07. EunHae(EunHyuk&DongHae;)-AmySuJu

WOW, FANTASTIC BABY's Oneshot Request Shop! [BUSY]

 

CRASH!

 

"Oh great. What now?", DongHae muttered to himself.

 

It was a rainy night and he was on his way home from the grocery store. Today was not his day and this was just the cherry on top of his misery. He opened the car door and got out. He prayed that the other person hadn't run off. That had happened to him a couple times and made his insurance rate go through the roof. Umbrella in hand, he went to check out the damage. He let out and audible sigh of relief, when he saw that there was little damage. He saw that the driver stayed, but was sitting in his car. DongHae walked over, a little annoyed. He could hit my car, but he couldn't be bothered to get out? He tapped on the drivers window. The driver rolled down his window and looked up.

 

"I'm so sorry. The rain was just coming down so hard, I didn't see you. I was going to get out, but I forgot my umbrella at home.", the man said.

 

DongHae's frustration disappeared at the guys calm and sincere apology. He turned his straight face into a faint smile. He still wasn't happy that his car had been hit, but he wouldn't dwell on it.

 

"That's fine. Let's just exchange insurance information and you can be on your way.", DongHae said.

 

"I'm so sorry.", the stranger apologized again while writing down his information. "I promise I really didn't see you there. I don't even know where my head was…"

 

The stranger handed DongHae his information and he read it over closely. 

 

"EunHyuk?", DongHae asked. "My insurance will be in touch with you."

 

DongHae left him with a business card and went back to his car. He looked back in his review mirror. The rain had slowed. He saw the man he had just met, EunHyuk sitting in his car, with his head turned watching DangHae. DongHae shook his head and left. When he got home, he put away his groceries and was ready to put this day behind him. He checked his email and laid in bed. He wasn't quite ready to sleep, but he was exhausted. Just when he was about to try to sleep his phone rang. If it was work, he made his mind up he wouldn't answer. He was off the clock and couldn't handle another problem, he was off the clock. He picked up his phone and saw that it was an unknown number. 

 

"Hello?", DongHae answered.

 

"Um, hello. Hi. This is EunHyuk. I backed into your car earlier?", the man on the other line said. 

 

As if DongHae could forget. It had turned his day from bad to worse. Why was he calling? Trying to get out of calling his insurance, he thought.

 

"Ah, yes. How could I forget?", DongHae replied dryly and EunHyuk cleared his throat.

 

"I'm just calling to apologize once more and to see if you wanted to get a cup of coffee tomorrow morning? I would like to make up for what happened."

 

"Oh, this is unexpected."

 

"Did you think I was calling to get out of calling the insurance?", EunHyuk teased and DongHae laughed.

 

"Actually, yes. Coffee sounds great. How does tomorrow morning around 11 work?

 

"That sounds great."

 

They set up where they would meet and ended the phone call. After they hung up DongHae felt a little guilty. He always thought the worst of people. He never gave anyone the benefit of the doubt. EunHyuk seemed like a nice guy. He was nice enough to call and set up a coffee date with him. DongHae laid his head down and let himself drift slowly to sleep, praying that tomorrow would be a better day.

 

After waking up and reluctantly getting ready for work, DongHae headed out. He hated his job. He wanted to leave, but he was too scared. He liked the security he felt there. What if he were to leave and not be able to find a new job? Plus, he didn't want to disappoint his family. He arrived at work and got settled into the mess that had happened yesterday. How was he the one chosen to fix this? It wasn't his fault the files got mixed up. Once he finished fixing someone else's mess, he headed out to meet EunHyuk. DongHae got to the cafe where they had agreed to meet. He looked around and spotted EunHyuk sitting at a table in the corner. DongHae made his way over to him and sat down.

 

"Hello again.", EunHyuk said with a smile and held out his hand.

 

"Hello.", DongHae replied, taking his hand.

 

The two men sat awkwardly at first, but once they started talking, they realized they had a lot in common. They sat there for almost an hour, enjoying themselves. DongHae forgot all about work and looked at the time. He was late. Hurriedly he sprang up and started to leave.

 

"I'm sorry. I have to get back to work. It was nice talking to you, EunHyuk.", DongHae said bowing and leaving.

 

DongHae made his way back to work in a happier mood than before. It was great talking to someone who actually understood him. He had plenty of friends, but not many close ones and not many who got him as easily as EunHyuk had. He was sitting at his desk, getting ready to leave for the day when his phone buzzed. It was EunHyuk.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey, are you busy?"

 

"No, I'm just leaving work, finally. What's up?"

 

"Really? Wanna get dinner?", EunHyuk asked.

