Real feelings of Cho Kyuhyun

Love isn't just a game.

 

 

Kyuhyun went towards the changing room and was shocked to see a Ryeowook staring at him observingly.

 

Kyuhyun looked at her frowning “what’s your problem?”

 

“so you were the guy who sang with us upfront the stage” she said not more like a question “You did it for Sungminnie right?”

 

“So what if it was me who sang upfront with you?” he said honestly, there’s no point hiding it anyway “and I didn’t do it for that bunny rabbit, idiot”

 

Ryeowook just raised her eyebrow “oh really? They what’s with the sudden intimacy after performance?” she straightforwardly asked.

 

“I saw you hugging her at the backstage, hugging her so much like your life is on the line if you let go of her.” She sighed “now tell me honestly, you like her right? There’s no point in hiding it anymore, it's very obvious”

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about” Kyuhyun shrugged, taking off his mask from his face and rubbing the make up off of his face.

 

“You know what, I know I was harsh and hard on you for the past years because of what you’ve done to Minnie but” Ryeowook’s face soften “You can trust me, okay? Especially when it comes to her, because she is my bestfriend and I don't like her seeing sad and miserable”

 

Kyuhyun just turned his head away from Ryeowook’s gaze but Ryeowook held Kyuhyun’s cheeks to face her.

 

“Please, stop being hot headed and being a stubborn cold-hearted jerk” Ryeowook frowned “Why do you keep on denying your feelings  for her when it is obvious that you love her,  Isn’t it hard for you?”

 

“Look” Ryeowook kept as calm as ever “Right after I saw your performance and the intimacy you had with Sungmin few minutes ago, I finally understands that you like her, and that you cherish her. Sungminnie may be oblivious about it because of her innocent attitude, but we people around her, notice it, and you do too right, that Sungmin cares for you just like the same way she does to the rest of us, and  The only reason I hated you is because I thought you’d hurt her, again but I was wrong,”

 

Kyuhyun smack Ryeowook’s hands away from his face “Don’t act as if you know me, talkative girl”

 

“and don’t tell me what to do or what a person should do to that bunny girl,  I've got nothing to do with it, tell it to Donghae” he shrugged “He is the one who should hear those love whatever for that bunny girl because I’ve got nothing to do with it”

 

Ryeowook sighed and walked towards the door but stopped there to turned around to Kyuhyun.

 

“I hope you won’t commit the same mistakes you have done before, she was once yours and you let her go, don’t let it happen again or you may regret it your whole life once it’s gone permanently

 

“because you’d never know what you have until you lose it,” ryeowook followed and then walked out of the room.

 

After like an eternity of thinking, Kyuhyun heard a knock from the door, he didn’t respond but he heard the door opening.

 

“hey! Congrats for your performance” Donghae greeted him smacking his arm lightly “I never knew you were really such a good singer Kyuhyun, Sungmin was right, you should join the Music Club, your voice is awesome.”

 

Kyuhyun remained at his chair, not looking at Donghae, wiping some stupid substance away from his face, and messing up his hair.

 

"You're really grumpy these fast few days, I thought making you perform today will lighten up your mood but I guess I was wrong" Donghae deadpant while Kyuhyun just ignore him and was about to took a cigarette stick from his cigarette case when someone took it off of his hand.

 

 

“You know that Sungmin hates it when you smoke” Donghae said holding the stick in his hand. Kyuhyun tried his best to take it from Donghae’s hand.

 

“I really don’t care what she hates or not” he said finally being able to take the stick from Donghae’s hand. "Why the hell of you people keep on pestering me about that stupid girl? I really don't have anything to do about her. God, why won't you freakin people stop already"

 

Donghae frowned at the attitude Kyuhyun was showing him.

 

"Because we all know that what you are showing is the opposite to what you are feeling" Donghae answered back to him still frowning "Us many people against one person by which is you, shows that we are right,  that only  means that we most people, observes and came up that you don't feel what you are saying right now, even if you deny it, we know you like Sungmin-ssi even if you keep on pushing her away."

 

“Is that really how you show your affection towards her?” Donghae asked him straight-forwardly “how can you say that you like a person when you can’t even be responsible for it and fight it?”

 

“I never said I like anyone” Kyuhyun shrugged, inhaling the stick “and I never said that I m fighting for anyone's affection.”

 

Donghae was about to say something when Kyuhyun continued stopping him from talking.

