(8)

Fate

 

Fate 8
There’s  a bad feeling when he’s driving. It’s not like Sungmin’s house is far. It’s just Hyukjae who wants to take his time, he wanted to waste time so it’s take longer to his friend house, as well as to meet his friends. He just know people don’t like him, rather because they’re envious or just simply pressured by the fact he’s a royal – a queen to be, and it makes him bad with socializing, and it will never change.  
 
His phone suddenly beeps, there’s message, it’s from Teukkie hyung, saying that he won’t be making it on time and told him to go to sungmin’s place first. He becoming really anxious, he’s started to deceive by the temptation to pull over and go back to his house, back in his comfortable couch and take a rest because he is having an all nighter just the day before. He detest the fact that there’s nobody will defend him from Sungmin’s long lecture. He can bet his life that Sungmin’s is so gonna lecture him for God know how long until his friends arrive at his place.
 
Finally, he’s arrive at Sungmin’s house and he just feel really awful, he really have the urge to throw up due to his anxiousness. He take a deep sigh and go buzz the bell. When he open, Hyukjae frowned when he sees that Sungmin not using his usual comfortable house clothes, he use something more casual.
 
“Min, where are you going? You said you gonna invite your friends over?” He asked and go inside.
 
“Actually no, I change the place, we’re gonna go to the café near my university and just study there. Besides they never go to my house. It will be so bothersome to search through the address.” He replied. Hyukjae just eyed him with wide eyes. Going to a café near Sungmin’s university? Sungmin’s university means Donghae’s university, even if it’s not the same major, but still, it’s on the same building, and he’s not comfortable by the thought Donghae will see him there, out from his house and having fun, he will feel really disloyal.
 
“Min.. Can we just study at your house I mean.. uh..” He said while he can feel his heartbeat rose. And he felt a light hit in his head, and before he can let out protest, Sungmin already glared at him, hard.
 
“You’re nervous, you seriously, nervous.” Hyukjae can only eyed Sungmin with a pleading eyes. This is why he hate when Leeteuk’s not present between them, when Sungmin is in his angry self like this, what can Hyukjae do if there’s no one calm him down?
 
“Just take it easy okay? You just gonna have some talk, with new friends.” Hyukjae just can bring himself to nod.
 
“Okay now let’s go.” Sungmin said and when he feel Hyukjae tugged his clothes.
 
“What?” He asked, arching his eyebrow.
 
“Ehm, Minnie, can you.. you know.. Drive?” He asked and grinned sheepishly. Sungmin just sigh.
 
“And you are gonna say that you are too nervous to the point you don’t have the confidence to drive safely??” Hyukjae just nod and drop his head.
 
“Okay, mine or yours?”
 
“Just take my car.” He said and hand his friend his car key. Then Sungmin place his hands on the latter shoulder, and Hyukjae immediately lift up his face to see Sungmin.
 
“Just take it easy. Seriously Hyuk, nobody will eat you, beside they’re my friend. They won’t do anything bad to you, and I know them well.” He said while patting his shoulder. Hyukjae just nod again, still feeling nausea in his stomach. 
 
And as he thought, Sungmin lecture him when he start the engine until they arrive at the café. What a long ride.
_______________________________-
"Stop glancing here and there." Sungmin hit his friend arm lightly. Hyukjae just eyeing Sungmin who in the moment studying economical that he doesn't quiet understand.
 
"Even if i'm studying, reviewing things a bit, it doesn't mean i'm not pay attention at you at all." Sungmin tilt his head to see his friend.
 
"Minnie, I don't know.. I..."
 
"What?" Sungmin throw a lazy gaze at him.
 
"I.. I feel stupid." Hyukjae said and drop his gaze to play with his hands.
 
"Yes you are." Hyukjae feel hopeless of what he heard. He is stupid indeed.
 
"But you are my friend, and I want you to cheer up, and overcome your stupidity. So just play along, okay Hyuk?" Hyukjae feel a sudden gust of confidence, and he realize that Sungmin doing this all because of he cares of him, so he must stand for good, he must try this new socializing thingy. He hug Sungmin out of a sudden.
 
"Thanks. Sorry for being so stubborn. I'll try okay? But not promising much." Sungmin tightened his geip om the hug and pat his friend's back for encouragement.
 
"Just try. It will be fine."  He said. Soon the chit chat about everything and hyukjae heard a familiar sound calling hs friend's name.
"Sungmin." A man called. And Hyukjae felt his heart pounds harder, as if it will burst. Hyukjae slowly tilt his head and saw two men that he wish he wouldn't have to interact with.
 
"Oh, isn't it Eunhyuk?" The other man pointing at him.
 
"Yeah, he is." Sungmin replied and smile sweetly. A sudden gust of fear embracing him. What's Sungmin reason of this nonsensical thing? Just a while ago he is willing to cooperate with Sungmin and now that feeling evaporates, he don't know what to do, The least he could do is just encounter his courage and talk.
 
