Chapter 11

Invidiam

                Thunder was the first one to wake up and saw that he was really close to Sorotsu who was being held by Joon. His hand was on her arm and he quickly removed it and sighed. He grabbed his blankets and took them to his room and then jumped in the shower. As he closed the bathroom door it woke up Mir. He rolled over groaning. He felt fine but it was just too early to wake up. He saw Joon cuddling Sorotsu and grinned. He reached up and hit Seunghos’ foot. Seungho rolled over looking at him sleepily. “What, Mir?” Mir grinned and pointed at the two in the middle of the floor. Seungho smiled. G.O opened his eyes and quickly covered his head with his pillow.

                “It’s to bright… Turn off the sun.” he mumbled through the pillow on his face. The other two laughed and that woke up Joon. He saw Sorotsu asleep in his arms, lying on her back. He grinned ear to ear and squeezed her close. She moved her head a little to the side. Seungho hit Joon in the back of the head “Don’t wake her up! Let’s make her breakfast.” G.O groaned. “You guys do it… I’m hiding from the sun he said as he got up and stumbled to his room.” They laughed at him. Mir collected the extra blankets and heard the shower. “Thunder got the shower first.” He said pouting. Joon slowly got up trying not to wake her up.

                Seungho started getting the eggs and stuff out. Joon started making toast. Mir sat on the couch, there wasn’t enough space for everyone in the kitchen. “Tell me when to set the table!”  He laughed. Joon called from the kitchen “Just get it now.” Mir did as he was told. Breakfast was done pretty quickly. They only made 5 plates; they expected G.O to not come out any time soon. Thunder takes long showers but they made a plate for him anyways.

                Seungho and Mir watched Joon creep up slowly to Sorotsu to wake her up. They didn’t know if she would be like G.O or be perfectly fine when she got up. Joon called into her ear “Sorotsu! Wake up!” She crinkled her face and rubbed her eyes causing the boys to all cringe at the adorableness. She rolled over and put the hood back on her head “I don’t wanna get up yet.” she said trying to hide under the blankets. Joon started giggling and waving his hands around. She was even aegyo when she was waking up. “We made you breakfast!” Mir called to her from the table.

                She instantly opened her eyes and sat up smiling. “Well why didn’t you say that earlier?” she said grinning and crawling over to the breakfast table. Joon danced around as the other two boys laughed. He sat behind her and wrapped his arms around her. “Good Morning!” he said putting his head on her shoulder. She smiled and leaned her head on his. He then moved to sit next to her. He smiled as she took a bite of toast. Suddenly she remembered what happened in the bathroom last night. Her facial expression changed noticeably. The boys noticed.

                Seungho looked at her curiously “What’s wrong? Does it taste bad?” he said looking at her food. She shook her head flustered “Oh no! That’s not it!” she looked around and decided to change the subject “Where is G.O-oppa and Thunder-oppa?” she asked looking back at her food. Mir smiled “Thunder is in the shower and G.O-hyung is hiding from the Sun.” she laughed at that and kept eating trying not to act to different.

                Once they all finished eating she helped Seungho with the dishes as Mir cleaned up the table and Joon went and changed his clothes. “Thanks for breakfast, Seungho-oppa.” She smiled. He laughed and gave her a side hug. “It’s no problem.” He said leaving the kitchen. She decided that she should probably change back into her clothes. She could still hear Thunder in the shower, so she couldn’t change in the bathroom.

                She sat on the couch holding her clothes. Mir saw and dragged her to his room. “Here you can change in here!” he said closing the door and leaving her in there. She laughed and looked around. She saw that he had a lot of manga and Pororo stuff. She smiled and made sure the door was closed and changed into her normal clothes.

