3

LUX

They came out from the plane looking rather disheveled, yet still unable to hide the "idol" aura which emanated. Most instinctively put on sunglasses in order to shield their eyes from blinding camera flashes, because even though information about their trip was confidential, all the members, spearheaded by Siwon, agreed that they would feel uncomfortable if there wasn't two, three, or a group of fans chasing after them.

Being released from the plane first while the economy-class people were battling with the cramped masses to get their luggage and get out, the business-class members would have reached the baggage-claim area early if they had not all decided to pile into the bathroom for a good long while to check their hair and appearance after being scruffled up on the plane. Thus, the two groups would have actually reached baggage claim at the same time, but the economy class attempted to take a shortcut--and failed. When they finally found their way again and arrived there, the roulette had stopped and all their baggage had been taken off by the airport staff and arranged in a corner. This turned out to be a blessing for them, seeing as they gratefully missed having to snatch their luggage off the roulette themselves, what with the whole being-dragged-along-by-the-spinny-thing-and-slamming-into-random-annoyed-people-as-you-were-trying-to-lug-your-heavy-suitcase-off thing.

After they made sure that everyone had their own stuff and not like, say, Hae was dragging Chul's pink kitty suitcase, and surprised that none of their baggage was lost, seeing as the airport usually misplaced one out of ten baggage, the massive group headed to baggage inspection and customs.

Since it was a mere three-day trip, there was not many items of suspicion to be found, other than Shindong and Leeteuk's ramen, which apparently violated the "no food" restriction on things being brought into the country. The boys passed safely, then went onto the customs counters.

Passing the customs gate proceeded smoothly enough--until it was turn for self-proclaimed "Monkey D. Eunhyuk" and his overly-high mood.

"I'm from Thailand!" he exclaimed the moment he stepped to the counter.

"Ex. . . cuse me?" the clerk said, looking at him suspiciously. "But it says here in your Korean passport that you were born in Korea."

Eunhyuk looked rather embarrassed that his joke did not catch on. "Oh--er--uh--"

"I think I'm going to have to call security," the woman said, and went to pick up her phone.

"Oh--oh--no no no!" he stuttered. "Wait wait wait! Calm down calm down!" He made a foolish attempt to grab her wrist and prevent her from phoning, which only escalated the misunderstanding. Before long, the two were shouting back and forth, the woman in fears that she had a spy on her hands, Eunhyuk in anxiety that he would go to jail.

In the end, the two hyungs, Heechul and Leeteuk, had to explain the situation to the clerk, who then had to call for a Korean translator, seeing as she could make neither head nor tail of their English, other than "we is shinger" and "yo my baby."

After the situation was sorted out and the stress dissipated, the large group made their way outside, waving to a group of lucky fans who recognized them on the way. They exited the airport building, stretching and breathing in the refreshing, breezy air, milling about the area while waiting for Kangin to wave in some taxis, as Leeteuk tried his best to keep all the kids in close proximity in case any of them wandered off and got lost. As was expected, they had to split into three cabs, two small ones and one van-sized, because when Kangin tried to charade out the request that they need "really really big big car," the drivers all oogled at the number of people their group consisted of.

On the way to the hotel, they lost one of the small cabs, in which rode Shindong, Ryeowook, and Siwon, because the driver recognized their faces and chose to drive really, really slowly as he interrogated them and snapped pictures with his cell phone, excitedly saying that his daughter had made him into a fan, and his favorite was Siwon--who had unfortunately chosen to occupy the passenger's seat beside him, as was therefore subjected to creepy and somewhat seductive (or at least, they seemed intended to be) glances from the cab driver.

The three arrived about half and hour later than the rest of the group, brain spinning with questions and blinking camera flashes from their eyes. As it turned out, however, the other ten members were sulking around the lobby. When questioned, Kangin growled that whoever was in charge of booking reservations for their hotel had apparently had computer issues, for their online forms never went through the last step and they now had to wait an agonizingly long time for the hotel people to triple-check each of their identifications and re-book their reservation. The group, tired and hungry, spent a while bickering about who had done such a messy job with the reservation, until Heechul noticed a certain fish being rather quiet. When this observation was raised to the others, Donghae was dragged into the middle of the mass. He defended himself by saying that at least they were still going to get rooms here but let slip that it was Kyuhyun's laptop which he had used--and crashed--during the booking.

It took another while to calm Kyuhyun down, and thankfully by that time, their rooms were ready. Kyuhyun hugged his laptop bag tightly to his chest as they went up to their rooms, and the hyungs swore they heard him muttering something like "don't worry my baby, I'll protect you."

