Reunion

BACK TO DECEMBER

Three years gone by and I am still staying here on my own.

I feel something has been missing in my life…

 

Deep inside your heart, I know you didn’t really want to leave me…

Did you know how much I hurt now?

Help me to forget you, I love you too much…

You meant so much to me…

 

After you turned away, I missed you so much. I knew I should run to you. I should beg you to come back to my side.

 

But I didn’t.

 

I was too afraid.

I was afraid I would hurt you again.

Because you once said, that you might be better without me.

I hope that’s right.

I hope you’re happy now…

 

Sometimes I dreamt about you. You’re in other people’s arm. Seeing you laughing to anyone else, made me hurt. It's not fair to me…

I deserved to be happy with you!

 

But you deserved to be happy too…

And I know, you’ll be happy without me. You’ll be happy if I never showed up in front of you, or even in your dreams…

 

Forget me in your sleep, the one that ever loved you with her whole heart.

The one that was ever hurt you…

 

Now I realized…

You were born, not for loving me…

 

***

 

I entered my office and sat at my chair. I looked at the window. Summer this year is hotter compared than last year. But I’m glad. Because ever since that day she left me, I always feel cold. Even in the middle of hot summer like this, I wore a thick cloth. Could you imagine what would happen in the winter? I could wear five layers of clothes.

 

I am no kidding.

 

Then I closed my eyes, and again, trying to forget all the memories about you… About us…

The more I tried, the more I remembered.

 

I touched my necklace that hanging on my neck. There’s a ring on that. Our couple ring.

Did you still have the ring?

Or you already threw it out?

 

“Good morning, Sica” a girl came and sat at the chair beside my table.

 

I opened my eyes and looked at her. “Good morning, Taeng” I smiled to her.

“What’s with your clothes?” she asked. “Still feeling cold, huh?”

“You know me, I always feel cold”

“Yeah… You’re not just an ice princess because you always look cold at other people, but indeed you’re always feeling cold,” she laughed at her own statement. I let out a small laugh.

 

“Anyway, we should rush to Mr. Park’s room now,” she said to me. “He wanted us to report about the preparation of the company’s 30th anniversary”.

 

I nodded at her. I took some files on my table and together with her went to my boss’ room.

 

***

 

The building’s hall now is so full of people because of my company’s 30th anniversary party. I looked at people around me. There’re many important people from other companies. They all dressed nicely.

 

So am I.

 

I saw my reflection on the window near the balcony. I wore a peach colored simple dress. And just loosened my hair. So simple. But I got some compliments from my colleagues earlier. *smile*

 

I looked at the people around me. There’s a woman who dressed in a very luxurious from top to bottom. I bet she must be a wife of a very rich CEO that invited here.

 

Then I saw a young man who is talking on the phone. He’s seen looking for someone in this hall. Maybe he was talking to his girl who was somewhere here. Suddenly he looked so happy. He must finally find his girlfriend.

 

I looked at the direction that he looked.

 

A girl. I was right.

 

She wore a revealing pink dress that match with her clutch bag. With a long black hair that she loosened, she looked extremely beautiful.

 

Wait.

.

.

.

.

She’s Tiffany.

 

My eyes grew wide. I couldn’t believe I finally met her again. I realized she dyed her hair black and she looked skinnier than before. She’s so beautiful…

 

She walked to that young man and they hugged. They seemed so close, laughing and holding each other. I lowered my head. I couldn’t stand looking at her so close with other people.

 

Do you like being in his arms better?

Have you ever thought of me after you left?

As soon as you turn away, did you just erase me? Forget me?

Don't you even have any regrets?

How could you be so natural…?

 

As I watch you laugh together, I pray that you'll be happy with him…

 

I kept staring at her, and then she looked at my direction.

 

She saw me. Her jaw dropped. She looked so surprise to see me.

We’re staring each other now.

 

Suddenly I felt my sight blur, and I felt warmth on my cheeks. I touched my cheeks, and it’s wet.

I’m crying.

 

She saw me crying and surprised even more.

 

I wiped my tears and lowered my head. I didn’t want her to saw me like this.

 

“Sica!” I heard someone called my name. It’s Taeyeon. “Mr. Park’s looking for you, you better meet him,” she told me.

 

I nodded and went to meet my boss.

 

***

 

“Hey, Tiff, you came!” Taeyeon hugged Tiffany.

“Yes, Tae, I promised, right?” Tiffany said to the latter and received big grin from her friend.

“Where’s my brother? You didn’t meet him yet?”

“Heechul oppa? I already met him, and now he’s walking around to greet his business partners I guessed” Taeyeon nodded. “Umm, Tae… About the girl you talked earlier…”

“Hmm? Jessica? You saw me talked to her?” suddenly Taeyeon felt excited.

“Ah, yes... I never saw her before when I visited you…”

“She’s my coworker, she moved to my office couple months ago”

 

‘Oh, that's why she's here…’ Tiffany said in her head.

 

“What do you think about her? Isn’t she pretty?” Taeyeon asked.

“Umm, yes… She’s pretty… Why Tae? Do you… Do you… Like her?”

 

Taeyeon’s face reddened. She smiled shyly and nodded.

 

“Yes, I like her…”

 

“I like Jessica…"

 

"So much…”

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Birthday Im Yoona ^^

 

@STPHNHWANG