 

This caught DongHae off guard. He should say no. He had to be back at work bright and early. Suddenly, he felt the urge to just go out and have fun. He was young. Why was he acting like a middle aged man? He agreed to go and they had a great time together. DongHae had never had this much before. He started going into work in better moods and started acting his age. He was less stiff and was way more laid back. EunHyuk was the one to thank for this.

 

Months passed and the two had become the best of friends. EunHyuk, was now hyung, to DongHae. EunHyuk had helped DongHae out of his shell. He even got him to quit his job, and find one that he enjoyed. As time went on, DongHae felt a lot of thanks towards EunHyuk. He owed him a lot. He loved him, but not just as a friend loves his friend. His feelings went deeper than that. DongHae had been holding them back. He knew that these were feelings he couldn't help and he was positive his hyung, felt the same. 

 

EunHyuk was coming over later that night. He practically lived there with DongHae. Tomight was the night he would confess. He was nervous, but was sure EunHyuk loved him. Even if he didn't, he would understand. They were best friends. EunHyuk came over and they played and ate. They were laying on opposite ends of the couch and DongHae decided this was the time. It was now or never.

 

"Hyung…", DongHae started reluctantly.

 

"Hm.", EunHyuk replied.

 

"I can tell you anything right? Our friendship won't change?"

 

"Yea. Of course. You're kind of scaring me now."

 

"Hyung…"

 

"Hm, DongHae."

 

"I love you. No, I'm in love with you. This has been bothering me for a while now and-"

 

He was cut off. EunHyuk got up and punched him right in his jaw. DongHae looked up shocked and hurt. Tears started streaming from his eyes.

 

"Don't be a sissy!", EunHyuk yelled at him. "Men can't love men. That's disgusting. How can you just say that? Say it like it's nothing?"

 

DongHae rubbed his jaw. He looked at EunHyuk and didn't see the man he used to. Anger took over any hurt he was feeling. How could he think this way? How could he have thought he knew this man? He didn't know the man standing in front of him.

 

"Men can love men.", DongHae replied quietly. "I'm asking you to love me, not insult me!"

 

"How can you ask that of me? How can you not feel dirty asking me that? You know, I should have known. I mean, there had to be a reason you had no friends. Now I know why."

 

EunHyuk became even more angry. He pushed DongHae, but DongHae wouldn't fight back. EunHyuk went to punch him again, but he dodged it and gave Eunhyuk a punch to the gut.

 

"Men do love men.", DongHae said with no emotion. "Get out. Get out of my house. GET OUT!", he shouted out, losing his cool.

 

DongHae locked the door behind him and sat down and cried. He didn't cry over the love he thought he had for his friend. No, he cried for the friendship he had lost. Even if EunHyuk came back and apologized, how could he be friends with someone who acted so strongly against something that was normal. He could've even accepted his stance on gay love, had he not punched him in the face.

 

Weeks and weeks had passed and DongHae had finally come to terms with the loss of his friend. He had other friends, and this gave him the opportunity to start hanging out with them more. One day, he came home from a blind date. He had the time of his life and he saw potential with this man. He came home, all smiles. The smile faded once he made it to his door. Standing there was EunHyuk.

 

"What do you want?", DongHae asked impatiently. "I could really care less about anything you have to say."

 

"DongHae, please. Hear me out.", EunHyuk begged.

 

"You have two minutes.", DongHae replied.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. My actions were uncalled for. I-I-I was just so caught off guard. Look at things from my point of view. Here I was with my best friend, who I didn't know was gay, and he was confess-"

 

DongHae couldn't handle it anymore. He had to shut him up.

 

"So you punched me in the face? You decided to put my preferences down? Even if you were against gays, how could you just throw away our friendship. Put yourself in my shoes. How do you think I felt?!", DongHae was in tears, yelling. "If that's all you had to say, you can go now. I don't want to hear anymore."

 

"It's not. I have one more thing to say."

 

"What? What else could you possib-"

 

EunHyuk cut him off this time.

 

"I love you! I didn't know it, but I realized that I love you, too. I don't know how I didn't see it before. I guess I was in denial. I love you, DongHae. I'm sorry. I hurt you, but I love you."

 

DongHae could have collapsed. He had wanted to hear these words for months. He had dreams of his best friend realizing that what they had went beyond friendship. Now that he came, he was surprised with himself. He didn't care. He felt nothing. He didn't hate him anymore, but he felt sorry for his friend. If he had been calm, kept an open mind when DongHae had first confessed, who knows where they would be now. But it was too late.

 

"I've waited so long to hear those words and now…they mean nothing to me.", DongHae said gravely.

 

"DongHae, please. Please, dont say that...", EunHyuk begged, tears streaming down his face.

 

"I'm sorry hyung. You're just too little, too late.", DongHAe said, walking into his house, leaving EunHyuk out in the cold.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

written by: sam

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Thank you for coming back! 

We appreciate your support!

We hope you enjoy your story!

Comment and let us know!