Is It Really Better Now?

BACK TO DECEMBER

I sat at my office, trying to remember what happened yesterday.

I still couldn’t believe she asked me to be with her friend…

How could she think that I might be better with Taeyeon? It will be so much better if I’m with her…

 

But she’s now has a fiancé.

I really hate myself for letting you go!

Why was I so stupid?

WHY??

 

***

 

I’m on my way home, when I saw Taeyeon on the shelter, waiting for a bus. I drove my car to the shelter and stopped right in front of her.

 

I opened the window, “Need a ride?” I asked her.

 

She looked surprise but then she smiled when she realized that it was me inside the car.

 

“Oh, Sica… No… I’ll just take a bus… Thanks for offering by the way…” she said.

“Ahh, come on, let me take you home” I opened the passenger door, and waited for her to come inside. “Come on, Taeng…”

 

She thought for a moment and smiled. “Okay…”

 

***

 

“Let’s have a cup of coffee I my house” she said when we arrived in front of her house.

“Ah, thank you, but I guess I just go straight home…”

“No… I’ve accepted your offer to take me home, so it’s time for you to accept my offer”

 

I looked at her eyes, and I know that she wouldn’t stop until I said ‘yes’.

 

“Fine…”

 

She smiled widely to hear my words.

 

I followed her walking inside her house, and sat in the living room while she prepared the coffee.

 

“Here is your coffee, Sica…” she handed me a cup of coffee.

“Thanks…”

 

I took a sip of the coffee, and ohh… It tasted so good…

 

“Whoa, it’s so good, Taeng. First, you amazed me in your cooking skill, and now, this coffee” I pointed to the cup I held. “I think you’re good at doing housework…” I complimented her.

“Ahaha you’re too much, Sica… It’s just a cup of coffee…”

“Yeah, but I never could make a coffee as good as this” I truthfully said. She just smiled and took a sip of her coffee.

 

“Taeyeon… You know… She loves you…”

 

I suddenly remembered what Tiffany said.

 

“I think… It’s better if you are with her…”

 

I look at Taeyeon. She is beautiful, I know…

 

Should I do what Tiffany asked me? Or should I not?

 

I put the cup on table and sighed.

 

That’s what you really want, right?

Okay…

I love you too much that I will do anything as you said…

 

“Taeng…” I called her.

She looked at me, “Yes?”

 

“Do you… Do you still have feeling for me?” I asked her bluntly.

 

She looked extremely shocked with my question. Did I do wrong thing for asking her?

 

“Why… Why did you ask about that…?”

“I’m just asking… I mean, if you feel uncomfortable with my question, you don’t have to answer…”

 

She lowered her head and stayed silent.

 

Uh yes, I guess I did wrong.

 

“Taeng, I’m sorry, I-”

“Yes” She cut me.

 

“Huh?”

 

She looked at me, and I could see her face was so red.

 

“Yes… I still have the same feeling for you…”

 

I froze.

So, now I really have to do that, right, Tiff?

 

“I know you still loved your ex, and I should not keep this feeling... But I can’t ... I love you too much, that it's so hard to get rid this feeling…” she spoke as she lowered her head.

 

I walked to her and bent my knees in front of her chair.

 

“Look, Taeng…”

“I do love my ex…” I paused. “But now I think… I love her just as a friend…”

 

Her eyes widened.

 

I smiled, and took her hand, “I like you, Taeng…”

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

She looked so surprised, “What…? What did you say…?”

 

“I said… Will you, Kim Taeyeon, be my girlfriend?”

 

I could see her tears in the corner of her eyes, and then she nodded,

 

“Yes… Yes… Of course, Sica…” finally tears run down her cheeks. I smiled at her and hugged her. She hugged me back and tears continued fall to my shoulder. But I guess those were happy tears…

 

I’m sorry, Taeyeon, for lying to you. But I do really hope that I can like you as a couple… I hope I could grow this feeling toward you.

 

I hope…

 

***

 

“Taeng, I’m home”

 

I looked at the front door, and that’s her, my Tiffany.

 

My Tiffany…

Could I still call her like that?

 

“Oh, Jessica… You’re here…” she said to me.

“Yes, I took Taeng home…”

 

She nodded. And then Taeyeon came from her room, after changing her work clothes.

 

“Hi, Tiff, you’re home” she happily greeted her roommate and hugged her tightly.

“Whoa… What’s with you? You looked so happy”

 

Taeyeon smiled widely and walked to my side.

 

“I have a very good news, Tiff…” she said while linking her arm in mine.

 

“What...?” then she saw our arm and immediately her jaw dropped. “Wow! Don’t tell me… Are you both…?”

“YES!” Taeyeon shouted happily.

“Aww, congrats Taenggoo!” the two roommates hugged each other and laughed.

 

Ugh, I really hate this situation. Tiffany did really look happy with the news. Did I really do a good job? I feel like I’m the only one who is hurt now.

 

I looked at Tiffany while she still hugged Taeyeon, and she looked at me too. I talked to her with my eyes…

 

‘Is it really better, Tiff?

Is it really better if I’m with her?

Are you really okay?

Is it really what you want?

If not, say it!

I will end all this thing right now and go to your side…’

 

She then smiled at me…

 

And nodded…

 

‘Yes…’

 

***

 

It’s been a week since I started the relationship with Taeyeon. We’ve been good, I think. We had lunch together every day, and sometimes she packed lunch for me. She took care of me so well. And we always went home together too.

 

So, yeah… We’re good…

 

I held the ring on my necklace. Should I remove this necklace? I always wore this necklace during this time. I didn't take it off during sleep, even when I took a shower I was still wearing this necklace.

