyun’s arm “He was that Mysterious guy” pointing at Kyuhyun.

 

“oh?” Yesung asked “You owned that very soothing voice?”

 

“With a face like that, I can’t even believe it” yesung said and Kyuhyun glare at the guy.

 

“seems like you and your boyfriend share more than relationship status” he retorded to Ryeowook. “Your attitudes are also in sync”

 

“well then let’s have Kyuhyunnie sing for us” Donghae announced suddenly “Let’s have a hand for him”

 

All of them cheer for Kyuhyun to do what Donghae say, and Kyuhyun can’t do anything but to glare at Donghae, it was now Donghae’s turn to tease and annoy him.

 

“it’s payback for before” he mouthed to Kyuhyun then cheered for him to sing.

 

“But I don’t want to sing” he complained.

 

Sungmin stare at him, everyone does, hoping that he will sing, he will do as what was requested to him.

 

Both Donghae and Ryeowook are teasing him with “Do it for Sungmin” , making him blush, it’s a good thing it’s just mouthing and whispers so Sungmin doesn’t know anything about it.

 

Moments later, he finally obliged “fine, I will sing”

 

Kyuhyun went towards the front of the karaoke. The tune started, this song is somehow familiar to him. Then he remembered it, It was Long Time No see. So he started singing it, the people in the room just listened to him, absorbing every words, every lyrics, everything even Kyuhyun’s soothing voice.

 

Once Kyuhyun finished Singing, every one clapped for him, as in every one.

 

Then suddenly they heard the song Sorry Sorry started playing, it’s a party like song, so both Yesung and Ryeowook stands up and sang, while Donghae and  Eunhyuk, got along well when it comes to dancing, they partied to the max. Sungmin was sitting on her chair watching everyone, Kyuhyun on the other hand was being invited by Ryeowook to sing with them too, but Kyuhyun rejected it, he was about to head outside so he can have a sip of cigarette and think so he did.

 

Once he was outside, he went to the place’s garden, it was full of lights, no people are there right now, maybe because the place is a high classed restaurant, and there are not much of a customers, or maybe they are the only customers there, so when he arrived at the garden, he was just the only one there, he took one cigarette stick and was about to light it when someone took it from his mouth.

 

He was about to complain because every time he will take one cigarette stick to his mouth, someone would take it away and complain, if it weren’t Sungmin, it’ll be Donghae.  

 

He turned around and was shocked to see Sungmin, holding the cigarette stick.

 

“I told you no more smoking” she said with a frown, waving the stick in her hand “It’s really bad for your health”

 

“and I told you I am perfectly healthy enough for it” Kyuhyun tried his best to take the stick away from Sungmin’s hands, when he was about to reach it, Sungmin held his hand and put it at his back making him growl in annoyance and pain. “Ow, that hurts! Min”

 

Sungmin smiled hearing her nickname came from those mouth.

 

“Nope, you are only seventeen, so you are not healthy enough for smoking” she said to him still holding Kyuhyun’s arms behind him.

 

“let go of me” he commanded “or you’ll regret it, I promise you.” He said but a hint of a tease in the tone of his voice.

 

“and how can you do that?” Sungmin retorded “I am a black belter martial artist and you’re just a normal computer addict player?”

 

Kyuhyun then turned around suddenly making him facing Sungmin’s face, but still Sungmin’s hand holding his.

 

“I am a guy and you’re just a girl” he whispered, his face only an inch away from Sungmin “Don’t underestimate me and give me back that” he reached for the cigarette stick again in Sungmin’s hands, Sungmin groan but then she handed it to Kyuhyun in defeat and Kyuhyun take it and put it in his mouth.

 

“Why are you smoking anyway?” she asked frowning “It doesn’t taste good or anything so why do you enjoy using it? Cost of money because you are rich?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin “You tasted a cigarette before?”

 

Sungmin nods her head, her face suddenly becoming red.

 

“I didn’t know you used to smoke” Kyuhyun commented , taking the stick off of his mouth , it is still not litted, he just put it in his hand, minding to never smoke in front of anyone especially Sungmin, “when did you do it? When you were in Japan?”

 

Sungmin shook her head “I never said I tried smoking” she said softly. Kyuhyun raised one of his eyebrow confused.

 

“I tasted in when I was kissing someone” she admits honestly, her cheeks pink in embarrassment.

 

“it was when I had a fever, someone took care of me and then we kissed” she said stuttering “I tasted cigarette in his mouth and it tastes awful”

 

 Kyuhyun felt redness spreading in his face as well, it was him Sungmin was referring to, so the latter tasted cigarette in his mouth, and she said that it taste awful, so does that mean that Sungmin thinks that his kisses are awful too? Well, they only kissed three times,actually four times,  the first time, he’s not even smoking at that time yet, the second one is a secret, he took a kiss from Sungmin when she was unconscious, and the other two is when he is already smoking, Does Sungmin thinks that all of those kisses were awful too.?

