Revelations

Two Different Tears

[A/N]: Just wanted to mention that there is only a hint of 2min is present in the story. As far as I know, this is a jongtae fic told in mostly Jonghyun's perspective. :) Anyways, short update. I've been meaning to post it up earlier, but I've been busy lately. Please comment and subscribe! ^^

 

 

I sat there indifferently, still clutching our last photograph together, the last happy memory we had together. I stood up, making my way through the mess I left on the floor and walked over to the window. I knew that if you saw this utter disorganization you’d throw one of your fits. I could only imagine how you’d have your arms crossed over your chest as you give me one of your infamous pout. Then you’d take a deep breath and start to clean it up and get mad at me all over again for just standing there.

I  wanted to smile back at the memory, but all I managed to do was let out a strangled sigh. As I stared out the window, I realized that it had begun to rain. Large drops of water pummeled from the gray skies onto my foggy room window. I placed my hand upon the glass, noticing how cold it was. It was so cold that it left an imprint of my palm even after I removed my hand. Its coldness reminded me of myself after things with Taemin spiraled downhill. The tears I shed, the unspoken words between us, the hurt that punched me in the chest every time I see those cold, unwanting eyes. What have I become? I was never this weak, never this pathetic, even when my parents disowned me for pursuing my dream as a singer. But here I am, struggling to breathe at the mere thought of one person. The only person that ever mattered to me. And now he’s gone.

Taemin, look at what you’ve done to me.

 

 

 

 

April 17

Its been three days since my argument with Taemin, the last conversation I had with him. Because so far, none of us has said anything to each other. And I really do mean NOTHING.

We wouldn’t as much as glance at each other when we passed by in the hall. He’d tell the other members to pass on any messages that he had for me, even if it was to ‘pass the salt’ when we ate dinner.

The other members could feel the tension and awkwardness too whenever they found them by themselves with the both of us. I wanted to say something to Taemin, anything, but I was afraid that he’d yell at me again, hurt me again.

Jinki hasn’t said anything to me about my sudden breakdown that day, and I was thankful he hadn’t. I noticed though, that he’d send me worried glances occasionally, but I always sent him small smiles to reassure him that I was okay.

But really, am I okay?

I was making my to the music room when I hear Minho’s, our rapper’s, deep voice resonating from the inside of Taemin’s room. I know that I shouldn’t have been eavesdropping, but something, an urge, told me to stay.

I pressed my back against the wall, listening through the ajar opening of his door. It was silent at first until someone decided to speak.

“Taem,” Minho began, “did something happen between you and Jonghyun hyung?”

Taemin stayed silent and Minho began again.

“Why aren’t you guy speaking? D-Does he by any chance…know?”

Know? Know what?

“Aniyo,” Taemin finally responds, a hint of fear in his answer.

“Are you going to tell him?” Minho asks hesitantly.

“How can I tell him Minho? How can I possibly tell my boyfriend that I don’t love him anymore and that I’ve been screwing around with you? How Minho, how?!” Taemin yells at his hyung boy in hushed tones.

H-He what?

“I’m not forcing you to tell him Taem, but it’s better if he knows the truth. It will hurt him more if he found out about it later.”

“I know, but I don‘t know what to say Minho. He‘ll be so heartbroken, you know how sensitive he is when it comes to his feeling and our relationship.” I could hear Taemin let out a sob. I hear shuffling  of footsteps and a slight creak of the bed.

“It’ll be alright, I’ll be right here beside you to take the blame. We’re both in the wrong here. If you ever need a 6 foot giant to hold you at night, you won’t have to look hard cause you’ll be able to see me from miles away.”

“Pabo.” Taemin let out  a mixture of a strangled sob and laugh at the other boy’s attempt to make him smile.

“Taemin-ah, I love you.”

There was complete momentary silence, but the words said just above a whisper was enough for me to hear, enough cut me into pieces.

“I love you too, Minho.”

I peeked into the room and found Minho devouring my Taemin, or at least what I thought was my Taemin, on the bed. He let small whimpers and moans as Minho kissed his way down his neck, while his hands roamed underneath his shirt.

 I could feel my knees begin to buckle as I stumbled my way down the hall into the music room.

This isn’t real. Please tell me this isn’t happening. Please tell me this is just some sick joke and Taemin will announce that this was all just a hidden camera joke. And then everything will be okay again. That Taemin will tell me that he loves me and will always love me.

But I knew that it was real and that Taemin was no longer mines.