 

“And what are you complaining about?” Kyuhyun retorded sarcastically and stare at Donghae “You have her now, she is yours, so what are you complaining? what are you babbling about? Shouldn’t you be partying that you have the girl you like? That she chose you? You should be happy and stop from rubbing that fact to my face”

 

“What are you talking about?” Donghae frowned in confusion “and why are you acting this way? You’ve been like that for so long now. So cold and rude towards Sungmin”

 

Kyuhyun just ignore Donghae and Donghae being irritated by the immature act of Kyuhyun, held Kyuhyun’s shirt up (despite the fact that Kyuhyun is taller than him)

 

“hey look at me when I am talking to you” Donghae commanded “Why are you like that? You don’t know you are hurting Sungmin by these immature acts you are doing. She is hurt and she is sad, despite the fact that it wasn't even her fault in the first place, it's yours because you are acting like a childish immature brat!”

 

Kyuhyun turned his gaze away from Donghae.

 

“Why are you being like that? Kyuhyun?” Donghae’ss face soften “Why are you acting like that when I know deep down you're not like that, I know you for so long now and even if Sungmin isn't the type of girl you would like, you won't react like that towards anyone, so why? why are you doing this?”

 

“If you are acting like that and hurting Sungmin” Donghae frowned again “then you are far more worst than the guy who hurt Sungmin years ago, because at least him, he straightforwardly hurt Sungmin, unlike what you are doing right now, making her look like a fool and not showing her what she deserves to be treated”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled when he heard that from donghae, he chuckled hearing from his bestfriend that he is worst than someone who by retorically speaking is himself, he is worse than the guy he was before.

 

“Why are you chuckling?” Donghae asked with a frown.

 

“You don’t know who that person was and yet you compare me to him?” Kyuhyun smirked looking at Donghae. “well, good news Donghae-hyung, that guy was me, the guy who hurt Sungmin 5 years ago, was actually me, So I am worst than myself.”

 

Donghae opened his mouth in shock, shocked by the sudden revelation.

 

“Y…You w…were” Donghae said stuttering, and Kyuhyun smirked “Yes, you understand me”

 

“I was the one who hurt Sungmin years ago. I was her first love, her first kiss and her first heartache.”

 

“How could you?” Donghae still shocked asked him, he can’t believe that Kyuhyun was the reason why Sungmin spend the rest of her teenage years not believing in love , Kyuhyun was the one who have hurted her to the point that Sungmin left the country. He can’t believe Kyuhyun could do such a thing like that. “How could you hurt Sungmin like that?”

 

“Tsk” Kyuhyun shrugged “Now you are asking me why I hurt her?”

 

"and why I am ignoring her this time."

 

"If you were me, you'd also do this thing right after what I did from the past"

 

Donghae could only look at Kyuhyun in confusion, his mouth was just open and could only let out some restrain sounds, he can't say anything.

 

Kyuhyun then smirked again, “well then let me tell you how I did it five years ago.”

he told the whole story to Donghae, he is his bestfriend, he trust him, he never have crossed the line of trust, not to anyone, not to Sungmin either, he have never opened to anyone, as in not to anyone, Never in his life,  he have never tell people his feelings, his thoughts, his life, but now, he was about to cross it and tell everything to Donghae, because he knows Donghae deserves to know the truth, he finally accepted Donghae as his real bestfriend.

 

He said the story of meeting Sungmin, rejecting her, hurting her, and his reason why. He clenched his fist sooner as the story progressed.

 

Just like what he believed he was used by many people, all of them wearing masks, pretending, and he was fine with all of the facade, he got used to it and accepted that he was part of a play, so keeping a poker face in the masquerade would just be fine, even if he could never rely on anyone other than himself and his mom, that's still fine to him. He's the master of games ofcourse so playing with people with this game would be just a piece of cake, everything goes how he understood it, until one day, he met Lee Sungmin who has the most sweetest pure and pristine smile, The girl who never forgets to smile and to trust people with. Even if she wasn't that much of a perfect girl, she was still smiling and  He was jealous of that innocent smile in her face despite the fact that he is way richer and better than her in all aspect. She was just a nerd yet she smiles like everything is okay, that everything is fine.

 

Kyuhyun tried his best to erase that smile, sooner or later, Sungmin just got used to it. The arguments, the teasings, everything.

But one day he played a prank on her, but that prank turned out to be quite way too far, he hurt Sungmin quite too much.

 

He embarrassed her to the whole school, made her cry in front of everyone and made her leave the country.

 

Kyuhyun felt like something is missing him, when the girl left without saying anything

.

At first he thought that he was just missing teasing Sungmin, missing the person he can let out all of his frustration but sooner or later, he felt that his life was a mess when Sungmin left him.

 

Just when he thought that, that girl would leave him for good, and got used to it, believing that Sungmin was also part of the game he was having in his life,  she returned.

 

She returned differently.

