First Dinner

When You Wish Upon A Website

 

You turned around to see a group of girls surrounding you. The queenkas of the school. Kim Yeejeun was standing in the middle.

“How do you know such a gorgeous boy Chanmi?” she asked with an eyebrow raised.

“That’s none of your business, Yeejeun.” You shot back.

She stepped closer and sneered “. Don’t think that you’re so great just because a couple of guys run after you.”

You rolled your eyes and placed the big box on the floor. “Well it’s not my fault if no decent guy finds you appealing. Try removing that thick mask you call make-up and maybe that will change” you mockingly retorted.

“Why you little ” she flared her nostrils and lifted her fist, ready to punch you. You squeezed your eyes shut. *You and your stupid big mouth Chanmi. Did you forget Kim Yeejeun is an amazon woman with manhands???* you thought.

You waited for a fist to land on your face. A few seconds had passed and you felt nothing. You opened your eyes slowly. Your eyes widened like saucers at the view.

Yeejeun had just punched Kai on the face. It appears that Kai shielded you before the amazon girl could punch a hole through your delicate face. Her friends shot up loud gasps. Students who passed by started whispering and staring at the scene.

“Woah, are you sure you’re a girl? You punch like a man to be honest.” Kai sneered as he rubbed his cheek where Yeejeun had punched him.

Yeejeun’s jaw almost dropped to the floor, her eyes wide with bewilderment. “H-how…you…” You were just as surprised as she was.

“K-Kai…I thought you left.” you managed to say. *Now he knows what kind of es I encounter in school.*

Kai turned his head to the side and looked at you by the corner of his eye. “I had a gut feeling that I should come back…” he said with a concerned tone.

“This is not over Song Chanmi! NOT OVER!” Yeejeun furiously pointed a finger at you. She took one last glance at Kai before she finally stomped off along with her posse. The crowd that formed along the corridors had dispersed as well.

You heaved a heavy sigh of relief. “I thought I was done for. My words are my only weapon. I can’t throw a punch to save my life.”

Kai turned around to face you with an amused look on his slightly bruised face. “From now on, saving your life will be my job.”

You grew really touched and your face had turned crimson from his words. You cleared your throat and held out your hand signaling a handshake.

“Thanks for saving me…” you muttered as you averted your gaze.

Kai raised an eyebrow “I thought handshakes were for meeting someone for the first time?”

“Just take it.” You demanded as your arm stiffened. Kai let out a soft chuckle and took your hand.

Much to your surprise, he suddenly pulled on your arm and gave you a tight embrace. You could feel your face heating up even more at the contact. He muttered a few words to comfort you.  “From now on, don’t think that you’re all alone. There are six of us who will help you and do our best to make you happy.”

You closed your eyes and found yourself hugging him back. *Thank you*

You remained in this position with Kai for a good two minutes.

/KRIIINNNGGG KRIIINNNGGG/

As soon as you heard the bell, your eyes snapped wide open. You quickly pulled away from Kai’s embrace. He pursed his lips “I think I should go.” You nodded and waved your hands dismissively at him. He chuckled and smiled sweetly at you. You couldn’t help but smile back. “Now go. I have to get inside now.”

Kai slowly walked away. You watched for the second time as he disappeared around the corner. With a sigh of content, you lifted up your box and went inside the classroom.

 

---

 

“What? We all have to sleep in that one room? C’mon Chanchan, can’t I sleep with you in your room?” Sehun requested with batting eyelashes.

You shook your head furiously “NO! No boys allowed in my room. If you don’t want to sleep with your hyungs then you might as well sleep on the couch.”

“Yah! Couch is mine. I ain’t sleeping with those dimwits.” Chanyeol groaned as he slammed his onto the couch.

“B-but Chanchan I don’t wanna sleep with the hyungs. I wanna sleep with you.” Sehun insisted as he tugged on your arm. You rolled your eyes and shook your head in frustration.

