1c

Fate

Days passed, and so do months and years, Hyukjae wasn't a maid by now. He was passed the regulation and study with Donghae about history, ethics and other subjects. They are study together and playing together, just like the first time they met, they are still care of each other. Heechul and Hankyung always smile watching them from afar.

Hyukjae was a good boy, he was so obedient and thoughtful of others. The maids loves him, and so Heechul and her husband. Donghae felt really happy too that Hyukjae was always beside him all the time.

Hyukjae was allowed to go home, and his parents are free to go to the kingdom as well. It's the 21 century by the way. Hyukjae still love his parents so much. They were frequently met.

The kingdom fulfilled what Hyukjae wants, but he is not spoiled, and he never asked for anything. He just ever asked one thing, why sometimes he has different subjects with Donghae? He want to learn archery, martial arts and such like Donghae. Why people couldn't fulfill this? He was sick of playing gayageum* (korean traditional music tool) , and other stuff. He want something more manly.

There's one day, Hyukjae whines to Donghae.

"Hae.. Will you teach me some of the martial arts?" He asked Hae and gave him a puppy eyes.

"No, my dad said I can't teach you." Hae shook his head and replied.

"Aahh hae, I'm tired to learnt my stuff, it's boring, like gayageum, it's boring Hae." Hyuk said and pull hae's sleeve.

"Hyukkie, stop it, you won't learn it. Besides you're cute when you play gayageum." Hae said to hyukjae. Hyukjae immediately lowered his head, he could feel his cheeks flushed due to embarrassment. Yes, you could bluntly guess right? Hyukjae like Hae's compliment. He likes it so badly.

Then when it was around junior high, Hankyung sent them both to the public school, he didn't want both of them to be anti-social so he sent them.

Before Hankyung send them to the public school, he told Hyukjae about why he was sent to the kingdom, stay there, grown up there. Because public knows about it, it's obvious that people know, the school that he's about to send hyukjae and Donghae know that they're meant to be together, to be married, the one who didn't know just the two of them - Donghae and Hyukjae - but he told hyukjae in the way.. So frankly. That the 13 year old Hyukjae felt surprised and drop a few of tears from his beautiful eye. He didn't feel betrayed as what their parents did to him. He just didn't know, it's a big thing. And Hankyung said again that he was Donghae's future wife. So that he was taught to be a little feminine. He bit his lips and lowered his head. He felt that his heart beats faster. He will be Hae's future wife, he will be the wife of the man that he admired the most , the man that he loved the most.

_______________________________________

Donghae was heard all the things that his dad said to him, his dad told him that he is Hyukjae's future husband, he was so furious, he was supposed to marry Hyukjae? 'HE IS A BOY!' He said it outloud in his mind. He like Hyukjae but it's pure friendship and he did want to have a beautiful family, with a GIRL who could bear child for him. Then he opened Hyukjae's door without a knock.

"Ah, Hae why are you in a rush?" Hyuk asked calmly. He was sit in his bed at that time.

"Hyukkie!" He fastened his walk and sat beside Hyukjae. Hyukjae just watch him strangely.

"Hyukkie! We.. You know that.. Mm.. Dad.. Dad said that we will get married when we are at a legal age..." He paused and eyeing Hyukjae closely, he saw that Hyukjae blushed and kept his head down. "Hyukkie you already know that?" He asked hyukjae impatiently. And Hyukjae just nod, he could feel an anxious feelings in his heart.

"I don't like the idea Hyukkie. I wanna have a pretty wife, that can bear me a child and stuff." Donghae said bluntly and poutted, he just tought that Hyukjae didn't love him, and what's between them was a mere friendship. Little did he know that Hyukjae felt a pang in his heart.

"It's too much right Hyukkie? Ah! We're doomed!!" Donghae said and ruffled his own hair. And just like that, he left Hyukjae's room. Hyukjae just saw Hae's back bitterly until it's out of his sight. So all this while, Donghae didn't like him. There's no place in Donghae's heart for him. He always tought that it was mutual.