 

She isn’t a nerd anymore, she wasn’t a weakling anymore, she learned to style, to fight and to stand out.

 

He thought she returned to take revenge on him, but he was wrong, she was still as innocent as ever, she was still sweet and kind. She didn't take any opportunity to hurt Kyuhyun even if she has always the chance to do so,  And that made him fall for her more.

 

That’s when he realized that all this time, he was just afraid to express his feelings and adorations to the girl.

 

And this time, even if he wants to tell Sungmin how much he loves her now, it would be pointless because in the first part, he was the one who made the word Love to Sungmin, meaningless. If he didn't hurt Sungmin, it wouldn't be this hard to tell her what he feels.

Now it is late, very late.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t notice it but tears fell from his eyes as he was telling his story.

 

Donghae looked at Kyuhyun, he knows the guy was in agony, he knows he was hurt and that he regret what he have done before.

 

Because if he wasn’t then why is he crying right? Being Kyuhyun’s bestfriend for so long, Kyuhyun isn’t the type of person to cry especially in front of people. Even he never have seen Kyuhyun being sad or crying therefore, he knows that Kyuhyun is sad and depressed, he is affected by everything he have said and that he regret it.

 

Donghae patted Kyuhyun’s back."It's okay."

 

“You know, you can never erase the past, because it already happened and no matter what you do, it will just remain as to what it is” he started “But if you keep it haunt you forever like this, how can you make those wrong decisions you’ve done before, turned into right ones, right?”

 

“and maybe the reason you met Sungminnie again is to make everything with her right, this maybe your second chance to start anew,” Donghae sighed “you have learned your mistakes, you have learned your bad decisions, this is the chance for you to do what you learned and for you to make the proper decisions”

 

Donghae made Kyuhyun turned to him “And this time, please make the proper decision, because you are now given the second chance and don’t throw it away, because this maybe your only chance to make everything right and don’t make the same mistakes you’ve done before”

 

Donghae held Kyuhyun’s hand and made it touched his chest “Listen to what your heart is saying, because when your mind is in catastrophe, this can only make the right decisions, do what you know is right, listen to your heart,”

 

“Fight for her” Donghae smiled to Kyuhyun “Give yourself the chance to move on from your bad experience, and open up yourself to her.,You’ll never know until you try, right?, you won’t lose anything if you let yourself love that girl.”

 

"Sungmin is sweet and isn't hard to fall for, maybe that's why I did as well, and I know she will accept you again, maybe not as a lover but she will still accept you even as a friend, show her that you regret what you did and you're willing to take this chance for her"

 

“How about you?” Kyuhyun asked stattering in his tears “You like her right? I don’t want to get in the way with you two, you’re in a relationship.”

 

Donghae fell his mouth in shock “We are not in a relationship, if we do, I’d be the happiest guy in the world, but much to my dismay,we are not, where did you got that from?”

 

“It’s already spread in a rumor” Kyuhyun shrugged feeling a little embarrassed “and the way you two get along together, proves that it is right.”

 

“Is that why you’ve been grumpy these past few days?” Donghae asked teasingly “It’s not true, If something like that happened, You’d be the first person I will tell it to because you’re my bestfriend”

 

Kyuhyun just sighed annoyed, how the hell can he believe that Sungmin and Donghae were dating?

 

Donghae pinched Kyuhyun’s cheeks “Sungmin and I were just pretending so that those fangirls would stop following and irritating me,” he then chuckled “so there is nothing you should be jealous about, Sungmin is still single, okay?”

 

Kyuhyun just glare at Donghae and the latter just chuckled again, he reached his hand to Kyuhyun “So may the best man wins?”

 

Kyuhyun glare at him again, switch his sight from Donghae’s hands to his face then smirk and reached the hand “Sure, may the best man wins”

 

Donghae ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair “so the famous smirk is back, I'm glad to see it again.”

 

Kyuhyun smack Donghae’s hand away from his head “Let go of me, you clumsy fish”

 

“well, I’ve been wanting to ask you this” Donghae said still holding Kyuhyun’s head. They head towards the door to leave and go to the backstage place again.

 

Kyuhyun just looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

 

“well, if you really liked Sungmin from before already then why are you so jealous of her smile? To the point that you’d embarrass her to the whole campus”

 

Kyuhyun think for it for a moment.

 

“I guess that’s what I believed, I think” he sighed “but I realized that it wasn’t because I was jealous of it, but because it affects me so much more than other people, because most of my life, people were pretending to me, so I was in the dark, and her smile is like the light that saved me, her smile is the most sweetest thing I have ever see and that’s why it affects me. it affects me to the point that it drives me crazy and made me do stupid things”

 

“and it’s not liked, its likes” Kyuhyun smirked “because I still like her, fishy and there is no way I am giving her up to you."

