Suspicious Email

When You Wish Upon A Website

 

The sun was setting as you were on your way home. You just got back from the school supplies store to buy some materials for a school project. Carrying two huge plastic bags full of supplies, you climbed the stairs all the way to your apartment on the 4th floor. There was no elevator. You tiredly dropped the plastic bags on the floor and started to exercise your arms a bit. “Why do I have to carry such heavy materials all the way up here? This place is so old. An elevator would be nice” you heaved a heavy sigh and unlocked your door.

 

As you came in, you threw the bags on the couch. You walked to the kitchen with the dukbokki you had bought from the streets on your way home. You didn’t have enough money to buy groceries because you bought important materials for your school project.

 

While you were in the middle of devouring your dinner, the telephone started to ring which only meant one thing.

 

Your aunt called to check up on you and to tell you that she has sent the money via mail. The two of you chatted for a few minutes.

 

“Chanmi ah, I should hang up. My overseas calling card is about to run out of credits now. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye, take care okay?”

 

“Okay auntie, thanks and you take care as well” you said with a sullen tone before you hung up and went back to your dinner.

 

Your aunt took you under her care when your parents had died from a tragic plane accident on their way home from China back when you were in middle school. Your aunt soon got offered a job in the U.S. and so she flew abroad and left you alone. She sends some money to you every month to pay for your tuition and for other necessary things.

 

After dinner, you washed the dishes and went to take a long, hot bath before you faced the horrors of homework and the school project. As you finished taking a bath, you wrapped a towel around your body and stepped out of the bathroom. It was okay to walk around the apartment with only a towel on, you lived alone.

 

As you entered your room, you walked straight to your closet and got changed. After changing, you your heels and your eyes shot wide open. “Since when did my room become such a mess?” you complained to yourself as you picked up some scattered clothes on the floor. You put them all in a hamper and started to tidy up your study table.

 

Your eyes paused for a while on that picture of you and your parents that was right next to your desk lamp. You didn’t like taking the walk on memory lane, especially when it came to that horrible incident a few years ago.

 

The cold winter breeze crept inside your room causing a shiver down your spine. You continued with tidying up some papers and books on your desk and lazily slumped down on your bed. *Gyaaa, so sleepy. I hope homeworks and projects didn’t exist*

 

Heaving a huge sigh, you got up and started on your project. You worked for a good two hours and decided to take a break. You went online to watch some of your favorite k-pop music videos. K-pop made you feel relaxed and at ease.

 

While you were happily munching on cookies and watching videos, a pop-up appeared on your screen saying you’ve got an email. You clicked on it and it led you to your inbox.

 

Subject: CONGRATULATIONS MS. SONG CHAN MI

The email contained a link. http://exoplanet.com.exo

Curiosity got the best of you so you clicked on the link.

A website appeared with this on it:

 

Make a wish! EXO PLANET will grant it faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

You’re the lucky winner of EXO Planet’s yearly draw. You win one wish. Follow these three easy steps.

1.      Close your eyes.

2.      Think hard about your wish!

3.      Click on the big button right on the bottom of this email (EXO logo)

Your happiness is just a click away.

 

 

You tilted your head in confusion and curiosity. *What the heck is this?.........EXO Planet? Make a wish?.......I guess there’s nothing to lose if I try * you tapped on your chin with a hum.

 

You closed your eyes and thought deeply. *I wish, to not be lonely anymore. I don’t have anything in particular in mind. Just please, stop the loneliness. I feel so alone* You felt silly actually believing in it but you still kind of hoped it was real.  

 

Slowly, you moved your cursor over to the weird logo. “Here goes nothing.” You squeezed your eyes shut and clicked on it. After a few seconds, you opened your eyes and peered at the screen. You saw that the mysterious website and email had disappeared, along with all the messages in your inbox.

 

“Great. I knew it was a virus ugh. How can you be so gullible Chanmi you stupid idiot” you continued to curse yourself as you turned off your laptop.

 

You tried to forget about your stupidity as you continued to work on your project. An hour had passed and you grew really sleepy. Groggily, you walked to your bed and collapsed on it. You mumbled “EXO Planet huh? What a bunch of bull” before you finally fell into a deep slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

---

Annyeong! Here's the first chapter. I hope you enjoy. Look forward to the next chapters arasso?

Lol I at making the poster