Chapter 3

It All Started With A Dance Practice

No One’s POV

The next day, the girls had school and their dance practice after school as usual. The girls were doing their warming up exercise when their manager came in their practice room.

“Girls!!! I have a piece of news for you!” Their manager announced.

The girls immediately stopped what they were doing and looked at their manager.

“What is it?” Yong Gi spoke up.

“You girls are…. taking part in Dance World representing our country!” The manager exclaimed.

“Bwoh???” The girls said at the same time upon hearing their manager.

Yong Gi, Seo Young and Hye Mi started jumping around in happiness after processing what was being told to them and they girls hugged each other.

“We are taking part in Dance World representing South Korea??? Am I hearing things or am I dreaming?” Han Ah asked in disbelief.

“Yah maknae~ You are not hearing things and you are not dreaming either!” Yong Gi said as she pinched Han Ah cheeks.

Han Ah paused for a moment and finally processing what was being told, she suddenly screamed, “Omo! We are?!?!” The girls laughed at their maknae.

The annual dance competition named Dance World is a prestigious event and it is held in South Korea this year. The top 3 female and male dance groups from each country around the world will be joining this competition. And Venus will be joining this competition, representing South Korea.

“Alright girls~ Now that you girls are taking part in such a prestigious event, all the more you have to practice hard and do your best!” Their manager told them.

“Neh” The girls replied.

“Let’s not waste anymore time and start our practice.” Yong Gi said.

 

Hye Mi’s POV

"1, 2, 3, 4! 2, 2, 3, 4!" Our dance instructor counted the beats while we were dancing.

All of a sudden, the lightheadedness from yesterday came back again. I tried shaking off the feeling.

Despite feeling lightheaded, I continued with the practice and I didn’t tell any of the girls or even our dance instructor. I didn’t want them to worry.

 

No One’s POV

In the other practice room,

“Surprise! Saengil chukha hamnida~” NU’EST shouted as JR the lights of their practice room.

In the middle of the practice room was NU’EST surrounding a table with a birthday cake, drinks and other food and on it.

“Happy Birthday to our charismatic leader~” Ren said to JR happily as JR approached them.

“Hope you liked our surprise even though it was kind of plain!” Minhyun added on. 

“Gomawo guys.” JR replied smiling.

NU’EST sang JR a birthday song; he made a wish before blowing out the candles. After which, they tricked their leader and smudge some of the birthday cake on JR face. They were all having fun bullying their leader. What a bunch of playful boys!

After “bullying” their leader, they ate the food and cake while JR excused himself to the washroom to wash up his face.

 

Hye Mi’s POV

“Girls, let’s take a short break!” their dance instructor said after practicing for one and a half hour.

The girls cheered silently and went to the side to rest.

“Hye Mi ah~ You are making too many mistakes today! Are you not feeling well?” If you are sick and you can’t focus, I rather you stay at home. You are not thinking about the other members. You are affecting them through your mistakes! Go home if you are not feeling well!” Their dance instructor told me sternly.

Unknowingly, tears started streaming down my cheeks. “Jwesonghamnida!” And I ran out of the practice room. I felt so guilty after what our dance instructor said.

 

No One’s POV

JR passed by Venus’s dance studio while heading back to his practice room and overheard everything. He didn’t pity Hye Mi but he felt upset at how harsh the dance instructor was. Noticing that the door was going to open any moment, he went to hide behind the pillar.

“Am I that bad? I shouldn’t have come for today’s training. It will only delay and ruin everyone’s performance.” Hye Mi sobbed.

JR got of his hiding and went over to Hye Mi.

“Hey. Are you okay?” he asked, concerned.

“Y-yeah.” She quickly wiped her hot tears away with the back of her hands.

“Here, wipe your tears.” He held out a packet of tissue.

She stared at him blankly.

“Come on.” He urged her.

She took it and he smiled at her.


 

Annyeong~

As you know, it is JR's birthday today! ^^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAREST LEADER.

Oh yes, and thanks to those who subscribed! :D


Mikato was here. ;)