"Ah.. So.. Really?" Hyukjae murmured, he bit his lips, prevent the tears from his eyes to drop. But he failed to prevent it and cry to sleep that night. Reality always , now he realize it.

_______________________________________

Just like their habits, Hyukjae watched Donghae in his martial art class in the palace garden. Hyukjae always watched Donghae's move. How manly he was. His firm arms, his kicked, even his couch now very satisfied and impressed by all of Donghae's learning progress. When he was a little child, he thought that it's harmful, and what Donghae did was fighting. But now he know what martial arts is, and hope to learn as well, even he know he can't. Donghae's extra class was martial arts while his extra class was sewing, gayageum, traditional dance and all feminine things.

Donghae still in his rehearsal, this time his rehearsal was about to protect other life, there's a doll, human life-size, so Donghae will fight with that doll in his arms, trying to protect that doll as if that doll was alive. Hyukjae stares and unconsciously Hyukjae's jaws drop, it happened all the time anyway, he just can't handle this manly side off Donghae. And he hope that someday, Donghae will fight for him, and protect him like he protect the doll.

It's not that Donghae didn't realize Hyukjae's stares, he do realize, and in fact, he was very happy he has a loyal watcher. He end his rehearsal and walk towards Hyukjae.

"Your jaw drops again. I mesmerized you right?" He said with his famous grin.

Hae held his hand and pull it, asking for Hyukjae to follow him.

"Where are you going to drag me to?" Hyukjae asked him.

"I want a living human, not a human doll." Hae said, and before Hyukjae can digest everything, he was leaning to Donghae's hard chest, and hae's hand was holding his waist firmly.

Hyukjae felt his heart going wild, his cheeks flushed, so he just hid his face in Hae's chest. He smelt Hae's scent, the scent he loves so much, he flushed even more, well, if that even possible. It's on that position quiet a while, his heart was thumping, he felt so happy, even he didn't hear the sword's clanging.

Donghae's let go of Hyukjae and chuckled when he saw Hyukjae's face. His face flushed.

"Hyukkie, you know I'll protect you, why are you afraid? Your face flushed!" Hae said and giggle, Hyukjae just shake his head vigorously, he felt slightly out of his mind. Hae still giggling.

"Let's go to the garden." Hae said and get Hyukjae's hand. They arrive and lay in the grass like how they always did. Watched the clouds, enjoying the how the wind touches their skin. Sometimes they're sleeping together in the grass. Unknown by Donghae, Hyukjae love this time, the time of their small talks and sometime they take their naps together with their hands still interwined. It makes Hyukjae's heart beats faster, and he could feel butterfly in his stomach.

"Hyukjae.. We will go to school next month." Donghae said as he stared the at the moving clouds.

"Mm.. I know." Hyukjae replied lazily.

"Oh, think of it Hyukkie, there will be many girls in the school." Hae said and Hyukjae felt something bad gonna come up.

"Then?" He asked.

"You know.. I think we have to date a girl.. So.. Mm.. You know, prevent us from getting married?" Hyukjae tightened his gripped in their interwined hands.

"Yeah." Hyukjae said lazily.

"Hyukkie?" Hae said as he failed to hear hyukjae's previous reply.

"Yeah, I said yeah, just do it." Hyukkie said, tilt his head to Hae's side and smile. Donghae just smile back to Hyukjae, afterall he didn't know Hyukjae's secret feelings.

"You know Hyukkie, we will go to a great school, after all we are the kingdom's family, there will be a lot of pretty girls there, and I'm handsome, they'll fall for me, and for you too because you are cute, And if we date, maybe appa and umma will canceled our marriage." Hae said and smile, imagining good things in his head.

