I Miss You

BACK TO DECEMBER

“Yes, I like her…”

 

“I like Jessica…”

 

“So much…”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widen. She couldn’t believe her best friend is in love with her ex-lover.

 

“And I already confessed to her”

“What?? You already confessed?” Tiffany shocked.

 

‘Is that mean that she and Jessica now are…’

 

“But she rejected me” Taeyeon words cut what Tiffany has in her mind.

 

Tiffany looked more shocked.

 

“She rejected you…?” Taeyeon nodded.

“Yeah… She rejected me… Because she already has someone she loved”.

 

“I love you, Sica” she told the blonde girl. “I love you, since the first day you came to the office, and sat beside my table”.

 

The blonde couldn’t say anything. She was too surprised to hear her sudden confession.

 

“I know it’s too sudden… But I couldn’t hold this feeling any longer…” she lowered her head because she’s too shy to face the ice princess.

 

Jessica looked at the latter in front of her. She sighed and lifted Taeyeon’s chin so she can see her face.

 

“I’m sorry, Taeng… My heart already belonged to someone else…”

 

“You mean… She’s already taken?” Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon shook her head. “No, she’s still in love with her ex-lover”.

 

***

 

I saw her talking with Taeyeon. How could they know each other? I never knew Tiffany had a friend named Taeyeon…

 

I kept looking at them from afar, afraid they would notice me. Then he came, the man from before. Taeyeon hugged him while smiling widely.

 

Who is he? He looked close to them both. Is he Taeyeon’s boyfriend? Ahh, I don’t think so… It’s not that long since she confessed her feeling to me, and I know exactly she’s still in love with me.

 

Well, I could feel that.

 

Is he… Tiffany’s boyfriend…?

 

NO!

 

She shouldn’t be with anyone else but me… Ughh, I really hate this feeling. I knew that it was my mistake that she left me behind, I knew she’d be better without me, but I knew I am selfish enough to know that I didn’t like to see her in other people’s arm!

 

***

 

It’s been one week since the last time I saw her at the company’s anniversary party. I missed her so much. I really wanted to ask Taeyeon about Tiffany, but with the fact that she actually has a feeling to me, how could I?

 

I wanted to come to her school (well, she’s an English teacher at SM High School), but, once again, I was too afraid to face her! OMG I just realized how coward I am!

 

I drove my car while occasionally looked at my cellphone to see the text message from Taeyeon that contained her address.

 

Yes, she invited me to have dinner at her house. She told me she’s going to cook pasta, which is my favorite food, and without hesitate, I accepted her offer.

 

I parked my car outside the blue-painted house. I’m sure that this is her house, knowing she really like the color blue.

 

I opened the gate and made my way to her door. I looked at her yard and found that she actually likes flowers. There are sunflowers, orchids, and pink roses.

 

Pink roses… That’s Tiffany’s favorite…

 

I lowered my face and sighed. I remembered how happy she was every time I gave her that pink roses. Her eyes turned into half-moon shape, showing that she’s indeed happy. I miss her eye-smile so bad…

 

I knocked at the door and waited for her to open it. But there’s no one. I knocked again, and this time I heard a voice from inside, “Yes, wait, please…”

 

I smiled when finally the door opened. I looked at the girl, and I could feel my smile disappear and replaced by the shocked expression. I was too shocked that I couldn’t even speak. My mouth was wide open but there’s no word coming out. The girl too, looked so surprised to see me.

 

“Ti… Tiffany…” I finally let out her name.

 

***

 

Taeyeon just texted me that she’s out for a while to buy some ingredients. So I sat at the couch in the living room, and there Tiffany is, sitting on the chair in front of me. We didn’t talk yet, since I arrived in this house. We’re just awkwardly sitting in silence.

 

Why won’t we look each other in the eye anymore?

Why won’t we communicate?

Why won’t we love?

Why…?

 

Please say that we could change this situation...

 

I looked at her face, still beautiful as ever… Her eyes, were too attractive that it forced people to look at them deeply. Her pink lips… It’s like they called me to seal them with my lips…

 

I gulped, as I realized I was staring at her all the time while she kept lowering her head.

 

I don’t want to waste the opportunity to be alone with her after three years. I cleared my throat to get her attention, and she looked at me. I’m so nervous, but I have to speak!

 

“Umm… How are you, Tiff…?” I asked her, finally.

“I’m… Fine…” she answered. “How about you, Jess? Are you sick?”

 

I was surprised to her question. Did I look sick? “No, I’m fine… Why?”

“Your clothes… That jacket… Isn’t that too thick for this hot weather?”

 

I looked at my clothes. Oh, well, of course, she didn’t know about my current condition. I wore a black fleece jacket that really looked stupid due to this hot summer, while she’s just wearing short and pink tank top.

 

“I’m not sick… This jacket… I wore this because I’ve lost my body warmth…” I said to her and she looked confused. “Well, I lost that… Since you left me three years ago”

 

She’s still looked confused, but she nodded anyway.

 

“How… how could you be in Taeyeon’s house?”

“I live here. Since six months ago”

“Oh, I never knew you are friend with her”

“She’s my childhood friend. I never saw her anymore since I was thirteen, because her family moved to other city. But I met her again two years ago, and she asked me to live with her. So here I am”

 

So that’s why she was on my company’s anniversary party. Taeyeon must invite her at that time.

 

Then silence again.

 

“Why…” she started to speak, and paused.

“What?” I asked.

“Why did you cry when you saw me at your company’s party? You’re not the person who could easily cry…”

 

Ughh, why did she have to see me crying?

 

“Was my presence there made you sad?” she asked.

“No, no! Of course not!” I quickly denied her question.

 

“Instead… I was too happy to see you… That my eyes couldn’t hold back my tears anymore…” I said to her. “I… I miss you, Tiff… I miss you, so much…”

 

She looked me in surprised.

 

“Liar…” she said.

 

“What? Why should I lie to you?”

“If you really missed me… Why did you never come to look for me? You know where I work at…”

 

“I… I was… I was afraid… That you didn’t wanna see me…” I said. “Because, you once said that you might be better without me…”

 

She looked angry to hear my explanation. Did I say something wrong?

 

“So you never come to me because you were afraid?” she asked with sarcastic tone. So scary…

“Ye… Yes…” I lowered my head.

“You’re so stupid, Jess”

 

I looked at her, “Yes, Tiff, I know that I’m stupid. But please believe me, I do miss you so much… I miss you, that it hurts to see you again after three years, but you were with someone else. It hurts me to see you smiling happily with that man… I was… I was so angry that I wanted to punch him… I… I…” I didn’t know how to continue my words. I looked at the floor, still afraid to see her face.

 

“That man, he is…”

 

Tiffany was about to say something when the front door opened.

 

“I’m home!”

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

I'm really sorry for the late update! :((((

I was sick last week. My body was so warm, and I had runy nose and cough too T______T

I'm really sorry... *bow*

 

Hope you like this chapter ^^

 

My twitter ----> @STPHNHWANG

I tweet about SNSD and stuffs ^^