Chapter 6; Dongsaeng

A Campus Life.

 

Jessica’s POV
“I can't believe this is happening... I just can’t believe it!" I exclaimed loudly, tears running down my face. Myungsoo who was suddenly appeared beside me replied in a calm voice to try to soothe me.
"What's wrong?" He asked soothingly.
I started to stutter, "M-mmm-y s-sss-iste-eer, K-Kryst-tal g-got in an ac-ac-cident..." Myungsoo told me that we should head back to the dorm first, so I obeyed and followed him silently. Only my sniffles were heard during the walk back. We got back to the dorm and I ran into the room without thinking. I entered with Minwoo and this chick, one of my roommates, Sarah or Amber? I think this one is Sarah since Amber sat next to me during the seminar... They both had a shocked look plastered across their faces. I must look like a mess right now, don't I? Myungsoo walked in at the same time Sarah walked up to me. She asked me a question, but I unknowingly completely blocked her out. She asked me again, but this time I heard it but because I was traumatised so I ignore her. I heard Minwoo telling her it may be best to leave me alone, but he was so wrong. Wrong indeed.
I turned around in frustration and fell onto my bed. It felt like a litre of tears were pouring out of my eyes. Sarah ran up to me and gently strocking my back. It somehow soothed me that I started to spill out what had happen. "K-Krystal... G-Got into an accident…" I chocked half way which resulted for her to pat it. In the corner of my eyes, I noticed her biting her lower lip before questioning me back. 
“Who’s Krystal…?” She asked hesitantly. Myungsoo answered her question for me.
“Krystal is Jessica’s younger sister.”
 
Sarah's POV
I don’t know what to do, should I comfort her? Or should I hug her? AISH! I’m confused, worried and frustrated all at once! I took a glance at Jessica who was still sobbing into her bed. "Where is your sister right now?" I asked softly. I continued my process of rubbing her back as she ignored me for a bit. But she eventually quieted down, her sobs turning into small sniffles.
"In Baekje Hospital…" I decided that I should help out the best I could to help her get over it.
"Okay then, first we should go to the hospital. Myungsoo, you go with Jessica since I’m not familiar with the area,” I instructed, but not in a bossy way. I personally can never imagine myself bossy in any sort of situation. “I'll go with Minwoo then I'll text Amber and Onew to head there as well, okay?" They all nodded, making me suddenly feel awkward that they were giving me nearly all their attention. We all got into our separate cars and drove towards our next destination. I took out my phone and quickly texted Amber and Onew, telling them what to do. My attention was soon diverted to the road but mostly it was on Minwoo’s slender fingers that were gripped against the steering wheel. I suddenly remembered how Minwoo wanted to tell me something when Jessica suddenly barged in. "Hey Minwoo…” I started hesitantly, I didn’t want to distract him and cause an accident.
“Yes?” He answered. His answer was somewhat strained and I realised he was trying his best to concentrate on the road. 
“Sorry to disturb you, but what was it you were trying to tell me earlier?"
"I... I was going to tell you that...” He seemed quite hesitant to reply, but I shook it off, thinking that it was his concentration on the road. “Oh I was thinking what sort of present you bought for Jinki, if you did buy one for him. That's what it was, I was going to ask if you could tell me what it was and show me and if you didn’t, we could’ve gone together but I guess we can't do that now...” I silently raised an eyebrow at his answer before nodding softly. 
“I already bought something for him… But I can still go with you, if you want?”
“Ah, I see… Then if it’s fine, how about tomorrow…?” He asked softly.
“Sure, why not?” I agreed, smiling gently.
Throughout the ride, I looked calm on the outside while inside; I was screaming my head off. OMO! I’M IN THE CAR BY MYSELF WITH THE CUTIE MINWOO! KYAAA! WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO? I was twiddling my thumbs while staring at either the road or out the window. I was afraid that if I didn’t play with my fingers, I would pull on his cute chubby cheeks and squeal with delight. I kept shifting my eyes and attention somewhere else, anywhere beside Minwoo otherwise my hands would move on its own. Once again, I shifted my attention out the window that I didn’t see Minwoo quietly shifting in his seat.
What seemed FOREVER – in my opinion – but in reality, it wasn’t that long, we arrived at the hospital that Jessica’s sister was under care in. I waited with Minwoo for the rest of our dorm to arrive before walking towards the receptionists. We asked which room where Krystal Jung was but she shook her head, suspicious of why six young adults would suddenly visit a patient. Minwoo used his aegyo-filled look and asked: “Noona~ Can you tell us what room Krystal’s staying in?” which caused the receptionist to swoon and blush madly. She told us the direction in which Minwoo beamed and smiled cutely. “Kamsamnida, noona~” he smiled cutely.  I was shocked at the scene that was played in front of me. I was rooted to the ground that Myungsoo ended up forcefully dragging me away. I glanced back at the receptionist who was fanning her red face with her hand.
“Omo, how can youngsters these day be so cute?!” she squealed softly to herself. When I finally gained mobility in my legs, I noticed that Jinki was leading the way and eventually he led us to the Intensive Care Unit. I was somewhat scared when I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder. I traced the hand with my eyes which guided me to Myungsoo’s face. He had a soft yet caring stare from his eyes, that it instantly removed my fear. We quickly walked up the aisle and wait. Every minute, every second that passed by, we got even more nervous. After a while, the doctor walked out and asked for Krystal's guardian. We all walked up, with Jessica's parents – who came in while we waited - and tuned in. The doctor was slightly surprised by the amount of people but kept his professionalism. He opened his mouth and started to say:
"Krystal is....”