"Mm." Hyukkie replied lazily. Did Donghae hate the idea to marry him that much? Seriously? Because it seems Donghae really try hard to broke it off. And honestly, it's getting harder to endure that his heart was broken

"You are my bestfriend Hyukkie, even umma and appa loves you as their own child. I will help you to date a girl too, maybe we can arrange do-" Hyukjae cut Donghae's words as his heart hurting so much. He could feel his eyes getting hotter by the time.

"Donghae, do you hate the idea of marrying me that much?" Hyukjae blurts out without even realizing what was he said. He realized some second later and let go of Hae's hand, and palmed his face with his both hands.

"Huh?" Donghae asked confusely.

"No, forget it." Hyukjae tilt his head to see Hae's face and fake a smile, then he stood up to leave Donghae all alone, being with Hae was such a pain in the for now, knowing that Donghae hate the idea so much, and he talk about girls all the time.

"Hyukkie wait." Donghae followed Hyukjae and get his wrist.

"What do you mean Hyukkie? You.. Like the idea?" He asked and frowned.

"No, nevermind, I want to sleep. So sleepy." Hyukjae said and faked a yawn.

"Hyukkie do you.. Do you like the idea? You are not even answering me" He asked Hyukjae and let out a nervous chuckle.

"No, nevermind. I only think maybe we supposed to at least try."

"But Hyukkie married means.. It's not just a bestfriend, it's much more intimate.. Like.. Like.. Mm.. My fa-"

"OMG Donghae I know, I'm not that dumb. Just forget what I said" Hyukjae snapped at him. And just left the dumbfounded Donghae. He go to his room, try to get some sleep to ease his broken heart. He felt his eyes drop some tears and not long after that, he slept.

Meanwhile, Donghae try to digest everything he heard. He felt strange and doubting Hyukkie's feelings, but he still tought it was impossible. But it start to troubled him and he made some space for him and Hyukjae. Hyukjae seems relieved and avoid Donghae as well for a few days. Until Donghae tought that all the things must be cleared, he decided to go watch Hyukjae gayageum course, then he planned to talk. He sat in the chair and watch Hyukjae. Hyukjae saw Donghae, he haven't seeing the other for a few days, and now Donghae was right in front of him watching him played, he felt nervous. And he picked the wrong string.

"You lost your focus Hyukjae." The teacher scold him.

"Yes. I'm sorry." Hyukjae said. The teacher scans around him and realize that there is the youngmaster.

"Ah, I see, young master's here, so you get unfocus."

"N..no.. It's not like that." Hyukjae said and waving his both hand with his eyes widened, gesturing his denial panicly.

"Did you have something to do with young master?" The teacher asked him. Hyukjae wants to say no, but before he can say it..

"Yes, we have something to do." Donghae said and smile widely as he walked toward them.

"Hyukjae, play your last piece and the class will be dismiss." Hyukjae just nod and play the instrument once again. Donghae just saw Hyukjae played and smile, Hyukjae was always like that. He will slightly pouting when he played the gayageum, and his beautiful fingers will travel the strings gratefully. Although he know Hyukjae didn't like to play it, but he always felt Hyukjae really cute while playing it. And after he played, Hyukjae will sigh and smile. He cheered happily and go to Donghae. He acted as nothing happened.

"What are you doing here Hae?"

"Want to talk to you." He said. But he didn't take Hyukjae's hand as usual, he was still aware of Hyukjae's feelings towards him even he still not sure. Then they walk to the garden. They sit in the grass. There's a calm silence and Donghae decided to break it.

"The other day.. Hyukkie, you said you want to try with the marriage-" Donghae said and Hyukjae cut him.

"Nevermind Donghae, don't think about that." Hyukjae said and smile.

"No, I wanna know the reason. This is bugging me.”

“No, it’s just blurts out. Sorry if it’s bugging you.”

“Really?” Donghae asked, he know that Hyukjae was lying to him. Hyukjae’s lies are always so obvious, it’s impossible Hyukjae can fool Donghae. Donghae knows all of Hyukjae’s flaws . Hyukjae just nervously nod.

