Chapter 7

Invidiam

                Sorotsu was sitting on her couch watching a talk show that Thunder and Mir were on and eating cereal. They were almost like fan boys when it came to asking about her. It had been about a week since she had seen Joon or any other members of MBLAQ, because of her and Joon’s stunt to find her; they were one of the most sought after idols for talk and variety shows. She of course, watched every one of them. The message boards still weren’t sure what she looked like and a lot of them said that with how the members of the band were so excited about her, that she could just as easily be dating all of them. Joon was texting her as often as he could and called her every night if he could. He said that Thunder and Mir were continuously bothering him for her number. She felt like she just got a whole bunch of older brothers along with her boyfriend. She was in heaven. Kai was calling every once in a while and he said that there was someone he was starting to like but wouldn’t give her any details.

“HUUUH, HUUUH, HUUUH, MBLAQ”

                She had set the intro to Y as her text tone for when Joon texted. His text said ‘I only have morning schedule today! I can see you today! Let’s go on a date!! <3” She choked on her cereal trying not to spit it out and texted him back “Okay! Let’s do whatever you want to do.” She was trying to sound calm about it. She gulped down the rest of her cereal and ran to her shower. It was still only 9am but she wanted to look her best. She showered, scrubbing everywhere and shaving and washed her hair twice without even noticing. She got out and wrapped her hair up in a towel and wrapped a towel around herself and the radio. MBLAQ was getting a lot more plays lately. Run was playing as she sorted through her clothes to try and figure out what to wear.

                She ended up choosing an army green skirt that went to her mid thighs and a black and white striped sweater with blue strings keeping the sleeves attached and it had buttons on the shoulder that she left ed that revealed the white tank top underneath it. She thought about wearing the green industrial fishnet tights underneath it but decided not to. She knew that Joon liked long straight hair so she just brushed her hair and left it down. She wanted to put on makeup but she wasn’t very good at it so she decided against it.

                She paced around her house for what seemed like forever. She was so nervous that she dint even notice what songs the radio was playing anymore. She checked how she looked in the mirror about a million times.

                Around noon, there was a knock on the door. She ran to a mirror and checked her hair once again and then ran to the door and took a deep breath before opening it.

                She was face to face with a giant teddy bear. She started laughing. Joon sure knew how to make someone laugh. He peeked out from behind the bears head with his silly grin on his face. She smiled back and moved to the side so he could bring the bear inside. He set it down on the couch and it took up an entire cushion. He turned to Sorotsu and caressed her cheek “Because of you, my heart wouldn’t stop fluttering all week.” She turned red and smiled so hard she thought her cheeks were going to fall off of her face. Joon finally noticed what she was wearing. “You look amazing! I love your sweater, where did you get it from?” she smiled. Not many boyfriends would ask that question. “I got the sweater from a friend of my moms and altered the sleeves myself.” She felt really embarrassed to tell him that. He grinned ear to ear and hugged her. “Aww!! You are talented too!” she laughed. He was so carefree and fun, she was really happy with him.  

                “Are you ready to go?” Joon asked. She smiled and grabbed her bag and slid her shoes on. “Yeah, where are we going?” his only answer was to grin ear to ear and ask “Are you ready to go public? There is no doubt that we will be photographed.” She smiled and grabbed his hand “I’m ok with it if you are.” Joon smiled and kissed her forehead. “Let’s go play!” she laughed as he pulled her out to the cab that was waiting for them.

                Joon whispered to the cab driver and smiled back at Sorotsu. He wanted today to be full of surprises. He worked hard on trying to figure out a first date that would surpass the day they met. He was determined to make her happy.

                He didn’t say anything at all the entire time they were in the cab. He just held her hand and kept looking at her smiling. He was so excited that he thought he would explode if he tried to talk. Sorotsu kept looking out the window trying to figure out where they were going and looking back at Joon laughing at the grin on his face. The taxi turned a corner and Sorotsu knew where they were going. He brought her to a theme park. She grinned and got excited. She had never been to a theme park on a date before. In fact most of her dates were to movie theaters and restaurants. The cab stopped by the front gate and Sorotsu was about to open the door when Joon stopped her. “Wait here a moment.” He said as he paid the cab driver. He got out and closed the door behind him. He ran to Sorotsu’s door and opened it and held his hand out to her. “My lady.” He said making a fake serious face. She smiled and grabbed his hand causing his dorky smile to appear back on his face.

                He helped her out of the car and held her hand standing next to her “Are you sure you’re ready for this?” he said looking a little worried. Some fans had already noticed Joon and started taking pictures as the cab drove away. Sorotsu smiled and nodded. He smiled again and ran up to the gate dragging her along with him. He bought the tickets and laughed “Let’s go!” He said as they entered the park. He took her to the gift shop first and bought her furry black bunny ears that flashed three different colors in the middle and got him self a matching pair. She laughed, she never expected couple headbands. Granted these weren’t normal couple headbands, these were just ones that Joon wanted. She loved them though. They reminded her of the Matoki for BAP. Joon of course looked adorable in everything. She thought so at least.

