6

LUX

Dinner that night was scheduled at one of the largest, most vivacious casino hotels of the city (so in the end, those who got lost trying to get to the downtown gambling centers were granted their desire anyway). They arrived in three groups--a few from the outskirts of town, some coming from the other areas of the city, but most from their hotel, where they had stopped by to get changed and what not else which those boys needed to do. In addition to being in various groups, however, the boys themselves showed up in an array of attires.

Leeteuk, Donghae, Siwon, and Kangin, having in mind the luxury and refinement of Macau's resort casinos, dressed formally in perfect black-and-white suits, looking dashing in their combed, gelled hair, polished business shoes, and smelling sweet with their freshly-applied, fan-gifted, brand-name colognes. Yesung, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kibum, and Kyuhyun had on a street-formal concept, some more casual and some more dressy than others, but none to the extent of the tuxedos of the other four. These five decked themselves in solid black or plaid casual dress shirts, designer polos and fitting, comfortable jeans, a sweater here or there, various accessories, and some sparse cologne and hair gel. All in all, they were a plesant sight to gaze upon, and since the formal-four appeared too good for their own sake, no one complained about their overdressing. However, as for the remaining four members. . .

Shindong and Eunhyuk had been hanging around the food courts in a park before the time of dinner and had not realized before it was too late that the other members of their outing group had already left. Panicked, they had tried to find their own way back instead of thinking to use their cell phones to call a cab or something (or perhaps it was because both of them were running low on money anyway). As it were, they wasted more money getting hopelessly lost and by the time they had somewhat gotten their bearings in order, there was no time to stop by the hotel; they were forced instead to go straight to the dinner venue as they were and the two arrived at the casino with tousled hair, muddy shoes, and, worst of all, t-shirts soaked with sweat.

Joining them at that extreme of the formality spectrum was Heechul and Hangeng. Hangeng, having lived in Korea for the past few years, was so used to being under Heechul's jurisdiction that he had forgotten he was then in his own territory. As it was, he willingly submitted to Heechul's ardent belief that they ought to be as comfortable as they could so as to maximize their gambling capabilities--"that is how professionals do it," Heechul was convinced, and the two showed up--shockingly--in pajamas.

Regardless of this incongruous attire, Heechul remained to be the true fashionista. He sported a weird, wannabe-cowboy straw hat, a dress-length, light pink, baggy shirt, heart-patterned flannel pants with a bowtie belt, and--most dazzling of all--hot pink, extra-fluffly, ultra-cute, bunny slippers. Those who saw him as he walked into the luxury hotel-casino wondered where his parents were, and the staff almost did not let him into Super Junior's reserved dining room until Leeteuk came out to save him. After the others had had their full laugh at Hangeng, Shindong, and Eunhyuk's attires (for no one would dare to reject Heechul's fashion statement in such a situation), they finally settled down to begin their dinner.

It was a fairly pleasant meal, despite the eccentric range of outfits. They had chosen to occupy a whole private room to themselves, fully filling up a five meter-long table. At one end, Ryeowook and Hangeng were watching Heechul stuff food down his throat at supernova speed, since the latter had claimed to want to have time to try out the slot machines while the rest of the members would still be eating. Further down, Sungmin was busy explaining to anyone who would listen--which was, in this case, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun--the precise, delicate qualities of the wine which he had so skillfully picked out for the evening. Across the table, Siwon was holding his own forum on the topic of the French escargot on their plates, to which Eunhyuk and Donghae were gagging at--they had eagerly devoured the snails before realizing what they really had been eating. At the other end of the table sat Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, and Kibum, who seemed to be more preoccupied with the edible and potable items in front of them rather than conversation.

After four courses--and dessert--their time in the room had expired and they were almost kicked out, with Heechul and Ryeowook swaying slightly from the effects of alcohol. And because Heechul was slightly tipsy like so, they were able to continue their schedule without anyone desperately wanting to linger at the roulettes or poker tables--which was a good thing, since (most) of their fail Chinese/English would probably have impaired them against winning anything anyway.

So as per the itinerary, the group set off for a walk in the nightlife of the city. They first passed the city center, embroidered with colorfully-lit fountains, artistic statues, and cultured squares. Plenty of pictures were taken with the fountains and the various shapes which the multitudes of water jets crafted. After they had had enough fun with trying to push each other in the fountains and posing with some abstract sculptures, they moved into the side streets, which were fillled with quaint shops and decorated with a feel of comely scruffiness by the mingling of small friend groups in dimmer, narrow streets.

Kibum, Yesung, Ryeowook, and Kangin discovered a shop which sold blue lightsticks. After the boys had almost raided the place, Donghae then made a cool suggestion and they ended up having fun twirling and slashing the glowsticks around as Sungmin worked the camera, snapping pictures in the darkness without a flash in order to accentuate the paths of the blue lightsticks so that when the pictures were developed, there would seem to be floating light streaks--a very cool effect for desktop wallpapers, Eunhyuk remarked. Then, being the impulsive dorks they were, Leeteuk initiated a--what he called "Sootah Warsoo" battle where they took turns air-slashing each other in epic motions with their so-proclaimed "light sabers." When Yesung and Leeteuk faced off, the others had a difficult time deciding who would fail more--what could definitely be said, however, was that Yesung's expressions were superior. Then, after Hangeng had defeated Heechul, Ryeowook, and had a slight stand-off with Siwon, Sungmin decided to jump in and try to overthrow the saber-champion, flinging the camera to Kyuhyun as he took the "sword" from Siwon and assumed a professional-looking stance.

What took place afterward drew crowds to watch. Kangin and Leeteuk speedily commentated the match as Heechul yelled for Hangeng and Shindong for Sungmin and as Kyuhyun expertly blinded their eyes with the constant flash of the camera. Regrettably, however, they were never able to see the results from the two most (and only) skilled martial artists of Super Junior, for soon after, some nearby shopkeepers decided that perhaps some saber-fighting ninjas hopping around outside their shops was bad for business and proceeded to scatter the party. The crowd split and the boys went on their way, half of them hiding their faces from fear of being police-abducted, the other half laughing and talking jovially, undermining the attempts of the former half to keep below the radar.

They spent the rest of their night strolling amongst the inner streets, popping into some karaoke bars here and there, buying little trinkets and accessories and food treats at the various shops on the way, and taking pictures according to Siwon's direction. When the night began to get darker and streets began to empty out, they decided that it was time to return to their hotel for the night--not that anyone other than fangirls would think of ambushing a party of thirteen hot guys anyway--but they were all rather tired and satisfied for the day. They bussed home (without getting lost, this time, now that they had had many lessons in the public transportation of the area), enjoying the quiet ride before finally retreating to their rooms to (supposedly) sleep off the rest of the night.