7

LUX

The boys awoke the next morning feeling rather groggy--because, after all, most had still been high on energy until late into the night early into the morning. Hangeng and Heechul had supposedly been trying to slaughter Kyuhyun in online computer games all night, teaming up against the magnae--to no avail. In order to escape Heechul's frustration, Kyuhyun had fled to the most Heechul-proof room he believed there was--the Kibum and Kangin room. To his luck, however, both of the hyungs had already been sleeping. As a result, Kangin was not very happy to awake to Kyuhyun's yelling and pounding at the door. Between Kangin and Heechul, Kyuhyun would have no doubt been torn to shreds if it had not been thanks to Kibum, who led the him to Sungmin and Ryeowook's room to shelter and begged Ryeowook on behalf of the pride-filled Kyuhyun to switch rooms with the magnae for the night. As that commotion in the Super Junior hallway was just about to die down, however, Eunhyuk and Donghae decided hat they could in no way sleep with Shindong's snoring and trooped over to Leeteuk and Yesung's room to beg the hyungs to let them sleep together. Yesung seemed to greatly oppose this, on the basis that he was such a light sleeper that EunHae's giggling throughout the night would be constantly waking him. The dispute did not end until Siwon, whose room was beside Leeteuk and Yesung's, stormed over and ordered everyone to bed. Eunhyuk and Donghae, frightened by the unnaturally angry Siwon, dropped to the ground where they were standing and ended up sleeping the night there, with only each other to use as pillows and blankets.

Knowing that, it was hard not to sympathize when them when they had to drag themselves out of bed the next morning. However, once they realized that they had awoken to the last sunrise of Macau, they lept into action and speedily assembled themselves and their hastily-packed suitcases down at the lobby for check-out, ready to squeeze the fun out of every last minute they would have on the island.

"All right, all right--head count!" Leeteuk hollered over the clamor, trying to put numbers to the bobbing heads present--quite the strenuous task, no doubt, considering how none of the ducklings wanted to stay still for him.

"Wait--WAIT!" He furiously counted and recounted, then counted again, but something was off.

"There's only twelve!" he finally yelled. "YAH! Idiots--line up with your roommates, we're missing a child!"

The dongsaengs, hearing their leader's shrieks at last, scrambled to find their roommates before standing at attention in a line. They scanned themselves for a moment before they realized who was missing.

"Ryeowook!"

It took them about five minutes to think of calling Ryeowook's phone, whereupon they concluded that he was still stuck in one of the rooms. Another fifteen minutes passed before they were able to convince one of the hotel attendees (because they had already locked their rooms and returned their room keys) to let them back to search their rooms, "for a person left behind--not an item" they had to explain over and over, since the man didn't seem to be able to grasp the concept that one could easily lose people within a group of thirteen guys. After the hotel people had warily granted them they keys, they ran through their previously-occupied rooms until they found Ryeowook in Heechul and Kyuhyun's old room, where he was close to tears and babbling about how he had feared that his brothers had left him as sacrifice for some haunted hotel ghost--"I saw it in the move clip Heechul hyung showed to me last night!" he whimpered.

By the time they had finally calmed the poor Wookie down and everything was more or less in order again, they had already missed the hotel breakfast serving. Apart from an Anchovy or Raccoon, they all willingly agreed to not waste any more of their precious time left in Macau and decided that they would grab breakfast on the road. After finally successfully checking out, they tugged and lugged their baggage onto an awaiting bus and set off for the city center.

The boys seemed to gain energy during the course of the ride. They laughed and joked and actually acted like normal young men on an enjoyable vacation. By the time the bus dropped them off at their intended destination, however, many of their stomachs were already grumbling as a result of the rushed baggage-packing, Ryeowook-searching, and bus-riding morning. Lucky for them, they stumbled upon a bustling outdoor food court as they were quarreling about how they were going to feed themselves. When all the food stalls appeared before their eyes and the warm scents of street breakfast servings wafted over their noses, it took them barely a second to exchange glances before splintering off in multiple directions toward the various food stands.

Leeteuk and Heechul dragged Hangeng to the fried rice stall--Heechul because he wanted to compare Hangeng's cooking with the vendor's and Leeteuk because he genuinely wanted fried rice. When Heechul proclaimed that the street chef's cooking was better than Super Junior's own Hangeng, Hangeng had to defend himself by accusing that Heechul was so famished that he would have found even the mud on the side of the road delicious.

"Yah! Just because my hair is beggar-style doesn't mean that my eating style is!" Heechul yelled, running after Hangeng in a rage as Leeteuk pretended not to notice and eat his fried rice in peace.

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk had beelined for the popcorn/cotton candy/ice cream stall, rationalizing his decision with the thought that fangirls often called him skinny and he therefore had no reason to not eat heavily buttered popcorn or silky-smooth ice cream or cotton candy the size of his head. Ryeowook followed him, also deciding that he deserved to treat himself a little bit on the basis that he had been locked in a vacated room all alone. Their facial expressions as the two gobbled down the life's delights were of priceless excitement and joy, and if they weren't so tall (with the exception of Ryeowook) and so handsomely and maturely dressed, they could have been correctly mistaken for two lost children who had found a treasure stock.

At the other side of the compound Yesung, Shindong, Kibum, and Kangin had gleefully discovered a place with noodles and soup. Though not Korean noodles, specifically, so thankful were they for the presence of a warm noodles breakfast that they intercepted a passing Shisus to ask for prayers of thanks. Before long, they were already slurping and sloshing from their bowls, growing hotter and hotter by each mouthful (either because the hot soup made their body temperatures hotter or growing hotter by the minute was just a natural phenomenon for them) and also sobbing uncontrollably (either because the spice and hotness of the soup made them tear up or because they were so happy/thankful for the meal).

After Siwon had bewilderingly said some rushed prayers for the noodles group, he joined Donghae, who had followed his nose to the most strongly-smelling stall--the sausage/bacon-and-eggs stand. There, Siwon taught Donghae how to expertly use a knife and fork "the way foreigners do it" to eat the scrambled eggs without dripping the yolk everywhere and how to use the bacon and sausage to mop up the yolk which was left stained on the plate so that each drop was not wasted. Young Donghae watched intently and by the end of the meal, was just as an expert at the skill as he was full and satisfied.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun decided to be quick and clean with their morning meal so that they would be able to use the short time they have remaining until their flight to explore as much more as they could instead of pigging out at a food court and therefore went for the steaming dumplings and stuffed bread rolls. They stuffed their faces as speedily as possible and then chugged down some juice, since Kyuhyun had wisely said that "bread expands when you drink stuff after you eat it." As a result, they became rather bloated and had to sit lie down to rest for quite awhile, which was unfortunate because they were thus deprived of some precious time, but was fortunate because by the time they felt well enough to walk again without toppling over, the others were just done with their meals as well and they were able to set off together with the group as a whole.