                They moved on towards the map of the rides. “Lets just stay away from the water rides; we spent enough time in the water since we met.” They both started laughing. The first day they met, they had to wade through a pond, and then the next day they played in the rain. She agreed and started noticing that people were taking photos. She saw that Joon noticed too and he grabbed her hand. “Well we are already a scandal. Might as well do what ever we want then.” He said smiling. He led her to the jungle ride and they waited in line for the next turn.

                Fans started asking for pictures with Joon and since they were just waiting in line he said alright. Some fans even wanted Sorotsu in the photos with them. She was starting to feel like a celebrity herself. Strangers had never asked to take pictures with her before. Before long it was their turn to get on the ride. They waved at the fans and took their seats in the boat that would follow a river course through a fake jungle full of animatronic animals. This ride was based off the much bigger one at Disney land. Instead of being in large boats with a human guide this one had boats set for 2-4 people and a recorded guide voice playing through speakers on the sides of the boat. Since Joon was an idol and the ride operator saw all the fans trying to take pictures with them, he let them have one to themselves.

                Joon and Sorotsu smiled at the ride operator. Joon put his arm around her shoulders and decided to make his own narration about what the animals were doing. First thing they came up to was a scene of ancient ruins with a giant toucan perched on top as a giant spider crawls down the wall. A Bengal tiger lies down lazily under a tree as a cobra and crocodile fight it out at the shore. Joon narrates it as “See that bird, he is just watching as that spider is preparing to attack the tiger and the crocodile over there, he stole the cobras’ girl friend so they are fighting to the death for it.”  Sorotsu was laughing really hard as Joon pulled her closer, preparing to explain the next scene to her.

                The next scene was a herd of Indian elephants at a watering hole. Joon saw that they were spitting water at the passing boats. Both of them stared wide eyed and then laughed as they got sprayed. “I guess we just can’t escape the water when we are together, huh.” Sorotsu said laughing. They were laughing too much for him to narrate the elephants.

                Then they passed a family of baboons watching over a camp over run with gorillas. Joon laughed and whispered his narration to make it sound more dramatic “These gorillas are just camping minding their own business but these baboons are jealous of their tents and want to get on for themselves. I wonder what would happen if they actually got brave enough to steal one.” Sorotsu leaned on his shoulder laughing really hard so no sound was coming out. Joon lit up as she did that and felt a sense of pride.

                The next scene was a couple of wildebeest and giraffes watching a couple if lioness’s feeding on a zebra on a rock. Joon started to narrate again. “Here we have the giraffes and wildebeests that came to see simba be introduced to the kingdom but they showed up to early and are stuck having to watch them eat a zebra. They must be horrified! If they were any earlier then they could have been dinner.” She started giggling as Joon just beamed. This was so much more fun then he thought it was. He loved hearing her laugh and seeing her smile. Knowing that he caused these beautiful things to happen caused him to be really proud of himself. He couldn’t contain himself anymore and hugged her close. He kissed her forehead. He really wanted to kiss her lips but he didn’t know if anyone was photographing them. He knew that those kinds of kisses weren’t so good for idols to do in public, especially on a first date. Sorotsu smiled and hugged him back.

                The next scene was the last scene has a bunch of warning signs, warning the presence of piranhas and natives. Some piranhas jumped out of the water and some natives were chanting something around a fireplace. Then a shrunken head dealer waved some shrunken heads towards them and offered “I will give you two of mine for one of yours!” and laughed an evil laugh. Joon didn’t narrate this one. He just hugged Sorotsu’s head and yelled at the animatronic native “Her head is mine!! No one can take her from me!” She blushed and laughed. She put her hand around his arm in front of her face and yelled “Yeah! His head is mine too!! You will have to go through me first!” That caused Joon to giggle and hug her tighter, shaking her. He was so excited.

They got off the ride laughing really hard. Fans were waiting at the exit to the ride and took pictures of Joon with his arm still around her shoulders and them laughing together. The fans had a look of a mixture of happy and jealousy. They just kept taking pictures of them but at the same time respecting their space. They weren’t quite sure how to act when an idol was with their significant other. It didn’t happen that often.

Joon turned to Sorotsu “Are you hungry? I want a funnel cake!” she smiled and nodded. He walked up to the cart with funnel cakes and got one with powdered sugar on it. He turned down the strawberry topping. Then he handed the cake to Sorotsu and ran to another cart and got one cup of strawberry ice cream with two spoons. Then ran back to her and led her to a table that only has two seats. He pulled out the chair for her and she sat down putting the funnel cake on the table. He set the ice cream down next to it and sat across from her and rested his head on his hands and smiled.