“Sehunnie, Mimi is a girl and she needs her privacy.” Suho said as he flipped through the channels on T.V. He patted a vacant spot on the couch, beckoning Sehun to sit with him “Come watch T.V. with your favorite hyung.” You nodded in agreement. Sehun pouted and stomped towards the couch. “Fine.” “Yaaaah, I feel all iffy now. I told you guys the couch is mine!” Chanyeol grunted. You chortled and took a seat on the other small sofa.

“Suho oppa, where are the others?” you asked warily.

“Ah, Kyungsoo is taking a nap in our room. I sent Kai and Baekhyun to go to the market and buy some ingredients. I’m making something special tonight.” He winked and gave you another mesmerizing smile.

Your eyes widened and your mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. “Really? Eh…where did you get the money then? I haven’t gotten my pay yet and the money my aun-“ “No need to worry, I gave them the pocket money we brought.” Suho interjected.

Your face softened. “I see…thank you. I’ll pay you back.” Suho shook his head “No need, didn’t I tell you that you don’t need to worry about financial stuff?” You nodded hesitantly. He patted your head “Good dongsaeng.”

“I’M SO HUNGRY. WHERE THE IS KAI AND BAEKHYUN???” Chanyeol roared as he swiftly got up from the couch.

You, Suho and Sehun flinched all at the same time. “Chanyeol ah! Don’t use vulgar words around the young ones, especially around a girl like Mimi.” Suho scolded with a firm tone of voice. You were both surprised and impressed at how serious and leader-like Suho acted. Chanyeol pouted and dropped his shoulders. “Sorry, Channie.” He said with an apologetic smile.

*Channie huh?* You offered him a tender smile. “It’s okay. My dad used to curse a lot back whe-“ you stopped talking as soon as you realized you were about to say something about your dad. *Why did I have to mention my dad?* The three boys exchanged glances and gaped at you sympathetically. As if they had known what was running in your mind.

“We’re back.” Baekhyun beamed as he held up a bag of groceries. Kai raised an eyebrow when he sensed the gloomy atmosphere. “What happened here?”

You plastered up a smile on your face and waved your hand dismissively. “Nothing, we were just talking. Now Suho oppa what were you gonna cook for us?”

Suho detected that you didn’t want to talk about it and went along. “I’m cooking my special jjajangmyun recipe!!”

Chanyeol beamed “JJAJANGMYUN?? I love that !”

You chuckled *He really is vulgar*

Kyungsoo had woken up and groggily walked to the living room, rubbing his eyes “What’s with all the noise hyung?”

“Suho hyung’s gonna make jjajangmyun!” he gleefully announced. Kyungsoo’s face lit up. “Jjajangmyun? All right!”

Suho got on with cooking and Baekhyun assisted him. You were in the middle of doing your homework when you smelled the delicious scent of Suho’s special jjajangmyun. You were entranced so you headed off to the kitchen.

“Suho oppa it smells really good!” you beamed.

“It’ll taste even better” he winked.

You smiled and started to set up the plates. Kyungsoo offered to help you. Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun were watching mindless television again.

“Dinner’s ready!” Suho chimed. The other three boys ran to the kitchen table.

“Finally!” Chanyeol moaned as he slumped down on one chair. You chortled and sat down as well. Suho laid out the food on the table.

Suho glanced at you with an expectant look as you took your first bite. You chewed and smiled as you held two thumbs up. Suho’s face brightened “I’m glad you like it!”

The rest were too busy wolfing down on their food to check with you. You swallowed and let out a soft giggle at the scene. *They eat like there’s no tomorrow.*

“SO GOOD! Suho hyung is the best cook” Chanyeol roared as he took huge bites. The others nodded in agreement. Suho blushed and smiled meekly “Oh stop it!” You laughed at how he reacted and continued with eating.

*I can feel myself feeling less lonely around these boys. Thanks mom and dad* you smiled to yourself.

 

 

---

Suho is so kawaii. Lolol. Here's another chapter. Thanks for subscribing and commenting~