1

LUX

It was an extremely rare occasion which came upon them. Most saw it as a great blessing, but a few felt that it was a curse. These where plausible views, seeing as three absolutely free days to roll and frolic with twelve other boys could be a time of memories. . . or it could be a disaster. The news? Super Junior was going on a luxury vacation.

Their album had been selling extremely well--over a stunning 500,000 copies--and the company had decided to give them three days off. Excited at the prospect, the boys had spent a whole day arguing planning in a very disorganized-and-sometimes-violent manner on what they should all do. Suggestions ranged from jungle trekking--eliminated because Kangin concluded that Leeteuk's leadership would most definitely get them lost--to a Starcraft competition--voted out because the hyungs knew they would suffer mercilessly. In the end, they agreed, more or less, on a star-struck luxury vacation to Macau, members funding themselves with their own bonuses, received from the success of the album.

They were all in rather high spirits the morning of the departure, each in his own excitement about all the who-knows-what which everyone knew was bound to happen.

The night before had been a mad frenzy of last-minute packing; all sorts of things were flying around the dorms--deodorant, sunscreen, underwear, beanie hats, headphones, shoes, shavers, and even more. . . bizarre items. The eleventh floor had come to a consensus to sleep early, regardless of their excitement; even Kyuhyun had chosen to give up gaming for the night. However, despite this agreement, none of them were actually able to fall asleep at the set time. The blame was to be placed on the unbelievably noisy twelfth floor, who were much fussier in the packing, and even after that was done, they wrestled and tousled with each other until the manager finally ordered them to bed. It was three in the morning by that time.

They got up at five. That was to say, Siwon and Kibum arrived at the dorms to wake up the responsible ones, and then they all used "water bomb" to get Kangin out of bed. Only after the manager had calmed the latter down and assured the other members that it was safe to come out of the closets did they finally began to make their way out of the dorm.

The procession to get out of the building and into the cars was just as chaotic. The eleventh floor members were all packed and ready, waiting at the elevator for it to come. However, the doors opened to reveal all of the twelfth floor, plus Siwon and Kibum, packed tightly inside, along with all their luggage. Knowing that the building's elevator was slow beyond measure, and seeing as they were running about an hour late, the eleventh-floor members could not afford to wait for it to come up again, and had no choice but to take the stairs. They were rather finding the prospect of a luxury vacation not worth it by the time they reached the ground floor.

They were all ready to get in and go when--

"STOP! I forgot my purse--I mean, wallet!" Ryeowook screamed. And before anyone could say anything, he dashed back into the building. Yesung, after frowning over something, also rushed madly after Ryeowook on the case that he had forgotten to close the lid on his turtle tank.

"I hope the idiots don't take the elevator," Heechul grumbled.

Ryeowook and Yesung returned a while later to find both vans all packed and no room left for them.

"Sorry, we miscalculated the amount of luggage," the manager told their dumbfounded faces. "You boys take the taxi, okay?" he instructed before the door slid shut and the cars zoomed off.

Ryeowook looked after their rides, lip almost quivering. "The plane is going to leave without us!" he yelled, sounding close to tears.

"D--Don't worry Wookie, we'll think of something," Yesung tried to reassure him. He looked around desperately, then had the spark of a crazy idea.

=^-^=

The other eleven members arrived at the airport and streamed out of the vans. Since it was their personal vacation and not one on the job, from here on out, they were going to be alone and completely unsupervised--no managers. Each loaded their stuff onto a cart and filed into the airport. They got in line at the check-in counters, taking up the whole length of the queue, just as Yesung and Ryeowook arrived to join them.

"Whoa, what took you guys so quick? And where's your stuff?" Sungmin asked, seeing that they were practically empty-handed.

"We took a fan-cab! Fastest way!" Yesung said, apparently thrilled at the success of his own idea. He pointed to where a group of three girls and one guy was dragging in their stuff.