She smiled back and ripped off a piece of the funnel cake and ate it. She closed her eyes and smiled as she did. That caused Joon to wiggle around in his seat. Fans were still taking pictures from a little ways away. He grinned and ripped off a piece himself, he put a spoonful of the strawberry ice cream on it and then ate it. “Does that taste good?” Sorotsu said curiously, she had never seen anyone eat a funnel cake like that before. Joon smiled “It does! Do you want to try it?” She laughed “Sure.” She reached for the funnel cake but he pulled it away.

He smiled and ripped off a piece and put ice cream on top of it and reached across the table with his right hand “Say ahh!” he said smirking. His smirk made her forget that they were being photographed and opened and ate it. Joon’s fingers touched her lips and she heard some of the fan girls sigh and others scream in excitement. She realized that this was probably like watching a drama in real life for these girls. She was living some of their dreams. As her lips wrapped around the top section of his index finger and part of his thumb and pulled away, his face went blank and he hesitated and kept his hand there in the air a little longer then he should have. He slowly blushed and stared blankly at his hand as he slowly put it down.

Sorotsu looked at him confused “Are you ok?” she laughed as he snapped back to attention. He laughed as he put his left hand behind his head carefully making sure that his right index finger and thumb didn’t touch the table “Yeah, that was just the first time I did that without it being a part of acting.” She smiled at him “It was the first time for me too.” She laughed a little as she ate a bite of ice cream and she kept the spoon in longer then needed. Joon smiled lightly “You do that whenever you eat don’t you?” She looked up at him wide eyed; she wasn’t sure what he was talking about. “You leave whatever utensil you are eating with in your mouth longer then you need to.” She smiled and thought about it, she really did do that. She laughed “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I did that.” He laughed “It’s so cute!”

He grabbed a piece of funnel cake with his right hand and ate it without ice cream. He kept his fingers in his mouth a little longer and smiled. The fans squealed at the fact his fingers were in his mouth. Some of them were trying to figure out if that was the same hand he has fed her with, he knew all to well that it was. He smiled at Sorotsu and took his fingers out of his mouth and laughed “The fans act like they are watching a drama. This is entertaining.” She laughed “I feel like I’m living in one.” Joon grabbed her hands and looked right into her eyes, the fans gasped. “I don’t want this day to ever end.” Some of the fans covered their faces and others awed at them. Sorotsu smiled and turned slightly pink “Me either.” Joon stood up and threw away the rest of the funnel cake and ice cream. He offered his hand to Sorotsu “You want to go back?”  She smiled and took his hand and let him lead the way to the exit. Fans kept taking pictures of them holding hands.

They got in a cab and Joon put his arm around her shoulders again. She rested her head on his shoulder. Joon told the driver where to go and leaned his head on top of hers. They just sat like that all the way back to Sorotsu’s house. Joon paid the driver and followed her into her house. She took off her shoes and turned to face him. “Thank you. Today was the most fun I’ve ever had.” Joon smiled as he finished taking his shoes off and wrapped his arms around her and looked over her face, examining every detail and every freckle on her face. His smiling eyes turned intense and caused Sorotsu to open her eyes wider. Joon leaned in and planted a kiss firmly on her lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck as they closed their eyes. This was their first real kiss. They both felt what could only be described as electric butterflies filling every nerve of their body.

Sorotsu tried to pull back but he held her closer and moved his lips slowly against hers. Joon ended up pushing her against the wall that was right behind her. They explored each others lips as she put one hand in his hair. He realized that he was about to lose control. This was technically their first date, he needed to hold back. He was an idol after all. He pulled back opening his eyes and rested his hands on her hips. He smiled as he watched her smile and slowly open her eyes and stare into his intense brown eyes. He laughed a bit as he rested his forehead on hers. “It’s getting late and I have another morning schedule tomorrow. I should probably go back to the dorm.”

It wasn’t really all that late but Joon didn’t trust himself to stay here right now. Going back to the dorm was the most responsible thing he could do right now. She hugged him again and kissed his cheek “OK, I will see you soon?” He was right, he needed to leave. He smiled “I will be back as soon as I can! I will text you.” He knew he shouldn’t but he leaned down and kissed her on the lips again. Her electric butterflies came back but his felt like they caught fire. He wanted her, and wanted her bad. He managed to pull away and blushed at his thoughts. He kissed her forehead again and slid his shoes back on. He waved as he left and closed the door behind him. He caught a taxi and went back to the dorm fanning himself with his hands, trying to calm himself.

She watched the door shut behind him as he left. She slid down the wall and sat on the floor, touching her lips and resting her head against the wall.