Chapter 29

Invidiam

                Eunhyuk and Donghae led Sorotsu to the restaurant. She looked around confused. “Why are we meeting him here in our pajamas?” Donghae smiled and grabbed her shoulders. “It’s where he said to come.” Eunhyuk opened the door for them. Donghae led her to the back and up the stairs. “We are meeting him in the big conference room upstairs, not the restaurant.” Eunhyuk also grabbed her shoulders as they reached the door.

                The door had a sign on it that said “RESERVED” on it in big letters. Then all of the groups who were here had their logo drawn on it and autographs of everyone. There was a sticky note on it with a pen taped to the door. The sticky note said ‘Donghae-ah, Eunhyuk-ah. You must sign this before opening the door. – Leeteuk’

                They looked at each other and shrugged and did as the note said. Sorotsu laughed at the fact they had to sign some random hand made sign on a door. Eunhyuk suddenly hugged her from behind and whispered in her ear as Donghae put his hand on the door handle. “Are you ready?” She didn’t even have time to respond before he covered her eyes.

                She heard Donghae slide the door open and Eunhyuk slowly led her forwards into the room. She heard whispering and mumbling and she instinctively put her hands on the hands covering her eyes. Suddenly someone kissed her on the lips and she heard some giggling and shushing and Eunhyuk pulled his hands away.

                Joon was standing in front of her grinning. “Surprise!” he said moving so she could see everyone in pajamas with a bunch of blankets and pillows piled in one of the corners. There was a long table with a green table cloth covered in snack foods and drinks. The ceiling had Green and Black streamers everywhere and there were Green and White balloons taped in random places. There was a small stage at one end of the room.

                She smiled and hugged Joon. “You did this for me?” Minhyuk came running over to them and leaned on Eunhyuks shoulder. “Sorotsu-ssi! It was our idea actually.” He said grinning and motioning to the two of them. She laughed and hugged the both of them. They both hugged her back and everyone laughed because she disappeared between the two of them.

                Someone music and everyone started spreading out and grabbing blankets and pillows to sit on. Sorotsu sat down with Joon in the middle of the room. Mir, Minzy, and Tao came and sat with them.

                “Noona, do you like the decorations? Kai-ssi said these were your favorite colors.” Tao asked smiling. She nodded. “They are my favorite colors. It looks amazing.” Minzy smiled “The maknaes were in charge of blowing up all of the balloons. Me, Mir-oppa, Tao-ssi, Kai-ssi, Sehun-ssi, Jungshin-oppa, and Ryeowook-oppa had to blow them all up.”

                Sorotsu laughed and pushed Joon playfully. “Making the maknaes do the hard part.” The lights in half of the room turned off and Leeteuk got up on the stage. “Hello everyone! It’s time for the talent show that everyone was waiting for. Now for the rules, if you are going to sing or dance, it can’t be a song from your own group. I understand that you all only had a few short hours to prepare, but I’m sure you all know songs and dances from other groups already. The judges will be Sorotsu-ssi, Eunhyuk-ah, and Donghae-ah since they weren’t able to prepare anything. Will you three please come sit in front of the center of the stage?”

                Sorotsu was suddenly very excited. She had no idea that they prepared all of this. She stood up and took her blanket and sat about ten feet in front of the stage and Eunhyuk and Donghae of course each sat on a side. Leeteuk smiled. “Now everyone settle into your spots for watching. In a little bit our first act will come on.”

                Everyone gathered around and sat with their pillows and blankets. Joon sat right behind Sorotsu and wrapped his arms around her. Once everyone stopped moving around Leeteuk handed out a couple cameras to Minhyuk, Chanyeol, Lay and Dara. He went off to the side and grabbed a box and set it on the side of the stage and pulled out a big plastic microphone. He grinned and took his spot back on stage.

                “Alright! It’s now time to begin. Those of you who I handed cameras to, make sure to take lots of good pictures and hand the camera to someone else when it’s your turn on stage. Our first act is Sungmin and Ryeowook dancing to I Am the Best by 2NE1!” The girls of 2NE1 cheered louder then everyone else as they came on stage and Leeteuk started the song.

                They started out really well and knew the chorus but they quickly got lost and just started dancing around. Everyone was laughing and clapping by the time they finished. Leeteuk came back on stage. “Well that was fun! Next up we have Jonghyun and Minhyuk singing Love U Like U from the Shut Up Flower Boy Band OST.

                Everyone was surprised when Minhyuk brought out a small drum and Jonghyun brought his guitar. Jonghyun sang the boy part and Minhyuk sang the girl part. Sorotsu was speechless. When they finished they got a standing ovation. They laughed and bowed as Leeteuk came back on stage. “Next up we have Dara and Bom. They are going to dance to Sorry Sorry by Super Junior!”

