15. Dasom/Geonil- exoria19

WOW, FANTASTIC BABY's Oneshot Request Shop! [BUSY]

Today was the day partners were going to be chosen for their latest drama productions and Dasom was anxious to find out who hers was going to be. She would be happy as long as it wasn't one of the slacker kids. She loved being able to perform onstage. Not to mention, this stage was worth 70% of their final grade. As all the students took their seats, Dasom looked around, surveying her potential partners. Her ideal partner would be someone who had the passion and talent she did. If they wanted to make is a musical number, well that was even better. She glanced from face to face, nobody noticing her until she reached Geonil. His eyes locked onto hers and Dasom quickly turned away.

 

Truth be told, Park Geonil would be her ideal partner talent wise, but his personality was a whole other story. He was your typical popular guy in school. All the girls loved him, all the boys wished they could be him and the teachers worshipped him. Dasom thought she might be the only person to not like him. To her, he was just a little lame. He was outspoken and obnoxious, but she couldn't deny that he was the most talented kid in the drama program.

 

She sighed and called her attention to the teacher, who had just started class. Roll was taken, homework was passed forward and finally partners were being announced. Dasom sat impatiently, waiting for her name to be called. Student after students were partnered and still her name wasn't being called. She tried to keep track of who had and hadn't been chosen but she quickly lost track. The drama program was pretty big and the teacher was calling students who she never even knew existed. Where had they been all year? Finally, the last pairing was made.

 

"Kim Dasom and Park Geonil."

 

Dasom turned around to look at the person she had just been partnered with, just to see he hadn't been paying attention. He was surrounded by a group of his friends, laughing and goofing around as if they weren't in the middle of class. She let out another sigh and got up, ready to meet her partner when her best friend Bora came up to her, practically squealing.

 

"Ahhhh! Your partner is Geonil. I'm so jealous! I got Jonghyun. He keeps trying to make me call him oppa, but we're the same age.", she said rolling her eyes.

 

"Trust me, I'd rather work with that. Geonil is so opposite of me, Bora. I bet he's cocky too.", Dasom said in annoyance.

 

"Wow, look at you. Putting the guy down before you even know him. You should give him a chance before you pass judgment, girl. Plus, he's the only one in our class that can match your talent. Well, you know, besides me.", Bora said with a flip of her hair.

 

Dasom laughed and hoped her silly friend was right. She was being a bit of a snob. He could turn out to surprise her - though she highly doubted it. Mustering up every ounce of courage she had, Dasom made her way over to Geonil. He was still with his friends, though not as many as before, which put Dasom at a little bit of ease. Though, not much. 

 

"Excuse me.", Dasom said in her low shy voice.

 

She wasn't a very outspoken person. She was practically ready to have a panic attack having to come up and interrupt this group of people. To top it off, nobody heard her. She cleared and tried again, a little bit louder this time.

 

"Excuse me? Geonil? Park Geonil?", she asked and suddenly 5 people were staring right at her.

 

"Yeah, what's up?", Geonil replied casually.

 

"Um, hi, I'm Dasom. We've been partnered together for our final project.", she answered, trying to sound as casual as he did.

 

"Oh, did he already announce partners? Huh, guess it's a good thing you were paying attention then, Kim Dasom."

 

Dasom hoped her surprise at him knowing her full name was hidden. She hadn't remembered ever giving it to him though.

 

"Yea, I guess it is. Anyway, do you think we could talk in private? About our project."

 

"Whatever the lady wants, the lady gets.", he said with a smirk on his face.

 

Dasom turned to lead the way, rolling her eyes when her face was no longer in view. She couldn't believe girls actually fell for this type of stuff. His little games weren't her thing. She walked to a pair of seats in the back of the auditorium and sat down. Pulling papers out of her book bag, she looked over at Geonil who was watching her.

 

"What's all this? We just got our project.", Geonil said, amusement obvious in his tone.

 

"I've been preparing for this project for a while. Not only is it 70% of our final grade, but I heard a lot of former students were signed after performing.", Dasom answered, a little embarrassed.

 

"So, you think you're good enough to be signed?"

 

"I didn't say that, but I do think that if I work hard enough it's possible.", she said truthfully.

 

"Okay. Let's see these ideas."

 

 

*

 

 

A couple of weeks had passed since they had been forced to work with each other and to Dasom's surprise, she had loved every second of it. She couldn't believe it was going to be over in just a few short days. At first Dasom remained cold and shy to Geonil. She refused to take part in his childish games, but sometime during the first week she found herself giving in. Geonil was so outgoing, he forced her out of her shell more and more until there was no shell for her to hide in. 