They had six rooms to share, two people per each, except for one where three people would have to share together. By instinct, Kyuhyun and Sungmin declared a room together, and Ryeowook was about to call dibs on Yesung when the latter voiced his interest in "a little change, perhaps." This led to more riot as Sungmin, Kibum, and Siwon went to comfort Ryeowook, who seemed hurt that Yesung should have rejected him, while Heechul, Hangeng, and Kangin scolded Yesung, who wasn't aware that he did any wrong, for his insensitivity, and the rest tried to work out the roomings--with the exception of Kyuhyun and his laptop, who watched the hyungs quarrel with certain entertainment.

After a few minutes of this chaos, they were able to establish the fact that they should have organized the rooms beforehand. Then, they spent a few more minutes trying hard to actually assign rooms, and at long last, it was decided that Sungmin would room with Ryeowook, Yesung with Leeteuk, and Kibum with Kangin. Eunhyuk and Donghae nabbed a room together and Shindong declared to join them as the 3-member room in order to "chaperon the pair," though it was unclear why he decided to chaperon them and not the room with Hangeng and Siwon. Heechul and Kyuhyun somehow ended together, and no one really wanted the rooms next to theirs, seeing as the two would probably be up all night gaming/Tweeting.

After that was organized, they separated to their respective rooms, which were all in a row down a hallway, and promised to meet down at the lobby to head out to dinner together once everyone had unpacked and washed up. The three-person room was the first down, after none of them bothered to wash at all, and merely threw on another outfit. The other rooms arrived soon (or later) after, with YeTeuk rushing down just in time to catch the rest as they were walking out the doors.

"Do you realize that it won't be the dinner hour until a few more hours?" Kyuhyun voiced.

"I don't care, we didn't have lunch and I'm starving," Yesung said.

With that, the boys decided that they should attend a buffet for, as Ryeowook named it, "lunner." So Hangeng took it upon himself to wave a cab--and "a cab" by Super Junior's definition was more so "either one van and two smaller taxis or two vans." As it was, there was only one van available, but the boys, notably Heechul and Eunhyuk, wanted to save money and refused to use two smaller cabs, since the cost of those would exceed the price of one big taxi. Thus, Leeteuk, Heechul, Hangeng, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, and Sungmin went ahead to "reserve spots at the buffet," as they explained, leaving the dongsaengs Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kibum, and Kyuhyun to snatch themselves a later van.
 

=^-^=

Dinner turned out to take up quite a few hours. Firstly, the buffet, they realized upon arrival, was quite popular, and the first batch of Super Junior boys who arrived weren't able to secure a table anyway. When the second batch arrived, they still had to wait awhile before there were tables free. By that time, the boys were pretty much all ravenous--and irritated.

However, when they entered the buffet hall, they were greeted with a rainbow of sights and smells. All took three seconds to be awed--then they were off, splitting in various directions.

Despite meals supposedly to be a time of gathering, they were never all at the table at one time. For example, when Sungmin, Donghae, and Siwon were sitting down slobbering over the steaks, Shindong and Kangin were fighting over the remaining serving of chicken as behind them, Eunhyuk snuck the last pieces of strawberries onto his plate until discovered by a passing Leeteuk. Yesung was pacing back and forth in front of the cakes counter while Kibum and Kyuhyun discussed bread and Ryeowook and Hangeng were intently observing a cook prepare the soups, until Heechul called for the latter to check out which veggie it was which was best for the skin.

Caught up in the food, they traveled in pairs and barely had the time to talk to other couples much, other than a nod or, more frequently, a glare of jealousy at the other's mouthwatering, food-packed plate, as they passed each other on the buffet floor. No one had less than four plates--excluding dessert--and Shindong and Sungmin estimated that they ate over 1,000 grams of food each. Hangeng tried to bargain for them when the bill came, but failed rather miserably.

After they were finally fed and done, Leeteuk made the suggestion that they take a stroll around Macau's nightlife, only to be met with fierce resistance, mainly in the form of a full-bellied Kangin who did not want anything to do with walking. Kibum then voiced the wiser idea that they take a bus tour. They agreed and did so, but the nights' events at the buffet did not dissipate from their minds when the trip was done.

They returned to the hotel in a big, chaotic mess. Siwon was trying to shield Eunhyuk from Heechul's anger as the latter exploded and accused the dongsaeng of eating the egg off his kimchi. Kyuhyun and Yesung were complaining about how the crab tray was always empty when they went to try and get some, because someone (with glances in Donghae's direction) always cleared the tray for himself right before they reached there. Shindong and Hangeng were exchanging the wins/losses of their bet in which they had dared Eunhyuk to eat Heechul's egg.

They dragged their bums, weary from the early-morning travel and then all the events afterward, up to their hotel rooms, where many of them took baths, few did not, some raided others' rooms, and others watched horror movies while his roommate planted himself in front of the computer.

Their hallway did not go completely quiet until the early hours of the morning.



- - - -

A/N: Yes, so you've got some Full House reference in there, and one of Intimate Note. x)