"Who's the fanboy?" Kibum asked curiously.

"Ryeowook's," Yesung replied, making the former blush and flutter his hand to wave the comment away.

"They were all my fans!" Ryeowook said who, in comparison to Yesung, looked rather worn. "They drilled me with questions and hugs while Yesungie hyung got to sit shotgun all by his comfortable self! It was tiring--never again!" He ended with a pout, which made the group of fans squeal in delight.

"Yah! Come on! No dilly-dalling!" Leeteuk's voice shouted from the head of the queue. It was apparent that he was the one bearing all the stress of their lateness. Ryeowook and Yesung quickly thanked the fans, who looked rather weary from having to have raced through the streets to get their idols to the airport in time, in addition to carrying their luggage. They were satisfied, however, after a long series of autographs, pictures, and hugs.

After a successful baggage check-in, which consisted of nothing more exciting than Yesung having to leave behind his pet rock because his suitcase was over the weight limit, they headed to the security check.

Siwon passed. Leeteuk passed. Kibum passed. Kyuhyun's 12-pack of AA batteries which were to fuel his various mobile gaming consoles got commandeered. Yesung passed. Hangeng passed. Kangin passed despite wearing a metal belt because he wanted to get wanded down by the pretty security woman. Donghae passed. Eunhyuk passed. Heechul and his bags were taken under a double-examination on the account that wearing his "希" face mask made him look like a dangerous terrorist. Ryeowook passed. Shindong's attempt at smuggling food on-board was discovered and discarded. Sungmin passed. And they were at long last all through.

"Gather, gather, I'm distributing the boarding passes," Leeteuk announced. "Now--oh dear. Oh, hmm. . ." He looked at the tickets in hand and frowned.

"What? What?" Donghae demanded.

Leeteuk looked up at them with a pleading smile. "Half of these tickets are in economy class."

There was a pause. Then they burst into a frenetic glomp as they all tried to snatch the higher-ranking business class seats.

"Okay okay!" Leeteuk hollered, trying to hold the tickets above everyone's grabbing hands. "ORDER!" he yelled one last time, and the crowd of boys around him finally settled. He declared, "The twelfth floor is getting the business seats."

There was another short silence, then outburst as half of them attempted to oppose the decision and half wanted to defend it, with Kibum and Siwon looking at each other skeptically.

"Yah! Hyung, that's not fair! Just because you're on the twelfth floor--"

"We got less sleep than you did last night! We deserve to fly in more comfort!"

"Well that wasn't our fault! Besides, you kept us up late, too!"

"Can't we just do rock, paper--"

"We're older! We can't stand to battle it out in the economy class!"

"Power abuse!"

"Flight A235 from Incheon to Macau will now be boarding at gate E36."

Perhaps it was the sound of the name of their beautiful destination which drew their attention, but it was a miracle that they actually heard the PA over all the racket they were making. 

"Gate E36? That's like an hour of walking time away!" Eunhyuk pointed out, after realizing they were still at the security gate, where the security people were having thoughts about kicking them out due to all the shouting they were doing.

"We'll take one of those cart thingies!" Sungmin said, leaping towards where one was parked. The rest of the boys quickly followed him and piled on, some sitting on others due to the fact that the cart only held a maximum of ten people. Sungmin took the wheel and stepped on the pedal, zooming them down the corridors past other frightened airline-goers. They reached the gate in the nick of time, just as the last passengers before them were getting on board.

"Here! Grab a ticket get on quickly," Leeteuk panted, throwing the boarding passes in the air. There was a flurry of hands, and soon enough, everyone was in possession of a ticket.

As it turned out, Siwon, Sungmin, Shindong, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Kangin, and--after switching his pass with poor Ryeowook by threatening--Heechul, got the business class seats. That left Leeteuk, Yesung, Hangeng, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, and Kibum for economy class.

After boarding and settling themselves in--half the group happy, half upset at their luck--they finally lifted off for Macau.