"O..oh, Siwon and Kibum?" He said as he pretend to be calm, but he failed miserably because of his stutter and his face that get paler by each second. Siwon and Kibum happened to take a seat, with kibum across Hyukjae and Siwon across Sungmin.
 
"Oh, so this is the friend you tell me you'll drag along?" Kibum asked.
 
"Yeah. He is. Of course you know him right?"  Sungmin asked back.
 
"Yeah, he is our bestfriend's wife." Siwon said while nodding and looking at Hyukjae. Hyukjae just smile awkwardly. Siwon somehow notice Hyukjae's awkward smile and insecurities, so he felt a bit guilty- considering how bad his bestfriend treating him- and said again.
 
"But don't worry Eunhyuk-ssi, we won't do anything bad, beside you are Sungmin's bestfriend and Sungmin is one of our close friend, so you are our friend, well... Technically" Siwon said again.
 
"Yeah, and maybe you don't want to be so oblivious but we see your nervousness afterall. Just act comfortably with us. Naturally." Kibum said and smile sincerely at him. Hyukjae just widened his eyes and eyeing this two person across him. And they heard all the person in his table giggle because of him.
 
"Hyukjae, you are like an open book if you wanna know. It's not quiet a surprise they found out." Sungmin said.
 
"But.. But you know.. You two are Donghae's bestfriend. And you know right? Mm... About it all?" He asked them. He just certain that Donghae's friend know that he is being mistreated at their marriage, but he feels like he just need to confirm that they know, because he scared less, because he scared that Donghae will found out and become so pissed of him. Because of.. Many things that come up in his head.
 
"Mm.. Eunhyuk-ssi.. I don't quiet understand how to say this.. But we do know it all. I'm so sorry to say this, but Donghae is very hard headed and I know you know that fact as well. We just can't knock some sen in his head. And no, we never encourage him of what he did to you." Kibum said.
 
"And we don't feel any hatred or somewhat everything that you thought we are, towards you. And we will be happy if we can become friends." Siwon extended his friend confession.
 
"Really?" Hyukjae asked while seeing both of his friends to be eyes, which replied by a nod in each if their head. Hyukjae took a few deep breath to calm himself.
 
"So let's be friends?" Siwon said and offering his hand to be shake. Hyukjae eyeing Siwon intensely and at last he shook his hand and smile widely, showing his gums.
 
"Let's be friend." Hyukjae said and continuing by him and Kibum shaking their hands too. Sungmin just smile widely watching the scene in front of him. He somehow feel that something gotta change in a good way. 
 
"Have you ordered the food?" Kibum asked.
 
"Just ordered drinks, we kinda wait for you." Hyukjae said. Then they ordered some food on their menus and eat while chatting happily.
 
Latter on, the oldest of them all - Teukie hyung came, with a frown in his forehead because he just found it weird to see Hyukjae laughing in the conversation freely, he of course feel pressure too when seeing Donghae's bestfriend in front of him. Will all of it went well like Sungmin plans? And it is Donghae bestfriend for God sakes, he's just concerned of Hyukjae.   But after a while, he can feel their sincerity and blend in well as well.
 
"Should you teach me Siwon? I know we are enjoying ourselves here.. But.." Sungmin said, a bit guilty of cutting the conversation, but it's just he is need to be taught, and it's their main purpose in gathering anyway.
 
"Oh yeah of course Sungmin, there's no need to feel guilty." Siwon replied and Sungmin smile sheepishly. They're separating just like that, and the rest just continue comfortably get along with each other.
 
Time passed by real fast that Hyukjae widened his eyes when he look at the clock.
 
"Seriously??" He suddenly shout and widened his eyes.
 
"What happened Eunhyuk-ah?" Kibum asked.
 
"Donghae, he supposed to be arrived at home half an hour again." Hyukjae suddenly rushed at his movement and get ready to take his leave.
 
"Minnie, I'm sorry, I think I can't  get you home. I mean I.." Hyukjae just panicked while he is feeling guilty for sure towards his friend, because of him Sungmin didn't drove his own car by the way.
 
"I will get him home, don't worry." Siwon said.
 
"Don't worry Hyukjae just drive safely! Don't get that panicky, drive safely, don't drive too fast." Sungmin said.
 
"Calm down, Eunhyuk, I think Donghae will come late though." Kibum said and Siwon just glared at him. This is luckily go unnoticed by Hyukjae because the chaos in his head.
 
"Why are you say so?" Hyukjae asked confusely.
 
"N..no, I mean it's hard to go home j..just in time you know.. Ehh.. Ehh.. Like projects. There's a lot of projects." Kibum stuttered. He just cursed his stupid mouth for being that loose. Luckily Hyukjae just shrugged it of and smile.
 