 

“so, your definition of jelousy of her smile is actually 'the reason why I fall in love with her' smile?” donghae teased “you are one hopelessly romantic guy, Cho Kyuhyun”

 

“whatever!” Kyuhyun retorded “as if you are not hopelessly in love with her”

 

“well at least we share the same surname” donghae teased again “we are both Lees, that's already one point to me”

 

Kyuhyun smirked “Not for long, fishy, I will change that surname someday”

 

The two was still teasing and arguing when they notice a girl also there in the backstage,looking for something, somehow she’s like on the same age as them.

 

“what’s wrong Ms?” Donghae asked the girl “what are you looking for?”

 

“yeah, This is the backstage, not a place for a normal teenage girl to be in” Kyuhyun followed up, somehow checking if his face still has some teartracks obvious in his face.

 

“well, Do you know anyone named Lee Sungmin?” the girl asked “she performed a moment ago as a singer, I was looking for her”

 

 Both Donghae and Kyuhyun looked at the girl when they heard the familiar name being called.

 

“Yes we know her Ms,” Donghae replied to her, and seeing the girl sighed with his answer “May I know your relationship with her?” he asked her politely.

 

“Sorry” the girl apologized politely, Donghae finds it really cute, because she resembles her with Sungmin “I am Lee Hyukjae, you can call me Eunhyuk, I am Minnie’s cousin. "

 

Kyuhyun elbowed Donghae whispering to him “She’s also a Lee, maybe she’s the one you said that you are meant to be” then Donghae elbowed him in returning, earning a chuckle from Kyuhyun.

 

“sorry” donghae turned to the girl “I am Lee Donghae” then he turned to Kyuhyun “and this is Cho Kyuhyun, we are friends of Minnie.”

 

“see you even sound like her, saying sorry then introducing yourself, I think you two definitely are meant to be” Kyuhyun whispered to Donghae’s ears making him elbowing him again “shut up”

 

 

Donghae turned to the girl again “Do you want to look for her together? We are looking for her as well.”

 

Eunhyuk just nods at them “Okay, thank you”

 

Then they looked for the said girl, Donghae assisting Eunhyuk from time to time since the girl is also clumsy just like her cousin.

 

Until they saw Sungmin, her clothes changed back to normal usual clothes she wears but her hair still in ponytail, she was talking to Yesung and Ryeowook.

 

Donghae called her and the three turned to them.

 

“Minnie” Eunhyuk called out to her cousin.

 

“Hyukkie” Sungmin greeted her as well, then they hugged due to excitement because they haven’t seen each other for so long. “You came to watch my performance?”

 

Eunhyuk nods in the embrace “Yeah, you were really great.”

 

Sungmin opened her eyes and didn't expect to see Kyuhyun behind Eunhyuk.

 

They stare at each other and somehow both blushed with the sudden gaze.

 

Sungmin introduced her cousin to everyone especially Ryeowook and Yesung,

 

“Would you like to eat with me to celebrate?” Eunhyuk asked her cousin once she got out of the tight embrace “We’ve got a lot to talk about as well, We haven’t seen each other for so long”

 

Sungmin gaped became pale, “Omona, I already promised Ryeowook and Yesung that I’d eat with them tonight to celebrate”

 

Donghae’s face became down as well “but… we were also looking for you to invite you to eat and celebrate with us.”

 

Sungmin don’t know what to do anymore. Three people inviting her to dinner, she doesn’t want to reject them all but how can she divide her body parts into three?

 

“Well, let’s have dinner together” Kyuhyun said then look at Sungmin teasingly smiling “But it’s all on Sungmin’s pay”

 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, confused by the sudden reaction from Kyuhyun, he was just cold and rude towards her the past few days then suddenly started teasing her again, she find it confusing suddenly. But she can't help but to smile seeing that Kyuhyun is now talking to her again, just like how he normally does. She won't ask anymore why the change of heart of him but just got along with the mood. There's no point asking anymore.

 

“yah! Why should I be the one to pay?” she complained pouting "Cho Kyuhyun"

 

“Because you are the girl these people wants to eat with and you can’t divide yourself into three so you should pay for all of us, that makes sense.”

 

Everyone laughed at the two arguing people.

 

Donghae and Ryeowook can't help but to smile looking at them.

 

 

 

---

 

The Long awaited:

Eunhyuk's introduction, let's welcome her to the cast. :)))) I want to finish this fic already but the thrillsss. :DDD Thanks for the lots of love, comments are seriously appreciated. :**