                When she got back to the living room Mir smiled and went back into his room, she assumed to change his clothes. She was left alone with Joon who was smiling at her. He wrapped his arms around her and sighed. “Thank you for staying last night. I’m sorry you had to sleep on the floor surrounded by guys.” She held him back and laughed. “I had fun, but next time I come over, lets not drink.” She said remembering what Thunder did. Joon laughed, he thought she was talking about him passing out. “Alright, no drinking next time. We don’t usually drink much anyways.” He said grinning. She looked up at him “I should probably go home and clean up.” Joon nodded and realized she was wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

                “Wait here!” he said running to his room. He came back with an MBLAQ hoodie. “Wear this so they don’t know you have the same clothes on.” She remembered that she would probably be photographed once she got outside. Joon went and called a cab to make sure one would be waiting for her outside.  “It will be here in about five minutes.” He said kissing her on the cheek. Normally she would have blushed and smiled but this time she just smiled and felt awkward. She felt guilty about Thunder kissing her last night and she wasn’t sure how to tell Joon. She didn’t want to cause any problems with MBLAQ. She decided that she should go home and call Kai and ask him what to do since he was also in a group. She hugged him tightly and mumbled into his chest. “I will come back later if you want me too.”

                Joon squeezed her back and kissed her forehead. “Of course you can!” She smiled. She really did love Joon. That was the first time she thought that. She loved him as boyfriend and girlfriend, not only as a fan loves an idol. This made her feel even worse about what happened last night. She smiled at him “The taxi is probably waiting for me now.” Joon walked with her all the way to the elevator. He wanted to go down with her too but the photographers might notice him so he decided against it.

                Once in the elevator she messed up her hair frustrated. “What do I do?!?!” She was flustered and had no idea how to tell him about what happened. She put up the hood once she got in the lobby and bumped into someone. She looked up and apologized. He was an older guy she recognized but didn’t know where from. He smiled and looked under her hood. “Oh! It’s you! G.O texted me saying that you stayed over last night. I thought that I would come over and make sure nothing bad happened.” She looked at him wide-eyed and realized this was their new manager. She saw his picture on a news story about him.

                “Here, I will help you get out.” He smiled. She laughed and was glad she bumped into him and not some photographer. He looked around and put his jacket on her over the hoodie and walked her out to the taxi. No one bothered to take her photo, much to her relief. They were waiting for a girl to come out and she effectively looked like a young boy with this over sized jacket on. She thanked him as he opened the cab door for her. “I’ll see you later!” he said as she handed his coat back. He kept waving at the cab as it drove off.

                She put the hood down and looked at her phone. It was almost dead. She wanted to call Kai now but she had to wait. She got home and plugged her phone in and jumped in the shower.

                Thunder had been in the shower for almost an hour now. The water was starting to get cold but he didn’t care. He had to figure out what to do. He knew he should tell Joon but he didn’t know how he would react. If he was in Joon’s place he would beat the crap out of him. He decided that he deserved it and should just take any punishment Joon wanted to give him.

                He washed his hair and then finally started to scrub his body. He scrubbed everywhere and rinsed the bubbles off in the water as it ran down his back and legs. He turned to the front and closed his eyes and let the water shower down his chest and abs. He rinsed his face and got out, wrapping a towel around his waist. He put a towel on top of his head so it was just hanging down. He peeked out of the door and saw Joon coming back in the door by himself and Seungho coming out of his room. “Is Sorotsu gone already?” he called from the bathroom. Seungho nodded as he walked past.

                Thunder didn’t want to look at Joon yet and he hurried to his room. He quickly got dressed and dried his hair. He took a deep breath and laid back on his bed, trying to decide how to tell Joon. He sat up and decided to just put himself at his mercy.

                He walked to the living room where Joon was sitting on the couch with Seungho. He kneeled in front of Joon and leaned down in a submissive pose. Joon and Seungho looked at each other confused. “What are you doing?” Joon asked very confused. He didn’t look up and just came out with it “I’m really sorry. I kissed Sorotsu last night.”

                Both Joon and Seungho were staring at him in shock. Joon just blinked a few times “Wh… What?” he stuttered out. Thunder continued “I was sick and she helped me. Then when I got up off the floor I stood up too fast and almost fell on her but I caught myself. Our faces were so close and I don’t know what came over me, but I kissed her. Then I apologized and ran away. It was all my fault.” Joon clenched his hands into fists and stood up. “Stand up.” He demanded Thunder. He stood up slowly and bowed again. “I’m so sorry Hyung.” Joon clenched his teeth “Stand up straight.” Thunder did as he was told. As soon as he stood up Joon punched him in the stomach. He knew not to punch his face, since they were idols.