“You are lying.” Donghae said and see Hyukjae in the eyes.

“ Do you..  like me?” Hae asked Hyukjae with a curious voice.

“Yes… of course.. You are my friend Donghae.” He said and smile. Inside Hyukjae’s heart he feel nervous because he was scared if Donghae found out about his feelings, he know how Donghae want to broke off the marriage, there’s no way Donghae will accept his feelings. But Donghae know Hyukjae was nervous and hiding something now. He called Donghae with his full name not his nick ‘Hae’.

"Hyukkie do you feel something towards me? Is it.. just a friend?" Donghae asked again while observing his childhood friend. It’s just stupid, because truthfully, he know the answer already, he just want to make sure. He just want Hyukjae to state it clearly because it’s hard to believe, indescribable feelings crept in his heart. Hyukjae just sigh deeply.

"Yes.”  Hyukjae said again.

“But your eyes saying that you are lying.” Donghae said. It makes Hyukjae cursed his eyes mentally, he feel hurt and slightly angry, why Donghae pushing him? He felt annoyed but still he is battling with himself whether it’s better to say the truth or just shut up like now.

“You are exaggerating.”  Hyukjae said and sigh deeply.

“Can you just be honest to me Hyukkie? I don’t know if you are lying or not, but I ‘m certain that you hiding something from me.” Donghae said, still pushing hyukjae. Hyukjae felt annoyed, too annoyed that he felt like crying. His eyes getting warmer and warmer. Desperation. That's what in Hyukkie’s mind now, He is desperate. There’s invisible lump in his heart. He just want to spit it out and Donghae was no help. He pushed him to said the truth.

“Will you satisfied if I tell you the truth?” Hyukjae asked, his eyes shown the desperation in his heart. Donghae was silent, he didn’t know the answer either, it’s satisfying if Hyukjae said he don’t love him, but how if he said he love Donghae?  Just think of it made him shudders.

“I think you know the answer Hae. Deep down, you know that you don’t have to asked me right?” Hyukjae said and gave Donghae a bitter smile.

"Hyukkie you.. You love me?" Donghae said and he saw Hyukjae nod and smile bitterly.

"Hyuk.." He said and froze, his body stiffened. He tried to registered it all in his mind. He know it already, for sure, but he just didn’t expect to hear it from Hyukjae’s mouth. It’s crazy and he could feel himself shuddering. He chuckled nervously.

“You want an answer, now I’m telling you the answer, I see that you are not satisfied.” Hyukjae said with a low voice.

“I trust you Hyukjae. I feel confused.” Donghae said and palmed his face. There’s once again awkward silent enveloping them

"You disgust me Hyukjae." He said with a low voice after a long time. Hyukjae surprised and held Donghae's hand. Donghae never called him Hyukjae, he always called him Hyukkie. And what surprised him the most was Donghae shrugged Hyukkie's hand.

"Just don’t.. Don't touch me." He said again, it was pierced to Hyukjae's heart. It's hurt so bad.

“I just want to say the truth.” Hyukjae said sadly.

“Yes the truth is… disappointing. I really am don’t know.” Donghae said and stood up, starting to walk away, left Hyukjae behind. Hyukjae felt really hurt. He stares at Donghae’s back for a long time .

There’s really no communication between Hyukjae and Donghae for nearly two weeks, they only talk when their family around, when there’s Heechul, Hankyung and when Hyori and Kangta around, Donghae was avoiding Hyukjae. Hyukjae was giving Donghae time, so he thinks it’s okay. But when it’s getting nearly two weeks, he just tought the time for Donghae really over, they must talk, or maybe should he apologize? After all Donghae dislike him, his feelings, so he was wrong, wasn’t he?

It’s nearly midnight, he couldn’t sleep, so he thought it was better if he could go to Donghae’s room. And maybe he’ll have a chance to talk? He gather his courage and knocked Donghae’s room. After a while Donghae opened his room.

