Chapter 5

It All Started With A Dance Practice

No one’s POV

“Please continue with your dance practice. I can come around two and a half hours later to fetch all of you back to the dorm!” NU’EST’s manager said.

Once the manager saw them nodding their heads, he went off to finish up his own work.

Hye Mi’s POV

I let out a soft sigh. I feel so useless right now. Troubling others to send me back home and despite the fact that I am the leader of group, I let the group down by performing so badly for today’s dance practice. What kind of leader am I?

“Are you alright?” JR-shii asked me. His voice sounded so concerned.

“I guess so. Don’t worry too much about me. I have to be alright no matter what!”

“Good! Let’s practice! Come on!” JR-shii urged me as he held out his hands for me to hold.

As I grabbed on to his hands, a sudden warm, fuzzy feeling spread through my body. Why am I feeling like this?

No One’s POV

“Hyung! All of us are going to grab some food from the nearby convenient shop. Do you want any?” Min Hyun asked. 

“Nope. I am good. Hye Mi-shii, how about you?”

“I am good too! Thanks for asking!”

So the two continue to rehearse and rehearse the steps over and over again till it is familiarize in their head.

“During this part, you might want to go a little slower and maybe show some facial expressions to make it even better!”

“Maybe like this?” JR continued before showing Hye Mi the way.

Before anyone knows it, two and a half hours have passed by so quickly as though it is just a minute ago that the two leaders have met each other.

“Alright guys! Let’s go back!” NU’EST manager said.

“Before we go back to our dorm, let’s send Hye Mi-shii back first. She just stays a street away from us!”

On the way back to their dorm, Hye Mi fell asleep and had her head against JR’s shoulder. JR couldn’t help but smiled at the scene.

Once the van have reached VENUS’ dorm, JR gently shook Hye Mi up.

“Oh! We have reached? Thank you so much for today and troubling all of you. Thank you manager for sending me back home! Hope to see you all around.” Hye Mi said before alighting down the van.

“Wait Hye Mi-shii!” JR shouted.

“Yes?”

“Can I have your number?” JR asked as his hands touch the nape of his neck.

“Sure! I don’t see why not!”

So the two leaders exchanged numbers and promised that they shall meet again soon.

“I shall have your number from hyung!” Ren shouted before the van’s door closes.

Hye Mi just laughed and gives a thumb up before heading back to her dorm to call it for the day.

The boys just teased their leader throughout the entire ride back home.

The next day, the girls did their usual morning routine and went to school as per usual.

“So, what happened?” Yong Gi asked teasingly.

“We just practiced. Nothing much really happened.”

“Really nothing happened? Both of you are texting the entire night.” Han Ah teased.

“We are just texting each other. You girls are over reacting.”

“We better be over reacting! The dance competition is just around the corner, I don’t want to have a love drama now to affect the entire group’s performance.” Yong Gi said sternly.

“As a leader, you should know that pretty well.” Yong Gi continued.

“I know. I know. You girls no have to worry so much about me; I know what I am doing. We are just simply texting each other as both of us are leaders and we have more topic to talk about. That’s all. No biggie.”

Hye Mi’s POV

As I said all those words, I kind of doubt myself. What are those weird feelings when I received texts from JR? Whatever, I shall not think about all these stuffs and put all my attention on the dance competition which is the priority for me right now. This competition meant so much to me and the girls; I cannot afford to lose this competition. Focus Hye Mi.

No One’s POV

Hye Mi just shrugged off all the feelings that are still foreign to her and put all attention to dancing and leading the team towards to champion of the dance competition. The girls practiced extra hard and things tend to get a little more sensitive when they are practicing their dance.

“Han Ah, please focus on your dancing. Turn your elbow first before doing a 360 degree turn.” Hye Mi said before demonstrating it to the maknae.

“You mean like this?”

“Yes. You seem really off beat just now. Please focus. You can’t afford to lose your focus now.”

Han Ah just nodded as she could not say anything. Everyone is feeling tired and losing focus.

“Let’s take a 3 minute break.”

After the short break, the girls continued to practice their hearts out. Suddenly, Hye Mi turned off the music.

“Han Ah, please smile when it is your turn. You seemed so dead. Are you tired? Yong Gi eonnie, are you tired?”

The other two girls shook their head.

“Then you girls better focus. You girls are losing your focus again and again. You are way before the two of us in terms of beats. Not only that, Han Ah, you are not smiling at all. If either of you are not interested or feel extremely tired then get out. I do not want the team’s performance to get affected. Since both of you seemed so unhappy then you can go out of the practice room to catch your breath now.” Hye Mi said sternly.

None of the girls moved.

“Why aren’t any of you moving? Let me tell all of you, if you feel extremely tired and all the energy seemed to strain out, I am feeling the same. The competition is in a month time. We can’t afford to lose any more time like this. Let’s call it off for a day. All of us are tired and really sensitive to mistakes now. Go take a bath. We will meet at the lobby two hours later.”

The other three girls went off to have a bath while Hye Mi stayed on to practice a little more.

“1, 2, 3, 4.”

 Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.