                Thunder fell to the ground with the air knocked out of him. Joon grabbed his shirt and whispered into his ear. “If you ever do that again, I won’t forgive you like this time. Never. Again.”

                The door opened as Joon let go of his shirt and the manager walked in. He stormed right past him and slammed his bedroom door behind him. The manager looked at Thunder on the floor and Seungho with wide eyes. “What’s going on here?” the manager asked the oldest. Thunder gasped for air and just continued to lay there. Seungho sighed “He kissed Joon’s girlfriend.” The manager just nodded. “Is it all settled now, or do I have to go fix things?” Seungho sat back and watched the TV “It’s all settled unless it happens again. Then you will probably need to find a new visual or restrain Joon.” The manager just nodded and checked Thunder who nodded that he was fine and sat up against the wall breathing heavily. The manager just sat on the couch with Seungho.

                Sorotsu got out of the shower and got dressed. She went straight to her phone and decided it was charged enough and immediately called Kai. She really hoped that he would answer. It was about 11am so he might already be on schedule. After five or six rings a voice, who wasn’t Kai, answered “Noona!!!!” said a deep cheery voice. “Kai is doing a photo shoot right now. Guess what!” before she could even speak he continued anyways. “We are shooting with EXO-M today too!!” she laughed and could hear a couple of low voices in the background. One was wondering why Chanyeol’s older sister was calling Kai’s phone and the other lower one was mumbling about how Noona applies to just any older girl, not necessarily his actual sister.

“So do you know when Kai’s section gets done?” Chanyeol sighed “He just started. I can talk to you if you want.” He said sounding cheerful. “Or is it something private about Joon?” The two voices in the background all of a sudden got quiet. She heard the lower voice whisper at Chanyeol “Is that Sorotsu?” Chanyeol laughed and nodded. “So do you want to call back or…?” he trailed off waiting for an answer. She sighed and decided that Chanyeol would do. “I have a question to ask you.” He sat up obviously paying attention and the other two laughed at him. “Lets say that another member of your group kissed Kai but apologized and ran off right away and you dint know about it. Would you want Kai to tell you?” Chanyeol gasped. “What?! Did that happen!?” She laughed “No. A situation like that happened to me and I don’t know what to do.”

He almost stood up but composed himself and turned away from the other two and attempted to whisper into the phone, but failed. “Someone else kissed you!? I don’t know what you should do either!” he looked around desperately. “I wish Kai would hurry up and finish.” She sighed and the lower voice from the background started talking “Chanyeol? Is something wrong?” She was about to tell him not to say anything but he automatically turned to him “Kris-hyung! What would you do if your friend kissed your girlfriend? Would you want to know about it right away?” She heard a crinkling noise when the lower voice, which she now knew belonged to Kris, started talking into the phone.

“If one of your boyfriends friends kissed you, you should tell the friend that he needs to tell him or you will. It would be better for everyone if he told him instead of you.” She was wide eyed. She had never spoken to Kris before and here he was giving her advice over the phone. Idols really were amazing people. She sighed and mumbled in English, thinking she wasn’t heard. “Why did this have to happen to me?” she heard Kris laugh in his deep voice and he replied in English “It happens quite often. Guys settle things better when the friend says it instead of the girlfriend though.” She had forgotten that he knew English.

She could hear Chanyeol in the background in Korean “Tao! Noona knows English!?” The other voice laughed. She realized that was Tao. Kris started speaking Korean again “I hope that helps you… Noona?” he guessed. He had no idea how old she was. She started laughing “Ah! No, no, no! You are my Oppa! I was born in 91!” Kris laughed. “Sorry, Sorotsu-ssi.” She was shocked that he knew her name. “You know my name?” he laughed “You and Joon are all over TV. The news even reached China.” She sighed. “Well thank you Kris-oppa.” He smiled “You should go tell that guy to tell Joon before it takes any longer. The longer you wait the worse it will be. I will tell Kai you called. Good Bye.”

