Future Past

BACK TO DECEMBER

“That man, he is…”

 

Tiffany was about to say something when the front door opened.

 

“I’m home!”

 

Taeyeon came into the house and walked towards me.

 

“Sica… I’m sorry for making you wait…” she showed me her apologetic face.

 

I stood up from the couch and smiled, “No, it’s okay, Taeng…”

 

 “Really? Thank you, Sica!” she smiled at me too.

 

“Anyway, let me introduce you to my lovely roommate. She’s Tiffany, my childhood friend… She’s very beautiful, isn’t she?” she proudly pointed at Tiffany.

 

Yes, she’s the most beautiful woman on earth.

 

“I already introduced myself to her earlier… And thank you for complimenting me” Tiffany shyly said to her.

“I know you already greeted each other before, I just want to introduce you both officially” she grinned to both of us. “And Tiffany, she is Jessica, my coworker… She has a weird complex, she always feel cold! Look at her clothes! Hahaha, weird, isn’t it?”

 

Yes it’s weird. Especially when she told the woman that caused this complex.

 

Tiffany then offered her hand to me, asking for a handshake.

 

What? So we have to act like we didn’t know each other? Does she hate me that much?

 

I shook her hand while staring at her eyes deeply. She looked at me too, but immediately turned away and released the handshake.

 

I felt slightly hurt with her act.

 

If only we can make new relationship, rather than broken hearts…

Having a joyful love altogether…

If only we can smile together like we used to be…

 

“Okay, let me start cooking!” Taeyeon said happily. “You just wait here and watch TV, okay, Sica? I’ll let you know when everything’s ready”

“Let me help you, Taeng” Tiffany offered her help to Taeyeon.

“Sure” Taeyeon said. “She’s a great cook, Sica” she winked to me.

 

I know…

 

“I’ll help you too, Taeng” I said.

“No, no, no… You are my guest, it’s not right to make the guest work” she smiled to me and walked to the kitchen followed by Tiffany.

 

***

 

“This lasagna smells really good” I said.

“Try it, Sica”

 

I took a small bite of the lasagna and that was really delicious.

 

“Wow, this is so delicious, Taeng!” I said happily to Taeyeon.

“Really?? Ahh… I feel so relieve… I was afraid that it would turn bad… But that’s all because Tiffany’s help after all. She’s really good…”

“No… I was just helping you a little. You made that” Tiffany said.

“Okay, we both made that” Taeyeon grinned happily.

 

“Umm, okay… I guess… I’m gonna be in my room… Please enjoy your dinner…” Tiffany said to Taeyeon and me.

 

“No! You eat with us” Taeyeon shouted. “We eat together”

“But…”

“No but!”

 

And here we are. Sitting on the dining room, eating lasagna. I had a small talk with Taeyeon. Hmm, more like she asked me and I just answered her question.

 

Tiffany?

 

She was just eating and lowering her head, didn’t bother to look at me even just for a second.

 

“So, Taeng…” I finally insisted to speak, not just answering her question. “I never know that you actually like flowers…”

“Huh? Me?”

“Yeah… I saw in your front yard, there are some flowers… Sunflowers, orchids, and pink roses”

“Ohh… Those are Tiffany’s” Tiffany finally raised her head and looked at Taeyeon.

 

“What?” Tiffany asked, confused that suddenly she heard Taeyeon mentioned her name.

“Sica asked about the flowers, I told her those are yours”

 

 Tiffany nodded and lowered her head again.

 

“I was very happy to see there are pink roses at your yard…” I said. “Because… That’s my favorite flower”

 

Tiffany then raised her head again. She was shocked and looked at me. I looked at her too, and smiled.

 

“Really?” Taeyeon also looked surprised. I nodded.

 

“Wow! Tiffany also likes pink rose very much! That’s her favorite too”

 

I kept looking at Tiffany. We kept looking each other.

 

Then she lowered her head again without saying anything.

 

***

 

“I guess I better go home now” I said. “Thanks Taeng for inviting me, the lasagna was so delicious” I smiled widely to her and her face turned red.

 

“And thanks to you too, Tiffany…”

 

***

 

“Hhhhhhhhhhh…….” Taeyeon sighed deeply.

“What are you doing?”

“You don’t know how nervous I was, Tiff!” She shouted nervously. “Oh My Gosh… I didn’t embarrassed myself, right? Or I did? Argh what should I do...? What if she actually didn’t like the dinner? What if the lasagna tasted bad to her? What if…”

 

“Enough, Taeng” Tiffany cut Taeyeon’s words. “She obviously like the lasagna… I could see that… You don’t have to worry that much…”

“I’m sorry, Tiff… I was just too nervous, I’m sorry…”

 

Tiffany hugged her friend, “Don’t worry, you’re perfect. You did a great job earlier, Taeng”

“Thanks, Tiff…” Taeyeon released the hug and smiled.

 

“Uhm… By the way… Are you… Still has feeling for her?” Tiffany carefully asked Taeyeon.

