Chapter 7: Secret Mission

A Campus Life.

 

"Krystal is.... A very lucky girl. She will need to stay in the hospital for three days at max, so she should be fine to be discharged very soon." Everyone sighed in relief. The doctor calmly and professionally left after the parents and Jessica thanked him. We we're all happy and acted like kids eating his first lollipop and going high on the sugar by jumping around and hugging each other. In my spur of happiness, I thought about the aegyo that Minwoo did and the shocking reaction of the receptionist. I wonder what happened to her... Is she still blushing like crazy? I shook the thought away from my head before running up to Jessica. I gave her a huge bear hug – even though she was slightly taller than me - and wiped off her dry tears. I saw Jessica widened her eyes in surprise to which I just grinned. From then, I just hoped that we would be good friends.

We walked back downstairs and bid Jessica’s parents goodbye before leaving in the same cars that we arrived. 'Jessica with Myungsoo and Jinki with Amber' and 'Minwoo and I.' I decided to talk to Minwoo a lot more on the way back. "I've never seen you do that before, Mr Cute Man," I stated with a sly smirk. He laughed in embarrassment and his cheeks flushed in red. "Blushing 'ayee?" I teased. Not being able to contain my laughter anymore after seeing his cheeks flamed even more, I laughed like a madmen. We arrived home faster than I expected, hell, we even beat Myungsoo here who left first. Minwoo turned me and looked me in the eye before nervously starting.

"What I was trying to say before…. I-" But I lost my attention when I saw Myungsoo's car arrive. His car drove passed me that made me slightly irritated.

"YAH! MYUNGSOO!" Forgetting that Minwoo was talking to me, I shouted it before thinking before quickly realising that I had momentarily forgotten Minwoo. I quickly turned to Minwoo and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "Sorry, what were you trying to say? I wasn’t paying attention." Minwoo seemed like he looked sad, but he had a smile that looked force.

"It's okay, I'll tell you another time," he laughed lightly. He seemed sad so all I thought about then and there was to find a way to cheer him up. I couldn't stand seeing his face so sad. Once I figured out what I was going to do, I snapped my fingers that made him raise an eyebrow at me.

“Ah, it’s nothing,” I chuckled nervously, waving my wrist up and down in the process. He nodded before walking away to our dorm. I stared at his retreating back before turning around and slapping my palm onto my forehead. Force of habit, I almost got myself caught! But a small smile tugged at my lips as I figured out a way on how to do it. I guess I'll have to wait until the time we sleep to do it. 

Time slowly passed as I started studying, waiting for night time to come. I took a glance at the time, 6:30 it said. I guess we should be having dinner soon. I started my walk back to the dorm, when I bumped into Jinki on my way out, making me fall backwards at the sudden collusion. I waited for the hard impact of the floor but it never came. Instead, I felt something snake around my waist, pulling me up. I opened my eyes to see Jinki’s face so close to mine that I pushed him off and stumbled backwards. He laughed at my conversation before I stuck at my tongue and blew a raspberry. He laughed harder at my reaction before walking away. That was when we started a conversation to cover the childish behaviour that I showed earlier. "Hey, when's your birthday party again?" I asked.

"Saturday, 11:00AM. Don't be late," he smirked childishly. I scrunched my eyebrows together and glared at his face intensely, so intense that I ended up walking into the wall. I growled after hearing Jinki laugh and glared at him all the way back.

We arrived to see that dinner was almost ready and was cooked by none other than Mr Cutie himself, Minwoo. As I walked to my bed to collect my laid out clothes, the delicious smell of the pork aroused me. I had a quick shower and went out to eat with my fellow cabin mates. The food was set up almost like a professional chef had done it. The fragrant meat, the neat rice, the extraordinary kimchi, it was as if I was in a 5-star restaurant. While I was eating, a huge grin crept along my face while I ate and so did the others.

We started talking about how great it was that Krystal wasn't in much harm and decided to hold a party for when she gets released. Jessica seemed a lot more friendly and social compared to when she came barging into the room. We decided to hold the party at Jessica's home and invite all of her sister’s friends to come for the celebration. Discussing the plans made Jessica visibly happier than ever. Minwoo still seemed sad though. We finished eating dinner and I went to Amber to talk about today. I told her all about the car ride and I told her about the Minwoo surprise in a secret language that only we could understand. She nodded, which showed she understood what I was talking about.

While I was Myungsoo came up to me while I was talking to Amber and asked if he could talk to me. I said it was fine, but didn’t budge a bit. "Amber can hear if she wants, she knows everything already anyway," he shrugged. He took a seat on the chair beside the bed and got himself comfortable. "Okay, the girls in our school don't really think we're dating anymore, they think we broke up,” he said seriously. I held myself so that I wouldn’t roll my eyes at him. It wasn’t my fault that he keeps on disappearing. “Want to do something tomorrow? To show them that we haven't,” he concluded. I shrugged as an answer. I thought I saw a small look of hurt across his face, but I ignored it.

“Sure, why not, I don’t mind,” I answered. My eyebrows rose when I saw him jump up and suffocate me into a hug before running to his side of the bed.

By then, it was already night time. The time for our curfew to sleep was getting near. We all got ready and I hopped in my bed. I waited for a few minutes until the light were turned off. I jumped out of the bed and sneaked into the other room, where the boys slept. I quietly opened the door and took a peek through. I could just see where Minwoo was sleeping. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. I made sure he couldn't see me nor make a sound. I dragged him outside to the backyard and revealed myself for a short second, before recalling Myungsoo saying how the girls were suspicious. I pushed that thought aside and started my plan.