2

LUX

It was needless to say that the Super Junior boys were pros in air-travel. So what did pro flyers do on the plane?

"Hey, cool!" Eunhyuk dug into the seat pocket the moment he was settled, pulling out the Skymall* magazine. "No matter how many times I fly, this never gets boring." He proceeded to open it and bury his nose in it until the food was to be served.

Leeteuk, beside him, put on his neck pillow, leaned back his chair and closed his eyes, until the air hostess came and made him put his seat upright. Leeteuk obeyed, but then leaned back again after she was gone.

Behind EunTeuk sat Yesung and Kibum, whose mysterious quietness was overpowering that row. Kibum has speedily placed on his $200 noise-canceling headphones and was now gazing quietly out the window at the endless clouds. Yesung, meanwhile, was frustrated that Leeteuk's seat was leaned back into his space. He tried to preoccupy himself by fiddling with the remote of the personal TV, but it was his very luck that he had gotten the faulty one whose buttons were sticky and did not press right. He gave up after awhile and wondered what else he was supposed to do with his time other than watching the provided movies. In the end, he busied himself with memorizing the safety procedures from the pamphlet in the seat pocket.

In the next row, Ryeowook and his smaller frame allowed him to experience slightly more comfort in the little economy-class seats. He sat with Hangeng and involved the two of them in idle conversation.

"Hankyung hyung, have you ever been to Macau?"

"Yeah yeah, it's my home," Hangeng replied with a satisfying smile. "I own everything there; I'll give some of my buildings if you want."

Ryeowook's eyes grew to saucer disks. "Really? Hyung! You never told us this! Wow!"

"Don't be so impressed, Ryeowook," Yesung's voice drifted from the row in front. "Hangeng will only give you yachts; he'll never part with one of his precious buildings."

Ryeowook seemed stunned but was not sure who to believe.

"Yah, if Yesung acts that way, I won't give him anything," Hangeng said with a smirk, making Yesung throw his copy of Skymall at the elder and causing the air hostess passing by scold him.

Towards the front of the plane, the more lucky members were sinking into the soft, wide seats of the business class. Kyuhyun sat by the window, gazing out at the layers of clouds that drifted lazily as they flew by. To his left, Donghae was trying to decide whether he wanted to buy these certain headphones, which looked quite stylish with the pink star on a black background, from the Skymall catalog.*

Across the aisle sat Sungmin, who was watching Shindong unwrap three packs of gum.

"Want a piece?" Shindong offered.

Sungmin shook his head. "I whitened my teeth yesterday."

"Aish, it's not like you have braces," Shindong replied, ing another in his face.

"Ani!" Sungmin insisted, pushing it away. "We've already lifted off anyway, so it's not going to do anything to prevent my ears popping."

Meanwhile, Kangin, who had been planning to befriend either one of the nice flight attendees or a pretty lady sitting next to him, found himself without an aisle and with Shindong to is right and Heechul on his left. He was glad that he had been able to obtain one of the business-class seats, but upset that Leeteuk was all the way down the end of the plane and out of contact. Kangin made a note to scold the elder about the unfavorable situation afterwards. For now, he pulled up his hood and went to sleep.

Heechul was restless that his long fingers could not be flying expertly over the screen of his sleek iPhone. He wondered how he was going to survive the hours, without tweeting to his Undead Petals a "Good Morning v( ̄- ̄)v ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ" or about how he might be going through Twitter-withdrawl. He soon discovered, though, that the plane did have wireless service--but one look at the price for it left him stunned and struggling to decide whether to blow off his money now or save it later for food in Macau.

Siwon sat farthest left, beside the other aisle. Now that the plane had been reported to have reached "a comfortable cruising altitude," he had pulled up his table and was reading through an American newspaper which he had picked up in the airport. He held a hand to his mouth as if deep in thought, and a Bible was stuck in the seat pocket, to be pursued after the paper.

And that was how pro flyers flew--Super Junior style
 

=^-^=

They had about two or three hours more until landing, and those in the economy class were aching in the cramped seats.

"Aish, you know, they're probably indulging themselves in deluxe wines and exotic entrees," Eunhyuk complained, looking at his food with bored distaste.

"It doesn't look healthy," Leeteuk added, also staring at his plate.

"Hyungs, eat up!" Ryeowook called from the back. "We'll need strength for our ventures once we land! It's only a few hours away!"

"I know!" Yesung groaned from the seat in front of him. "I've been through like all the movies--AND games--on this flight and we're still not there. Didn't think anything could be more boring than turtles." He sat back with a pout.

"But hyung, surely you've been on longer flights when we do activities," Kibum pointed out curiously. "What do you do then?"

Yesung, in turn, told him that it was because he usually slept most of the other flights, but on this one, he was too excited to do so. After that, Eunhyuk stood up and decided to go beg food from Donghae. On the way to the front of the plane, however, he ran into Kangin, who was making his way back. Eunhyuk wanted to ask him what he was doing, but one look at his hyung's ruffled and frustrated composure made him just slip silently past.

Finding the rest of the members in the business-class section, Eunhyuk came upon Donghae, who was playing some game on a laptop which Eunhyuk guessed was Kyuhyun's, seeing as how the magnae was looking apprehensive about his precious baby in the hands of Lee Donghae, certified computer crasher.

"Donghae, did you have food yet?" Eunhyuk said, crouching next to Donghae's seat and startling the latter into pressing a few random keys. The computer screen started to go wonky and, in fright, Kyuhyun snatched back his laptop.

"Yah," complained Donghae, turning to Eunhyuk. "I was just about to level up!"

"Did you get food?" Eunhyuk repeated.

"I ate it all," Donghae said. Eunhyuk's face fell, but he glanced around and saw that there was some leftover bread rolls stuffed into the pocket of Donghae's seat. He tried to reach for it, but Donghae grabbed his wrist, and they struggled for awhile until Eunhyuk gave up and looked for another source.

In the middle row of seats, Heechul, Shindong, and Sungmin were asleep, all leaning and drooling on one another. Beyond them and Kangin's empty seat was Siwon, professionally cutting up a piece of steak. Seeing this prospect, Eunhyuk abandoned Donghae and bounded into Kangin's seat, proceeding to plead Siwon for food.

Meanwhile, Kangin had discovered where the economy-class members were, and had slipped into Eunhyuk's seat, beside Leeteuk. He began to explain what a horrible time in business class he had, what with Shindong and Heehcul tweeting to each other--after Heechul had given in to the impulse and paid for some wireless, and Shindong had followed suit--and Kangin was stuck in the middle between them. However, Leeteuk was in no position to sympathize, seeing as Kangin still had the luxury of a wide, comfy seat and ample leg-room, as compared to the economy-class seats.

Behind them, Yesung was starting to become a master at Tetris, after having played it for practically the whole flight. Kibum was reading a book, still with his headphones on, and Ryeowook and Hangeng had somehow gotten to exchanging each other's recipes with one another.

By this time, though, all of them just wanted to land--most of them had forgotten the excitement of Macau and were just too weary of being on the plane.



- - - -

*In case anyone's not familiar, the Skymall magazine is basically a magazine-catalog full of these really cool/unique stuff, and it's always on every flight.
*Yes, the headphones he wore in S.E.O.U.L. MV. ^^ So you can say that he did end up buying them. But I don't think they are actually not in the Skymall magazine in RL. x)