He hung up the phone before she could say bye. She laughed awkwardly and slipped her shoes back on and ran to catch a cab. Once she got to the dorms, the photographers started to take a bunch of pictures of her. She smiled and looked down at the ground. They didn’t follow her into the lobby, luckily. She pushed the button for the elevator and when it opened she was shocked to see Thunder sitting in there alone.

“Sanghyun-oppa?” she said startling him. He looked up at her with his eyes opened wide. He wasn’t expecting her to still call him that. “Why are you sitting in the elevator?” He sighed and stood up. “I told Joon what I did and he punched me in the stomach. I assumed he wouldn’t want to see my face for a while so I came and sat in here.” She sighed relieved. “I came here to tell you that we should tell him, I’m so glad you already did. I was worried how I would ask you to do that. Are you alright though?” she said walking into the elevator and pushing the button for his floor.

He nodded. “I just got the air knocked out of me for a while. I really am sorry I kissed you.” He said avoiding eye contact. She smiled “It’s alright. You did the right thing by telling him. I was so flustered this morning I must have seemed odd so I came to apologize to Joon.” He laughed a little. He thought it was ridiculous that she was planning on apologizing for something he did. He decided that he was going to follow her into the dorm and not let her apologize.

He let her into the dorm. The manager, Seungho and a grumpy G.O were sitting on the couch and Mir was lying on the floor. Joon came out of the bathroom and saw Sorotsu and smiled, and then he saw Thunder behind her and glared at him. She smiled and ran over and hugged Joon “Joon! I came to apologize for acting weird this morning. I also hear that he told you what happened and I wanted to apolo…” Thunder didn’t let her finish. “She shouldn’t have to apologize for what I did. She was only trying to help me and I did something I shouldn’t have.” Joon hugged her tightly still glaring at Thunder.

“He’s right. Don’t apologize for him. We already settled it.” He kissed her on the forehead. She looked up at him. “I still feel bad.” She said causing Thunder to look down at the ground, ashamed. He walked past them and went into his room. Joon smiled down at Sorotsu “Just act like it was all because of the Soju. You don’t need to worry about it anymore. He told me everything that happened.” He led her into the living room. Everyone tried to look back like they weren’t watching. Mir waved at her and the manager smiled standing up. “Ah! Sorotsu! You saved me a phone call.”

She looked at the manager confused. “Did you lose something out of your jacket earlier or something?” she asked concerned. He laughed. “No, no, nothing like that. A lot of shows have been asking me if you were willing to go onto their shows as well. I thought I should at least ask you before turning them all down.”  She stared at him astonished. “Huh?! Shows want me?!” he laughed and nodded. “Not just you, they want both you and Joon.” Joon lit up and got excited. She laughed awkwardly. “Isn’t that a bit odd?”  The manager nodded “It would be odd in normal circumstances, but because of how Joon used the media to find you, you guys are already a very public couple. Since these boys are all so excited over you, everyone wants to see why.”

Mir laughed “Going on TV is fun! You should do it!” G.O scowled and went to the kitchen to take pain reliever for his head; everyone was being too loud for him now. She looked at Joon who was really excited. “How many offers did she get, and from who?” The manager laughed and looked at his phone. “You guys have offers from SuKiRa, which I suggest you guys go on first. A couple sports show, I don’t think you guys should do that one. Happy Together wants you guys too. Also Mnet offered to have a televised wedding event to promote summer weddings; I think they want you guys to have a mock wedding.”

Joon grinned and laughed. “A wedding? It’s been less then two weeks since we met!” The manager nodded. “They know that. Everyone knows that. That’s why I said mock wedding.” She nodded and sat on the couch thinking. “I agree that we should do SuKiRa and I like Happy Together.” She said sighing.  Joon clapped and sat down next to her. “That settles it! We will do all of the ones that you think we should do Manager-hyung.” She smiled awkwardly.