“I don’t know, Tif…” she sighed. “I know that she already rejected me… I know that she loves someone else… But… I think… I still love her…”

 

***

 

I sat in my car, waiting for her to come out from her office. I've been waiting for her since 20 minutes ago, and she still didn't walked out yet.

 

I felt a little bit cold, so I took my lighter and cigarette from my bag and started to smoke.

 

After ten minutes, finally I saw her. I threw the cigar that in my hand and walked over her.

 

“Tiffany!”

 

I called her.

 

She turned around and looked very surprised to see me.

 

“Je... Jessie… What are you doing here?” she asked me.

“I’ve been waiting for you since half an hour ago”

“You’ve been waiting for me…? Wait. You smell like cigarette. Did you smoke?”

 

Crap! I forgot to spray perfume!

 

“Ughh… Yes… Buts it was because I was too cold… You know, Taeyeon already told you that I have a weird complex…”

 

She looked at me in disbelief, but she didn’t talked about it anymore.

 

“So… Why are you here?”

 

“I want to talk to you… About my feeling…”

 

Don't you know I've tried and tried to get you out my mind?

But it didn't get any better…

 

“I know we haven't spoken for a really long time. But I was always thinking about you all this time…”

 

There are a lot of feelings that remain since you've been gone.

I guess you thought that I would put it all behind me…

But it seems there's always something right there to remind me of you.

 

“Did you know I kept all of your pictures? I didn't have the strength to part with them yet…”

 

When I hear our love song, I get that same old feeling.

I’m so missing you so much…

 

“I was lost without you… I miss you so much…”

 

Now, this is me swallowing my fear, standing in front of you…

 

“I’m sorry for that night, Tiff… I’m really sorry…”

 

“I really wish I could press rewind to turn back the hands of time. I wish that I could go back to that December, and stopping myself for doing something stupid that I would regret for the rest of my life…”

 

“I love you,” I finally said that three little words that I’ve been dying to tell her since I met her in Taeyeon’s house.

 

“Maybe this is wishful thinking or maybe mindless dreaming…”

 

“But if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right…”

 

“Tiffany…”

 

“Will you be mine?”

 

I waited for her answer. But she kept silence.

 

“Tiff…”

 

“Jess” she cut me.

“Ye… Yes…?”

 

“Did you remember the man that was with me on your company’s anniversary party?”

“Yes… I… Remembered” I nervously answer.

“That man… His name is Kim Heechul… He is Taeyeon’s brother”

 

“And he is… My fiancé…”

I really didn’t know what to do when she said that she has a fiancé. I… I was too hurt to react.

 

“You have… Fiancé…?” Tiffany nodded slowly.

 

“Why…? Do you not love me anymore…?”

“Love…? What is love? I no longer believe in love. After someone who I thought I loved the most, cheated on me with another woman”

 

“Did you forget, Jess? YOU CHEATED ON ME!" she shoted. "You cheated on me… You cheated… You...” she couldn’t speak anymore, and I saw tears on her cheeks.

 

It really hurt me to see her like this. I really hate myself for hurting her…

 

“I’m sorry, Tiff… Don’t cry, please… I’m sorry…” I tried to hug her and wiped her tears, but she slapped my hand, not wanting me to touch her.

 

My mistake didn’t seem to be forgiven by her after all… Too hurt, to be forgiven…

 

“Jessie…” finally she spoke in calm tone.

“Yes, Tiff…”

“Taeyeon…" she said, trembling.

 

"You know… She loves you…”

 

So Taeyeon did tell her about that…

 

“Yes, I know… I already rejected her…”

“Why…?”

 

“It’s obvious, Tiff. I still love you…”

“But now you know that I have fiancé, will you reconsider her feeling?”

 

I was surprised to hear her words.

 

“What… What do you mean, Tiff?”

“Even though you rejected her, even though she knew you loved someone else… She still loves you…”

 

“I think… It’s better if you are with her…”

 

“NO! I love you, Tiff! I only love you! I always love you! I can’t be with someone else!”

“But you can’t be with me either, Jess!” she shouted at me again.

 

Is it true what she said? I can’t be with her anymore?

I wish I could take it back and fight it again. But I couldn’t rewind and undo what’s done.

Is it really over now?

 

“Do you really mean it, Tiff? Do you... Really want me to be with Taeyeon?” I asked her.

 

Please…

Just please…

Just say no, and I will be yours forever…

 

“Yes…”

 

I guess it’s really over…

 

One mistake… One regret…

A memory I know I couldn’t forget.

 

“Fine…”

 

Now my future has become your past…

 

***

 

 

 

Oh finally... Chapter 4... :')

This is the longest chapter I think ^^

 

And I included some of Taylor Swift - Back To December lyrics ^^

 

By the way, did you guys check the photos of SMTOWN TAIWAN?

There're so many JETI MOMENTS!! x))

I'm dying happily ^^

 

Hope you like this chapter ^^

 

My twitter ----> @STPHNHWANG

I tweet about SNSD and stuffs ^^