“Is there anything you want?” Donghae asked Hyukjae.

“I can’t sleep, will you talk with me?” Hyukjae asked Donghae, his inside churned, he felt so damn scared.

“I don’t have the mood Hyukjae.” He said and giving an annoyed look.

“Please? You avoid me for weeks already.” Hyukjae said sadly.

“Come in, you make me guilty.” Donghae said plainly. They go inside and Donghae start continuing what he did earlier. He is focusing to his computer, Hyukjae sat beside him. Then he start of a few lines but Donghae was so cold toward him, sometimes his answer just a nod or he just shake his head lazily, Hyukjae can’t help to bring it up again.

“Hae seriously is your computer much more interesting than me?”

“Seriously yes.” He simply said.

“Hae did confessing to you such a wrong thing?” Hyukjae said and lowered his head, he is frustrated. He wants Hae stop acting all cold to him. Donghae turned his chair so he can face Hyukjae clearly. He saw Hyukjae, he know the other was so sad, but he felt nothing, he felt numb. He know that Hyukjae was a crybaby, and he always held back his tears when they brought up this topic, and know Hyukjae was in the verge of crying too, but he is careless. He just stare blankly.

"Hae.. Why it was a wrong thing?" He said and cried. Donghae looked at Hyukjae, look, he is crying, he always cry. When they were a children, Hyukjae will cry if there are a clown, a cockroach and so on, He also cry when he saw Donghae was hurt like fall on his knees and made a scar. It always made Donghae laugh and thought Hyukjae was a coward. But he cheered for him in the end. Because he care of Hyukjae. But now he just simply careless. Simply numb, his heart didn’t even move because of Hyukjae’s tears, in fact it’s annoyed him and it’s surprising for himself that he felt annoyed at Hyukjae.

“You are such a crybaby. And I’m annoyed.” Donghae said bluntly. Hyukjae gasped and wiped his tears he bit his lips to prevent his tears.

“Hae  I’ll do everything. So I’ll be qualified to be your friend again. I miss you.” Hyukjae said and grabbed Donghae’s hand. Donghae’s hand was cold, just like his heart.

“Hyukjae I’m annoyed, and to tell the truth, I feel numb. I’m kinda disgust on you when you said you love me more than a friend. You love me in a different way and it’s disgusting, you are gay, I can’t even look at you just how I used to look at you. I feel.. disgusted. My first friend in this world was a gay. He, who used to laugh together with me, sleep together with me, was gay, and to think about it, it’s disgusting, we stick together everyday and you think of me in different way. I look at you as a friend but you? Just thinking of it makes me shudder.” Donghae shrugged Hyukjae’s hand.

“I… will forget you Hae.” Hyukjae said with a pleading eyes. Pleading for Donghae’s forgiveness, even in fact he did nothing wrong.

“No it won’t change me, and… don’t call me Hae again, it seems like there’s too much affection and I kinda disgust me more, it makes me shudder. Call me Donghae from now on.” Hyukjae surprised and look at Donghae’s plain expression blankly.

“Hae, are you.. serious?” He asked.

“I told you already, I’m serious, now if you don’t have anything to discuss with me, you can go out from my room, you know the way already. And don’t call me Hae, it’s donghae for you.” He said and turned his chair to face the computer again. The pain was unbearable for Hyukjae. He just went out Donghae’s room silently.

Even after that accident Hyukjae still pestering Donghae, wait for his forgiveness, but it seems it was just a dream, Donghae never talked back and couldn’t help but felt more annoyed than he had before. And that annoyed feelings developed as a feeling namedhate.

That's the day. The end of all the hopes I have. The end of the happy moments in my life. Donghae.. He went away from me. He went away so fast from me, and he started to give me a cold shoulder.. Untill now.. Untill our marriage.

_______________________________________

 

sorry~ foget to updates :(