Chapter 7

It All Started With A Dance Practice

No One’s POV

As the sun shines brightly, the brunette hair girl walked up the block of stairs and rang the doorbell.

“Hello, you are?” BaekHo asked once he saw somone behind the door.

“I am Ara! Is Kim Jong Hyun inside?”

“Well, yes. Please wait for a moment.”

BaekHo went back in and called JR for confirmation. He can’t possibly let some stranger in into the dorm right?

“Hyung, there is a girl named Ara. She seemed like our age and she is looking for you. Do you know her?”

“Ara? What is she doing here?”

“Oppa!” Ara hugged JR once he opened the door.

“Ara? What are you doing here?” JR hugged her back tightly as he questioned her.

“To come and find you, of course! It had been a long time since we last met isn’t it?”

“I see! Oh, this is my dance mate, BaekHo! BaekHo, please call the others out.”

“Hello there? Sure!” BaekHo said awkwardly.

Once everyone is out, NU’EST introduce themselves one by one.

“Did my mum tell you my address?”

“Yeah, she did! Since I wanted to come over and pay a visit, she told me your address.” Ara giggled.

“You came alone!” it came out more like a statement than a question.

“Yeah, since your parents are busy with the business. I came over to Seoul alone instead of asking them to accompany me. They miss you badly so you better go back and pay a visit soon!”

“What! Do you know how dangerous it is! Never do that again ok! You should at least give me a call, even if you don’t have my number; you can ask it from my mother.” JR kept on rambling on and on about the girl’s safety.

“Alright! I get it, please stop rambling on and on about it. You still nag so much.” Ara laughs.

The day went pass with the boys spending time to know Ara better. Meanwhile, Hye Mi spent her day waiting for JR to give her a call as he promised the day before that he will give the latter a call once he is awake.

“Pabo JR.” she muttered under breath.

Not that she did not want to make the first step of contacting the boy, in fact she did. She sent a message to the boy that she is awake and asked if he slept well but the boy did not reply.

“Good bye! See you tomorrow or something!”

“You can come over to our dance rehearsal tomorrow! Of course if you want.” JR asked as he put his hands on the nape of his neck.

“Sure! See you tomorrow!”

Once the door is closed, the boys bombarded their leader with questions about Ara.

“Chill boys! I will answer your questions one by one ok?”

It turns out that Ara was JR’s childhood friend and they apparently grew up together until JR moved to Seoul to fulfill his dream of becoming a dancer. It really surprised JR that she came over to Seoul alone as she dislikes being alone. Despite being younger by a few months, she is really mature in terms of handling any issues.

“And we are not blind to see that she is in love with you.” Ren commented.

“And you seemed to like her too.” Minhyun said, eyeing JR.

JR immediately grew flustered, “nothing like that!”

 “Are you sure? You seemed pretty flustered right now.” BaekHo said, raising his eyebrow at the leader.

“O-of course I am!” JR said before cursing under his breath for stuttering.

“Of course you are.” The boys said sarcastically.  “You better think about your feelings for Hye Mi too. Don’t you dare to hurt her in any ways! You are dead if you dare to hurt our Hye Mi!”

‘When are they so close to her?’ JR thought before nodding his head.

Hye Mi’s POV

Stupid JR. Silly JR. I hate JR. Why didn’t he call today despite the fact that he promised he will? He is not that type who will break his promises easily. What if something happened to him? Stop having negative thoughts, Park Hye Mi! Maybe he is busy rehearsing. Yup, he is rehearsing.

“Hye Mi! What are you thinking about again? Or should I say who are you thinking about? JR?” Yong Gi teased.

“Yah! Shut up!” I shouted before covering myself behind the pillows to hide my red cheeks. Yup, she is teasing me again.

“She must be thinking about JR and cursing him for not calling and texting her the entire day.” Seo Yeong added. Not Seo Yeong too.

“Eonnie, please stop thinking about JR oppa! Think about our dance instead.” Han Ah teased me too.

Someone please help me, even my baby maknae is teasing me. The girls must have teamed up together to go against me. Hmph, they are so evil.

“Stop teasing me!” I shout into my pillows.

“Fine!” the girls said as they laugh away. Hmph, you will know how I feel when you girls have someone you like and when that day come, I will tease the death out of you!

No One’s POV

“Looks like someone had broken the record of not contacting Hye Mi for the entire day.” Min Hyun teased.

“Oh shoot!” JR shouted before running into his room. The boys decided to follow him to find out what went wrong with their leader and the cause of his sudden outburst.

“I totally forgot about calling Hye Mi. She will hate me forever.”

“That is what will happen if you spend too much time with another girl.” Ren teased.

“Shut it.” JR glared at the maknae before calling the girl.

Hye Mi’s POV

I shut off my phone as it is low in battery; I went off to charge it before doing some practice in the living room.

“Finally not gonna stare at your phone?” Yong Gi teased.

“Eonnie!” I whined. Can someone please stop all of them? Their teasing is getting a little too overboard.

“Fine. Let’s stop teasing the leader and do some practice even though we had the day off today. Come on girls!” Yong Gi said to the maknae line.

JR’s POV

Damn it! She is not picking up her phone and it kept on saying that she is not reachable. Is she angry with me for not contacting her the entire day? I have totally forgotten about contacting her once Ara came over. I am seriously confused with my feelings for the both of them.

“JR, do you mind if I come in?” Aron hyung asked.

“Sure, please come in!” I replied as I text Hye Mi.

“What kind of position does Ara have in your heart?”

No One’s POV

That question caught JR off guard. What kind of position does Ara have in JR’s heart? Just simply a childhood friend or there is something more than just a childhood friend?