 

They every free moment they had rehearsing their number. They also would occasionally spy on the other groups and decided that theirs was the best of all the other singing acts. Their act was stripped down to the basics. No dancing. No fancy props. Just two singers and beautiful ballad. Not wanting to be too cliche, they chose a song about heart break, instead of true love. Holding Back Tears by: TVXQ. It suited their voices beautifully as well.

 

One night, as Dasom was on the bus home after a long day of rehearsals, she pulled out her phone to find a silly text from Geonil telling her to get home safe with lots of emojis. Dasom couldn't help but smile all the way home. She tried and tried to stop, but she couldn't. She thought about Geonil and how he could always make her laugh, no matter what mood she was in. They got along surprisingly well. He was the complete opposite of who she was, but then again, opposites do attract. 

 

Geonil filled her her thoughts for the rest of the night and the entire next day. He noticed there was something up with her, even though she wouldn't admit it. His guess was that she was hervous. After all, they were performing on the biggest stage either of them had ever performed on before. When he couldn't take it anymore, he called rehearsal off and suggested they go out for coffee.

 

This did nothing to ease Dasom. Being alone with him and not having anything but him to focus on made her nervous. More nervous than singing in front of the 1,000 people that would show up tomorrow. More nervous than singing in front of a million people, she thought. Geonil went to get them both coffees and Dasom watched. Watched how easily he could talk with others. Watched as he sat down. Watched as he drank his coffee. Watched as he tapped his fingers against the table and something inside of her snapped. She had to let him know. SHe had to tell him how she felt, before it was too late. Mustering up every ounce of courage she had, she opened to say something, but Geonil started before she could.

 

"Dasom, can I talk to you about something other than our stage?", he asked seriously and all Dasom could do was nod. "Well, you know Kara, my ex-girlfriend? You know how bad she dumped me don't you? Of course you do. Everybody does. Well, yesterday, out of the blue, she comes to me calling me 'oppa' as if nothing ever happened between us. She told me she wanted to get back together. I said no, but I think I want to? I don't know. It's stupid right? Everyone thinks I shouldn't, but the heart wants what it wants, right? But I should at least give her a second chance, I mean, we dated for almost 2 years. How can I let something like that go without at least trying to work it out? I can't. You're right."

 

Dasom sat speechless. She hadn't even said anything and somehow him reuniting with his ex was her doing? 

 

"Uh, I didn't say anything.", she mumbled lowly.

 

Geonil hadn't heard though. He just went on and on about how glad he was that they were partners and what a good friend she was. Dasom started to detest the word 'friend'. Soon they said their goodbyes. Geonil didn't notice that Dasom hadn't said a word all night. He was too excited about the prospect of getting back with Kara. Dasom hated Kara. She hated her with every fiber of her being, though that wasn't really fair of her. It wasn't Kara's fault Geonil didn't like her. She cried herself to sleep and swore that she wouldn't cry over him ever again.

 

The next day it was showtime. Each team got a chance to do a final rehearsal onstage where they worked on the lighting and placement of the sets. Geonil and Dasom were flawless and as excited as ever. Dasom chose to rise above her little crush because she wasn't letting anything get between her and a contract with a great entertainment company. Soon enough there was 15, then 10, then 5, then 2 minutes until they were on.

 

"Okay Dasom. Let's rock this stage. I'm pumped!", Geonil practically shouted at her.

 

"Good luck, Geonil.", Dasom said to him.

 

"Kara's out there tonight. I'm going to set things right with her after we finish."

 

All Dasom could do was force a smile and nod and then walk onto stage because it was their turn. She took a deep breath and the music started. She and Geonil sang their hearts out, filling the auditorium with the intensity of their emotion. They rocked the stage. The crowd went wild and Dasom had never felt so alive in her life. The applause and standing ovation given to them, was an electricity she had never felt before. When they got backstage, the adrenaline was still pumping through her veins. She didn't know what exactly it was that made her do it, but when Geonil released her from the hug he had her in, Dasom reached up on her tippy toes and pressed her lips to his. The feeling the kiss gave her was almost as great as the feeling of the applause they had received. When she pulled back from him, his eyes were wide with shock.

 

"Thank you, Geonil.", Dasom said as she walked away, leaving Geonil standing there, mouth open wide in shock.


Written by: Sam

A/N: The song they performed is this one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8CYSBd5vP8