 

“so you are saying that your kisses with him are awful too?” Kyuhyun asked Sungmin, hinting a slight worriness in his voice, but tried his best to not sound too concern.

 

“I never said that I had more than one kiss to him” Sungmin raised an eyebrow to Kyuhyun and the latter gulp ‘oh right.’

 

“well…” he said stuttering “just a hint or a guess, I think”

 

Sungmin just sighed “well, I wouldn’t say that I hate it” then she chuckled “it was nice, it was sweet, I just didn’t like the taste of the cigarette mixed with the sweetness, it just ruined the mood.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed in his mind, thanking god for giving him a positive response and maybe a nice experience mouth that have satisfied kissing Sungmin, (he thinks)

 

A long silence surrounds the atmosphere, both of them, just admiring the beauty of the garden, it is romantic in the eyes of many people but Kyuhyun and Sungmin didn’t care, just looking at the place is entertaining enough, Kyuhyun slightly took gazes to Sungmin from time to time, smiling to himself when he noticed Sungmin smiling at the sight.

 

“well” Kyuhyun started again, breaking the silence “If I don’t know, this just came to my mind since we were talking about your kissing experience to your mystery man, what if you will have a boyfriend and he smokes, would you still kiss him?” he asked , ignoring the stare he got from Sungmin and focusing his attention to the garden again.

 

“first, he is not my mystery man” Sungmin deepened when she said the word ‘my’ then looked at the direction Kyuhyun was looking at “and Second, just like you I have no time for that, for romantic stuffs, but if ever I really will do have a boyfriend, well, I guess I won’t kiss him if he smokes.”

 

Kyuhyun felt his face being down, hearing that. Not that he was expecting that he would have a chance with Sungmin, but he felt sad hearing that.

 

“I mean, I have waited and restrained myself from kissing, or anything for a long time, then he should be too” Sungmin sighed “It is not like we are going to die when we don’t kiss right?”

 

Silence arose again.

 

“Why are we talking about this kind of thing anyway?” Sungmin then chuckled “I am not used to talking with you with stuffs like this.”

 

Kyuhyun turned to face Sungmin as well, he chuckled softly “why is it bad talking to me about these kind of stuffs?”  

 

Sungmin nods “of course” shen then grinned at Kyuhyun “you are Cho Kyuhyun, my worst enemy.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled again, he didn’t say anything anymore.

 

“Hey” Sungmin called him and he looked at the latter, his face with an expression like saying for Sungmin to continue what she was about to say.

 

“Why were you grumpy for the past few days? And then changed suddenly? What happened?” she asked straight forwardly, somehow that stuff is already bothering her for quite a long time now, maybe ever since Kyuhyun became a nice and warm guy again to her after the cold war they had. "Mind telling me about it now? you even ignored me for a long time, you're such a jerk"

 

“I wasn’t grumpy you know” Kyuhyun corrected “I was just thinking, many stuff coming to my mind”

 

He glared at Sungmin when he heard her say ‘thinking, you’re more like in your PMS mode’ then he continued “of course, there are stuffs going on in my mind too, so somehow I need some time to think for myself, Did I offend you so much?”

 

Sungmin shook her head,  then stare at Kyuhyun smiling “then what made you change that? You suddenly became fluffy and kind again? Finally solved your problems?”

 

Kyuhyun hummed in response and avoid Sungmin’s gaze again, he just looks at the beautiful pond at the end of the place they were standing at “yeah I did”

 

“I finally realized what’s wrong and what to do.”

 

Sungmin didn’t speak again, she was just waiting for Kyuhyun to continue, and so he did.

 

“I finally realized my feelings” he sighed “after denying it for too long, and I am happy that I finally realize it.”

 

Somehow inside Sungmin, she felt her heart beats faster and faster than usual, it really wasn’t a usual thing for her to have a heart to heart conversation with Kyuhyun, it only makes her nervous.

 

“You realized your feelings?” she asked stuttering.

 

Kyuhyun hummed again in confirmation, then he turned to Sungmin, looked at her, stare at her, studied her every features, he then smile, a gently smile, a honest smile and the purest smile he have ever give to anyone.

 

 

He inhaled deeply.

 

 

and it felt like eternity have passed before he could speak again.

 

 

 

“I like you Lee Sungmin”

 

 

 

---

 

How is your reaction to Kyuhyun's confession? tell me, tell me. ;)) Fluffy Kyuhyun is fluffy. *hugs*