"Just in case he is on time. I want be there. Everytime he is home, even if he hate the fact that I'm always there by the way." He said with a forceful laugh and bitter smile, left every one in the table feel some sort of pain in their heart.
 
"Hey Kibum" Leeteuk called him after Hyuk have juat gone out the cafe.
 
"Y..yeah?" He asked a little bit nervous, he just know that the older is smart amd he must know that he's carelessly slipped his words.
"What do you mean earlier with Donghae will not come home on time?" He and Sungmin look at Kibum suspiciously, and Siwon just know this is his time to interrupt, to have his friend safe.
 
"It's just the projects, nothing more, and we all know he must do everything perfect." Siwon said with a convincing tone and smile.
"Yeah, that's what I mean." Kibum said again without stutter, much to his luck.
 
"Are you being serious here?" Sungmin eyed them and giving an intense stare
 
"We're being serious." Siwon said again and Sungmin as well with Leeteuk can just hold it in, not to pressured them to tell the truth, they just silently wished that it will revealed soon.
_________________________________________
Hyukjae rushed home and sighed in relief when he saw that his husband hasn't reach home yet. He quickly take a bath. After taking a bath he saw the clock and just frowned, Donghae supposed to be home about 1 hour ago. Where did he go? 
 
He can't help but feel really worried towards his husband. Is he really working hard just like his friend said? Because he bet it''d worn him out if he study all day like that.
 
He decided to study about his husband mayor again, and he can't help  his thought flew on what had happened today's morning. He never doubt himself in making an assignment, he always does well. But he still worried about it, mainly because Donghae becoming so irritated at him. How will Donghae be if the results were bad? He thought and thought till he dozed off to sleep. Mainly because he's so deprived of sleep, due to that assignment husband of his.
__________________________________________
 Donghae went home and go straight to his parent's room, he go home passed dinner time, it's no good. In his family, dinner is the time when all the family chit -chatting and seeing each other, and it's becoming some sort of habit that if the part of the family can't join the dinner, they have to inform the head family beforehand, if they inform and the reason of their absence is understandable, it's okay, but if not informing beforehand, they will be given a lecture by the Queen Heechul herself, and he's not informing his father beforehand.. He's gonna be given a long lecture by the queen and It's all Hyukjae's fault! He thought and groaned. He has already message hyukjae to inform them about his lateness while he's doing his things, but when the dinner time, the queen call him and asked where he is because he's not on dinner.
 
It's mean one thing,
 
Hyukjae is not informing them about his lateness.
 
When arrived at his parent's door, he let out a heavy sighed and knock on the door.
 
"Umma, appa." Donghae called them while knocking.
 
"Come in." They said, and Donghae step inside his parent's room.
 
"You're not coming on dinner, and nit telling us beforehand." Heechul said.
 
"I'm really sorry umma, I have already inform Eunhyuk, but he didn't infirm to you."he said with a low voice.
 
"You already inform your wife?" Heechul asked,
 
"Yeah I have already inform him."
 
"Just get him off Chullie, we all know that Eunhyuk is sleeping, so he isn't able to deliver the message I guess." Hangeng said, and she just let out a sigh.
 
"Okay, Hae I let you off. But next time, I think it's better for you to tell me or your father than to your wife." 
 
"Okay." He said and go to his room, still feeling somehow irritated at Hyukjae.
 
He opened at the door harshly, he's expecting Hyukjae jumped because he surprised, but he  didn't saw that. Instead he saw Hyukjae in his couch with his book covered his entire face. The anger inside him subsided a bit when he look at his wife, he went closer and take the book from Hyukjae's face, his wife's flinched at the sudden bright that shot through his face, while Donghae just saw Hyukjae with his expressionless eyes. His wife rubs his eyes and sitted right away when seeing Donghae's face. Donghae just feel weird in a mere second looking at his wife's face, like in a sudden someone stole his irritated feelings for a second.
 
"D..donghae, y..you're back already?" He asked while seeing the wall clock. Donghae turned his back and go to the bathroom to take a bath. Trying to ignore the weird feeling.
 
"Donghae why are you so late?" Hyukjae asked with his sleepy voice, and just because Hyukjae asking him si much question, he just felt his anger triggered again.
 
"I ing text you, My precious Eunhyuk. So why don't you check, your phone?" He said with a low authority voice. Hyukjae quickly saw his phone and he felt really guilty, he ran to Donghae's side and tugged his husband's clothes.
 
"I'm really sorry, did you get trouble with Umma? I'm really sorry." He said with guilt in his eyes, Donghae just shrugged his hand out of his clothes.
 
"Prepare dinner." He said and left his wife to the bathroom.
________________________________________________
 
sorry for taking so long in updating :') 
but i really hope you guys enjoy this ;)
 
please show me some love :3
 
oh and PS : i graduated alrdy~~