Chapter 4; DREAM

A Campus Life.

 

The kiss continued, the girls screamed, it was all too much for me to take in. I broke it off and hastily told him we should walk back to the dorms. Jinki, Myungsoo and I went back to the dorm. When we entered the dorm, Jinki had managed to persuade me into telling the story of how it all began. So I began, "After that incident when I saw Myungsoo , he said we should come to an agreement and pretend to be in a relationship, just to make sure no scandal comes out. We agreed on it, but he broke one of the conditions, not to go past a hug." I death-stared Myungsoo as he started to blush.

He replied with "It was for the moment, to show everyone you were my girl, not Jinki’s. Why did you intervene anyway?" Astonishingly, even Jinki blushed.
"They were pulling her hair and slapping her. What was I supposed to do, let her become bald and bruised? It wasn't like you were there anyway. Shouldn't I be getting a thanks or something like that?" Jinki stated. I just sat there laughing like a lunatic, trying to say "Thanks" but it came out so different. I guess my whole dorm knows now. "I'm going to bed now, I'm tired. What a tiring day today. Lucky we don't have school tomorrow, right?" I asked, not bothering to expect an answer from anyone. I jumped into bed, and started to dream.

I dreamt about home, back in Australia, where the grass was green, the river was in sight, and the shops. I dreamt about my friends, and how they came and comforted me whenever I was upset. They were happy I came back to Australia, to meet them. I went back into my room, and I saw Myungsoo lying on my bed. I saw our wedding photo. I seem happy for some reason. I went to Sydney, Chinatown, and I remember seeing the alleyways, filled with the shops I used to go to, buying my K-POP items with my friends. I remember going to Brisbane, Chinatown, where I could walk and smell the aroma of food wherever I was. I remember Surfers Paradise, where I went for leisure time. I remember so much, and I suddenly remember how much I miss it.

I wake up with tears rolling down my cheeks, droplets on my pillow and a warm back hug. I expected it to be Myungsoo, but when I turn around, it was Jinki. What's he doing in my bed? What did he do all night that he went to my bed to sleep? I shook him gently to wake him up. When he opened his eyes, I stared at his face, and asked: "Are you comfy there?" He stared at me with a look that I would describe as a lost look. His brown eyes suddenly widened, as he realised that he was in the wrong bed. "Oh, sorry," was what he said before climbing out and slipping into his bed. He snuggled underneath the covers and tried to go back to sleep. I guess it was fine anyway, since I'm getting up now. I went to the bathroom and glanced at the mirror. What I saw almost made me jump. I looked hideous. I could see my eyes swollen, my hair in a big mess and my face, dried with tear streaks. I quickly wash my face, trying to remove the streaks – which I successfully did.  I then took out my makeup bag and hid my swollen eyes, under a deep layer of makeup. I looked in my closet, trying to pick out a dress for today and took a shower. I ran my fingers through my hair. My mind slowly wandered towards the dream I had and I started to imagine about Jinki. Shaking my head furiously, I tried to remove that thought from my head. What was I imagining?

I finished my shower and walk over to my bed. There was a smell that made me wrinkle my nose.  I could smell a strong odour of alcohol. I guess Jinki was drinking. I took a look at Jinki on his own bed before looking at his face. His eyes were shut and before I know it, I began to mentally trace his facial features; his nicely shaped nose, his eyelashes and his lips. I quickly stop and hid when I sensed him moving. I grabbed my bag out of my drawer and head out of the room before taking a look at birthday chart in our room. At that moment, I had decided to go out shopping, since it was four days until Jinki's birthday anyway. I didn’t know what to get him, so I decided to go to the COEX mall to see if they had anything that I could get for him. The moment I stepped in, my eyes widened with awe. I began to explore until saw a music store. I stepped inside to see if there was anything in there for me. "I guess I could buy something for Jinki in here too," I accidently thought aloud. My head shifted left and right, hoping that no one was listening and luckily, no one was. I walked into to the Female Solo's aisle and picked up two BoA albums for Jinki and two IU albums for me.

My idol was IU. Without her, I wouldn't be standing where I am now, as for him; I guess he just really loved BoA. I heard loud screams coming from behind me. Curiosity got the better of me so I turned around and wow. Was I surprised, it was BoA. I guess she was getting ready for a fan meet and greet show. I guess today was the perfect day for me to go out shopping. I quickly buy the albums and ran off to see her. Yes! I was one of the first people in line. I walked up to her and started talking in English. Her face expression showed that she was surprised, but she did was able to respond since she also studied English. She signed the two albums under the name Lee Jinki, with the two messages stating: "Thanks for choosing me as your idol, I hope you debut one day, and become one of the greatest singers!", as well as "Keep trying! Don’t give up on school, or you may lose your opportunity."

I thanked BoA before walking away towards the exit. I couldn’t help but smile. I walked to the nearest supermarket, where I bought a box and a roll of wrapping paper. I took a quick walk to my friend’s apartment – she was in Australia before she moved to Korea and luckily for me, she happened to be near my school. I knocked on her door and waited for her to open it. When she did, it was obvious she was shocked since her eyes were wide and was wide open. The next thing was so sudden that it made me dizzy. She had given me a bone-crushing hug, dragged me into her living room and talked so fast about things. After around 15 minutes of conversing I wrapped up the presents I had brought at her apartment. I wonder if he'll actually like it… Wait, why do I care? I logged onto Twitter using my phone and quickly tweeted: "@boakwon Thank-you so much!! I hope to see you again another time ^^!" I quickly jogged back to the dorm with the box tucked underneath my arm. I opened the door to see it nearly all empty. Minwoo, Amber, Jessica and even to my unknown disappointment, Myungsoo were gone. I quickly hid the present underneath my bed, hoping that no one or nothing would find out about it. Those CDs sure costed quite a few won. I walked over towards Jinki, who was still sound asleep on his bed. I unknowingly touched his forehead and lips with my fingers while whispering, "Jinki, you better like this!" I withdrew my hand in shock as his eyes fluttered open. The moment I saw his eyes moving, I had quickly scurried out of the room towards the library. I guess people could say that I went there to study but I really went there to clear my head. I was extremely confused on what had just happened.