                The manager smiled and sat down texting these people back. “I’m saying you will do all of them except the couple sports one.” Within minutes his phone started ringing. He smiled and left the dorm. Mir sat on the other side of her as Joon put his arm around her. “You really are going to be a celebrity now! Just like us! Congratulations!” he said hugging her. Seungho congratulated her as G.O finally came back; his head ache was finally gone. “So it looks like we get to watch you walk down the isle.” He said laughing. Mir laughed “Good thing it’s a mock wedding or else our fans would be really sad.” She sighed as Joon nodded.

                Seunghos’ phone went off. He looked at it and he had a text from the manager. “Sorotsu, The manager wants you to meet him downstairs. He has to take you shopping for clothes to wear on TV and he says Joon can’t come.” Joon sat there pouting. She nodded and tried to stand up but Joon grabbed her around the waist and pulled her onto his lap and hugged her. “Have fun!” he said kissing the back of her neck. She laughed and blushed as she stood up. She walked to the front door looking at Thunders bedroom door, worried, as she left.

                The manager was waiting in the lobby for her. There were more photographers outside now that they knew she was there. The manager smiled at her “Don’t worry. I will take care of you. My name is Byoungki by the way.” He said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and covered her head as he pushed through the people crowding them. He led her to a black van and climbed in after her. They went shopping and all the while the manager was explaining to her how to act on TV, things she could and couldn’t say. How to make them interested in her and to make sure she didn’t mention anything about how the boys act when they drink.

                After he bought her clothes, ones she never even imagined she could afford, he took her to the salon. It was one that she knew had a lot of Idol’s for clients. They saw the manager and recognized her from the photos that were going around and she automatically got put for next on the list. She sat next to the manager in the waiting area when his phone rang. He excused himself and went to a back room where it was quieter.

                One of the stylists called her back and she looked around almost panicked for the manager. He was still in the back. She got up and followed the lady who looked about 30. “I’m Hyelin, I will be your stylist today.” She said smiling. She sat her down in a chair and handed her a warm towel. “Leave this on your face for five minutes.” She said walking away.

                Sorotsu did as she was told and sighed. She has never been to this fancy of a place before. A girl’s voice from the other chair said “I don’t see why they automatically assume we always want the warm towels for our faces.” Sorotsu laughed. “I’ve never been here before so I’m nervous.” The voice sounded curious “Oh! Are you a trainee somewhere?” Sorotsu laughed “Oh, No! I just have to go on TV soon for the first time. Byoungki-oppa brought me here.” The other girl peeked out from under her towel. “Byoungki-oppa, As in Mir-ssi’s manager?” Sorotsu nodded. “Yeah, you know Mir-ssi?” The other girl laughed and took her towel off her face. “Of course I do! I’m Go Eun Ha!.”

                Sorotsu sat up so quickly that the towel fell off of her face. Eun Ha laughed “You must be the infamous Sorotsu that Joon-ssi has thrown into the spot light.” Sorotsu nodded shyly. “Yeah, I’m Sorotsu. It’s nice to meet you.” Eun Ha smiled at her. “You are pretty cute. I can see why all those boys like you so much.” She blushed at the sudden compliment. “Thank you! You are really pretty too.” She smiled as the manager came in “Oh! Eun Ha, I didn’t know you would be here!” he said smiling. “Byoungki-oppa! It’s nice to see you again. I hope my brother isn’t causing you too much trouble.” He shook his head “Not at all! Sorotsu here has made them all eager to work so they can get to see her sooner.”

                She blushed as the manager and actress talked. The stylist came back and started talking to the manager. He said not to cut Sorotsu’s hair but to treat it and treat her face and remove any extra hair from anywhere. She understood and went to go get the needed supplies. The actress looked at Sorotsu with a pained expression on her face and smiled at her. She stood up and put her hand on her shoulder. “Good luck! The trick is to make sure you use a cold towel after the laser instead of the warm one they give you. It keeps your skin from puffing up.” Sorotsu went wide eyed when she said laser. The actress left and the manager sat in the chair that she was sitting in.