                The two girls got up on stage and Dara stood in the front center and waved at everyone excitedly. Leeteuk started the music and they began dancing. They knew all of the choreography well. Leeteuk came back “They were very good! They knew the entire dance. Is everyone having fun?” Everyone clapped and cheered.

                “Our next performers are Jungshin and Lay performing Blue by Big Bang.” Jungshin brought his bass and Lay brought an acoustic guitar. They sat and began playing. Jungshin sang and rapped GD and Top’s parts. Lay sang Seungri, Taeyang and Daesungs parts. Everyone was speechless and clapped as they finished.

                Leeteuk came back on stage. “WOW! That was amazing! Judges, are you paying attention to all of the acts?” he grinned down at Sorotsu and Joon, who was still attached to her and resting his head on her shoulder. “Lee Joon-ssi, No bribing the judges!” Everyone broke out in laughter. Donghae and Eunhyuk pulled Sorotsu away from him causing even more laughter.

                “Our next act is Joon, G.O and Seungho dancing to Rainism by Rain.” Sorotsu and the rest of the girls were suddenly paying very close attention to the stage. They of course knew the entire dance and did it very, very well. Joon lifted up his shirt at the end of the song causing all the girls to give a standing ovation. Dara made sure to take lots of pictures.

                Leeteuk came back on stage laughing “Sorotsu-ssi, remember that you have to vote on who has the best talent, not the best abs.” Everyone started laughing again. “I’m having so much fun! Next is Minzy and Kai dancing to You Know Me by Tasty.

                They danced really well and were very close to the original choreography but Sorotsu couldn’t help laughing at the fact they were doing a dance by twins who were the same height when Minzy is eight inches shorter then Kai. Leeteuk again came on stage. “Our next group is quite large, Mir, Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, D.O, Suho, Chen, and Xiumin dancing to Gee by SNSD."

                Everyone in the audience who had cameras had them prepared to take lots of pictures. The music started and everyone was very entertained. They all were laughing the entire time. They were very good. They finished without any mistakes but some of them were still embarrassed and ran off the stage and hid under their blankets.

                Leeteuk continued with his MC’ing “Next is CL singing Heartbreaker by GD. I’m excited!” CL came on to the stage showing her full swagger, even though she was in pajamas. She easily rapped and sang the entire song in full swag mode. She could easily be a female GD.

                They all clapped as she left the stage and Leeteuk came back on stage. “Our next performance is one of the more original performances of the night. Tao will be showing us some of his Wushu.” Everyone clapped as Tao took his place on stage and started to show off his skills. There were some oohs and ahs and wows from the girls and the MBLAQ members who haven’t been able to see him do that live yet.

                Tao did a flip and bowed and left the stage. Everyone clapped excitedly. Leeteuk was still clapping as he came back on stage. “This next performance really surprised me! I’m sure you all will be surprised as well. Kris and Yonghwa will be performing I Remember by Bang Yongguk!”

                Everyone clapped. Sorotsu never would have expected their voices to go together so well like that. Kris’s rapping sounded perfect to Yonghwas vocals. The song ended and they posed together. They got a standing ovation. Leeteuk came on stage and was still clapping. They left the stage and sat down and everyone else sat back down.

                “Our last performance is Thunder and Baekhyun performing Keep Your Head Down by TVXQ. This should be good! Pay attention judges.” He said winking at them again. Sorotsu’s eyes opened wide and they got on stage. Thunder was doing Yunho’s part and Baekhyun was doing Max’s part. They knew all the words and even most of the performance. At the end, they didn’t even skip the part where they were in each others faces. Sorotsu started blushing. Bom, CL and Minzy were staring a bit harder then they should have been and Dara was giggling covering her face.

                They finished and Leeteuk came back on the stage with a small box that he had just cut a hole in. “Ok, Judges. Talk amongst yourselves and decide who you want to be the winner. Everyone else, you can come up to the stage and vote for who you want to win! Try not to vote for yourself.” He laughed as everyone rushed to grab paper and pencils from him to write down their votes.

                Donghae and Eunhyuk huddled around Sorotsu who just kind of sat in the middle awkwardly. Donghae smiled “I really liked everyone…” Eunhyuk nodded in agreement. Sorotsu sighed. “We could just wait for the votes and choose whoever was voted in.” Both boys hugged her. “That’s a great idea!” They pretended to deliberate the winner when Leeteuk came over with the box of votes.

                “Everyone voted, including me. So count the votes and then announce the winner of the voting and the judges’ winner.” The three of them nodded and started counting out the votes. They smiled at each other and agreed on a winner.

                Donghae and Eunhyuk led Sorotsu up on the stage and Leeteuk handed them some fake mic’s. Donghae started speaking “So we counted the votes and the winner of tonight’s talent show is….”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Who do you think will win??