 

But now it is different. Me and her now each has a partner... And she might've threw this ring since a long time ago...

 

I'm very pathetic, right?

.

.

.

We’re on our way to my car when she suddenly asked me, “Sica, can I go to your place today?”

 

“Huh? My place?” she nodded.

 

“Err… But my place… Is so messy… I don’t think you’ll like to be there…”

“Nah, it’s okay… I really wanna go to your house…” she held my arm. “Pweasee…..”

 

Oh… So now she used her aegyo? Urgh… How can I resist her after she showed me her cute aegyo.

“Fine, let’s go to my house...” I gave up.

“Yeay! I know you couldn’t resist my cuteness, hehe”

“Wow, what a narcissistic girl…”

***

 

We’re now standing in front of my house and I still didn’t open the door yet. I'm still wondering if there are still any items related to Tiffany in my house. I was lucky because I already got rid of everything related to her right after I was officially in relationship with Taeyeon.

 

I didn't throw it away, of course... I just put it in a box that located on the top of my bedroom closet.

 

I still have not been able to throw it away...

 

“What are you waiting for, Sica?”

“Huh? Oh, sorry…”

 

Finally, I opened the front door. Gosh, this house is really a mess!

 

Seriously, my house is not a good place to spend. I am really not a tidy person… I’m so lazy even to put my shoes on the shelf… Irarely tidy up my house, especially my room. I always put my stuff randomly.

 

Ahh,this is so embarrassing...

 

“I’m sorry, Taeng…”

“Huh? What for?” she looked confused.

“Look at my house, it’s a mess…”

 

She laughed at me, “It’s okay, Sica… You don’t have to say sorry…”

 

I smiled shyly at her.

 

“Are you hungry?” I asked her.

“Uhm, yes I’m a bit hungry…”

“Let me check if there’s any foods…” I went to my kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Crap! I didn’t go to grocery shop yesterday because I was too lazy! And now I don’t have anything besides ramyun…

 

“Err, Taeng…”

“What? Don’t tell me………”

“I’m sorry, Taeng-ah…” I said with an apologetic voice. “I already told you, my house is not a good place… I’m sorry…”

“Don’t say sorry, Sica… It’s okay, really…” she said with a smile. “You have ramyun, right? Let me cook that for us, okay?”

“No, I will do it! It’s my turn to cook for you. It’s always you who cooked…”

“Hmm, okay….”

“Good girl” I patted her head and she blushed lightly. “Now, go watched TV while I’m preparing our dinner…” she nodded and go to the living room with her redden face.

 

After a while, I finished cooking the ramyun and we ate together. Then after that, we had small talk on my living room, talking about random thing we want to know about each other.

 

“Umm, Sica…”

“Yes?”

“Can I come here again?”

“You want to come to this messy place again? Are you sure?” I chuckled as I said.

“Yess….. I want to clean up you house and cook for you…”

“Nah, you don’t have to do that, Taeng…”

“But I want to, Sica-ah…” she begged me. “I… I wanna be the one who clean up your mess… I wanna be the one who cook for you… I wanna be the only one for you in anything, Sica…”

 

I was a bit shocked to hear her confession. She looked so cute right now with her blushing face.

 

I lifted up her chin with my right hand, and slowly leaned closer to her face. And finally, our lips met.

 

I kissed her.

 

***

 

I lay on my bed after I sent Taeyeon home. I still couldn’t believe that I kissed Taeyeon earlier. But that’s really normal, right? She’s my girlfriend after all.

 

I held my necklace again. “Okay… I think this is the right time to remove this necklace…” I took off the necklace and put it on my dresser.

 

“Fany-ah… I hope you’re happy with that guy… And I will try to be happy too with the girl that you chose for me…”

 

***

 

“The movie was so good you know…”

“Really?”

“Yes! I couldn’t believe you sleep during the movie”

“I’m sorry, Taeng… I already told you I don’t like romantic movie, it made me sleepy…”

 

Yeah, we just watched movie together. Good progress, right?

 

“Now, what do you wanna do?” she asked me.

“I’m hungry, let’s eat”

 

We walked to the food court, when a man suddenly poked Taeyeon.

 

“Had a goodtime with your date, huh?” he .

 

Taeng looked surprised at first, but then she smiled widely.

 

“Oppa~ I thought you were a stranger…”

 

Oppa?

Crap! He’s her oppa! Tiffany’s fiancé!

 

And suddenly a girl came to his side, “Hey, Taeng, long time no see”

“Unnie! I miss you!” she hugged the girl. “Where were you just now?”

“Toilet, hehe” she answered.

 

Who is she? Why is she with Tiffany’s fiancé? Is she Taeyeon’s sister?

 

“Whoa… Who’s that girl, Taeng? Your girlfriend?” her oppa asked.

“Oh, yes… Let me introduce her you, oppa and unnie…” she dragged me to be near them. Ugh, I hate this.

 

“She is Jessica Jung, my girlfriend”

I bowed to them and smiled, “Hello, I’m Jessica”                          

 

“He is my brother, Kim heechul…”

“Nice to meet you, Jessica” he said to me. I faked a smile.

 

“And she is Ahn Sohee, Heechul oppa’s wife…”

 

***

 

 

 

I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS REALLY LATE UPDATE :((((((

i don't know, I was too lazy these days... I even too lazy to eat :(((

I'm really sorry :'((((

*bow*

 

And I'm sorry once again because there's just a little JeTi on this chapter :(((

I promise there will be more JeTi on the next chapter :))))

 

Hope you like this chapter ^^

 

My twitter ----> @STPHNHWANG

I tweet about SNSD and stuffs ^^

Feel free to scold me if I'm late for updating this fic ^^