I Will Wait For You (Chap 4)

I Will Wait For You
CHAPTER 4

[Yong Mi's POV]

I stared at the four boys at the entrance of the cafe, before I continued reading. They walked a step forward, and stepped out of the entrance again- as if they had went to the wrong place. I scanned my eyes through the crowd of people in the cafe, and I could hear short bells ringing, orders of food.

Although it was noisy, this place gave me the most memories whom I spent with my best friend, Jane. She's not a 'pure Korean', and she's from Singapore. Despite that, she's been living in Seoul for a long time, but she lived in a deserted village with her step-mother before. But her times spent with her step-mother wasn't long as Jane was ill-treated by her. She moved on to Seoul as her new foster carer brought her here. She was raised up well, although her pain memories were still on her mind.

Once, she told me, "Never ever believe anyone." I always thought that was true, and I would not hang out with my classmates except for Jane. Her foster carer, Mary Ann, told me to think about her words. Jane was somehow mentally ill-treated by her step-mother, thus sometimes she would repeat what her mother said to her. That means, she herself carries two personal identities. About a year after her illness, she was under treatment by a reknown doctor. One day, when I was with her on the way to see her doctor, a car just went pass me, almost knocking me down, but Jane pushed me aside.

I'd always believed that I was the one who caused Jane's death. On that day in the hospital, Mary Ann handed me an eveloped, with my full name written in bold. It was written from Jane, and she had asked Mary to pass that to me when her life ends.

The letter read:
Dear Yong Mi,
Thank you for your accompany during the past years. I'm really sorry to tell you that, although I've been looking happy at school. Recently, I've met my step-mother, she told me to join my father. I could never forgive her and could never forget the tears and blood shed, the pain memories that my mother caused. I'm touched by you- you gave me the warmth of having a friend, now I get to experienced it and I have to join my father soon. To tell you that, my father is in a very elegant place where angels surround him. I would love to reunite with him, thus, I wish you the best.

Remember, don't blame yourself, you're one that gives me my last smile. And I hope this letter would bring you that sunshine to bring everyone their smile.

All the best for you,
Jane.


As I folded the letter back, I could not fight back my tears, it just trickled down my cheeks.

The sounds of chattering brought me back to reality instead of me thinking of the past, and as I folded the letter, a tear drop dripped to my cup of latte. I sniffed back. A hand pat on my shoulder and another hand offered me a piece of tissue.

"Are you alright? Why are you crying?" Min Ho oppa looked at me as he gave me a comforting smile.

[Jong Hyun's POV]

I caught Joo Eun's hand and I dragged her to a corner. She looked at me blankly, probably because it was too sudden that I wanted to talk to her.

I opened my mouth but no words came out.
"I-I-I.."
I was tongue-tied.
"Alright. I would like to ask you to join me for the current group assignment."
Finally, it came out, but that was not my main point.
"I thought, we were not supposed to choose our own group members. Ms Kim will assign us, I don't think she wants you five boys to be together? I'm not sure, but if we can choose, then it might be a 'yes'."
She smiled at me and walked off.

[Joo Eun's POV]
Jong Hyun is weird today. Is he nervous? HAHA! I hope, Ms Kim would let us choose our own groups. That would be great, perhaps! I should try persuading her..

[Shi Hyun's POV]

I walked out of Ms Kim's office. I had just told her that I would be going for the SM Entertainment Dance Audition, and Ms Kim had just told me not to be like SHINee. What an insult, I thought as I looked back at the door of the office, labelled "Ms Kim".

"Mushroom Taemin!" I said enthusiastically as I ran towards him.
"Yah? I told you not to call me that right.." He laughed.
"Can you teach me how to dance? I'm hoping to enter the SM Entertainment Dance Audtion, please?" looking at him innocently, hoping that he would agree.
"Sure, tell me the type of dance you would prefer confirm with me tomorrow," He tuffled my hair and smiled.
"THANKS!" I hugged him, out of excitement.

The both of us walked back to the class together, talking about dance. We were both excited once the word 'dance' was heard. Break time was over, Ms Kim came in the class with the usual sound of her high heels 'clucking'.

She cleared , ' I've already arranged the groups for you people to do the assignment. There are 13 people in this class , so you will be divided into groups of 4, with one group of 5. 3 groups in total."

She walked to the board and scribbled the groups of people, everyone was bending low,high,left and right to see what she was writing as the marker squeaked noisily.

Group 1 [5]
Jin Ki [Leader]
Jin Ho
Ki Bum
Joo Eun
Ha Neul

Group 2 [4]
Jong Hyun [Leader]
Jae Won
Young Kyung
Sun Hi

Group 3 [4]
Min Ho [Leader]
Tae Min
Shi Hyun
Yong Mi


Ms Kim capped back her marker. "I expect perfect work, though the five of you are not together," she glared at SHINee.

[Young Kyung's POV]
GOSH! Why am I with these group members? I don't even work well with them..Otoke(What to do?)..
"Right, sit with your groups now, discuss on how you would want to attract customers for the audition, imagine that you're opening an entertainment company, and you're holding a audition, create the contract. DISCUSS NOW!"

Upon the word 'now', everyone scattered to their groups.
There was an awkward silence in my group.