                “It should only take about an hour.” He said smiling. “Laser?” she whispered. He laughed “It sounds scarier then it really is. It will just feel a bit warm.” He stood up as the stylist came back. “I will be back when she is finished.” The stylist smiled at her. She did a scalp and hair conditioning treatment and then moved on to using the laser to even out her eye brows and on her upper lip, even though she said that it wouldn’t need the treatment but its better to be safe then sorry. Then she took Sorotsu into a back room and used the laser on her arm pits, legs and bikini area. When she finally finished, Sorotsu felt like a hairless cat. They went back to the chair and the stylist put a bunch of creams together and rubbed them into her face and covered it with a face pack. After a few minutes she took off the face pack and washed her face. Sorotsu looked at the clock and it had been almost two hours. The stylist looked at her and smiled “Well, you’re all finished!” she held a mirror up to Sorotsu; she looked like she was glowing. She was really pale, now that her face was completely clean, she was even paler. “You are lucky to have such light skin!” Sorotsu smiled and thanked her and went to find the manager.

                The manager saw her and grinned. “Joon is going to be really happy when he sees you!” She blushed and looked down “Thank you.” He chuckled and put his arm around her shoulders once again and led her out to the van. “I should thank you. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t get to be MBLAQ’s manager and they wouldn’t be anywhere near as wanted as they are now.” She smiled. “You must be tired. I will take you home.”

                Byoungki took her home and carried all the bags in for her. He looked around her house and smiled. He could see how the boys would like it here. It felt like an actual home instead of just a dorm full of guys. He excused himself and left her home alone. She sighed and plopped down on her couch. She looked at her phone and thought about calling Kai back.  It’s been about four hours. She wondered if they were still at their photo shoot.

                She sat up and dialed his number again. After a couple rings Kai actually answered this time “Hey Noona! I heard about what happened. Did everything go alright?” She heard the voices in the background suddenly stop talking. She laughed “Yeah. His friend told him before I even got there. Everything is all good now. I figured I should call to tell you that so you wouldn’t worry. Tell Kris-oppa thank you for me!” Kai laughed “Ah! So it was Kris-hyung you gave you advice, I was worried that Chanyeol-hyung tried to give you advice.” Everyone laughed and she could hear Chanyeol say “Hey!” “No, it was Kris-oppa. Everything is all good now. Apparently TV shows want me to come on them now! Mnet wants me and Joon to do a mock wedding. I had to go get lasered and a bunch of other stuff done to me at the stylists. I just got back and I feel like a hairless cat.”

                Kai laughed “Yeah they do things like that to you. Good luck on your TV shows. Fighting!” She could hear random guy voices in the background shouting things like ‘Fighting!’ and ‘Good luck noona!’ she smiled and laughed. EXO was really nice. “Tell them all thanks for me.” Kai laughed “How about I put it on speaker phone and you say it your self?” she could hear Chanyeol overly excited. “Alright, you are on speaker phone now. All twelve of us can hear you.” She laughed awkwardly “All of you!” she could hear some giggling and some deeper laughs with random hellos and even a ‘Ni Hao’ was thrown in. “Thank you all! EXO FIGHTING!” she said giggling. She heard whispering but couldn’t quite make it out. She heard a couple of them clear their throats.

                “HELLO! WE ARE ONE! EXO! THANK YOU!” they all said it in unison. She about exploded. She doubted that anyone has ever gotten the EXO greeting just to themselves like that. She squeaked and flailed around laughing. “Ahhhh!! Thank you!!!” those were the only words she could manage to get out. A girls voice came “EXO, you are needed on set!” Some of the members replied to her then they all yelled out Bye at random. Kai took the phone off of speaker. “Noona, we have to go now! Bye!” She flailed around as he hung up. She started dancing around her living room, completely forgetting the un-comfortableness from the laser. She heard someone knock on her door.

                She calmed down and opened the door. A man was standing there with a big hat, scarf and hoodie on. He even had sunglasses on. She stared at him confused when he took off the sunglasses and it was Thunder standing there, by himself.