Parents

Wandering through Fiction to look for the Truth

Yoora

Today was so hectic. I have been running around the place cleaning, went out shopping for an appropriate dress and shoes, dropped off some papers at Sora's, and now I'm getting ready for tonight. 

Hyunseung is suppose to pick me up at 7:30 to go to a restaraunt his parents have picked. I have not been this nervous since the interview to get into college. So many thoughts have been racing through my head. Such as: 'What if his parents don't like me?' 'If I embarrass myself around them, what will I do?' 'Will they be nice?'

I put the mascara brush back into it's tube and set the tub down on my bathroom counter. Looking at myself in the mirror, I thought I looked ok. I didn't want to apply too much make-up so that his parents don't think I'm trying too hard. My dress showed off my back quite a lot. But I always thought that If a girl can show her skin without revealing too much that it was very mature and y at the same time. But this dress was very lacy so I thought of it more innocent. Hopefully his parents won't be looking at my back too much.

The sounds of thuds on the door scared me that I jumped. Quickly I ran to the door and opened it revealing Hyunseung in a black dress shirt with a white vest. 

I snorted and said "We somewhat match. I wasn't expecting this." Hyunseung looked up and down my body and said "You look beautiful, Yoora. That dress... Really looks great on you." I smiled and let him inside. 

"You're 10 minutes early." I said and walked back into my bedroom. I heard him follow me and he sighed "I know, it's just that I wanted to see what you looked like. So I can approve of it." 

I then let out a loud short laugh "HA, approve? Did you think I would wear a skimpy dress to go clubbing in? Of course not!" I turned my back to him.

"Wait a second.." he said and came up behind me. I felt his fingers on my neck and go down my spine. I shivered "H-Hyunseung..."

"Your back... is showing." the next thing really surprised me. Hyunseung left kisses going down my spine. With every kiss I felt my heart pound harder and harder. 

Once he was done he lifted up all my hair and let it down covering my back "Your back is beautiful. But... Only I want to see it." he murmured. I turned around and placed my hands on his face "And only you will. I'll be sure to only wear this dress around you." I kissed him on the lips and grabbed my wallet. 

We left to go to the restaraunt and once we arrived Hyunseung opened the car door for me "Why thank you." I said.

Both of us entered the restaraunt and immediately found his parents. He looks a lot like his father, actually. Also, I spotted gikwang and another female who I was not familiar with. I am guessing that's the close family friend Hyunseung has told me about.

As we approached, everyone noticed us and stood up to greet us. I bowed to them and introduced myself "Hello, I'm Kim Yoora. It's very nice to meet you." I shook both of Hyunseung's parents hand's and smiled. 

The mother was first to talk "Hello there, sweetie. I'm Hyunseung's mother, it's also very nice to meet you as well." 

"I'm Hyunseung's dad, obviously," I laughed "Very nice to meet you too, Kim Yoora. Please, take a seat." I looked over to the two empty seats at the table and walked over to them. Hyunseung pulled out my chair for me and helped me scoot it in. 

"Well, looks like my son is on his best behavior for you, Miss Yoora." Hyunseung's dad chuckled lowly. I smiled and said "He's always on his best behavior. I'm so thankful for that." and looked over to Hyunseung smiling brightly at me as well. 

I looked over at Gikwang who was staring right at me. I felt a bit uncomfortable and changed my view to the girl I do not know. 

"Hello, I'm Yoora. Who are you, if I may ask?" I asked the girl.

The girl glanced at me with a somewhat rude expression which took me by surprise "I'm Soyoung. A close family friend of Gikwang and Hyunseung. I'm assuming from all the lovey-dovey talk and gestures that you are Hyunseung's girlfriend. Well, congratulations Hyunseung. You've finally found a girl. The is probably the first girl you have brought to meet your parents." 

The first girl to meet his parents? Looking over ot Hyunseung he was glaring at Soyoung "Thank you, Soyoung. And I see you've dyed your hair." Hyunseung said but not in the nicest tone.

Soyoung's mad expression turned into a sweet one "You actually noticed? Well, at least you did. This idiot over here didn't" she was referring to Gikwang.

"I did notice, Soyoung. I just didn't think that saying that I noticed was all that important, that's all." Gikwang actually spoke for the first time since I've arrived.

"It would've been nice to at least SAY something, you know." she pouted.

"But the thing is, Soyoung, I'm not nice." he said with a mad tone in his voice. What was his problem? 

The atmosphere around us became tense. Mr. Jang cleared his throat and said "Miss Yoora, what are your career plans?" 

I gulped down my own spit and said "I actually plan on going into interior design. I think that designing homes is really fun and amazing once you see the finished product."

Soyoung spoke up and said "Interior design? Why do that? Designing houses on the inside is so stupid." I felt a bit hurt from it, but I saw Gikwang elbow her in the ribs.

"I actually think interior designing would be a perfect career for you." said Mrs. Jang "You look like you'd very much go into that. I personally love houses that have amazing interior design. It amazes me what people can do." Suddenly, that little pain I felt was gone. 

Mr. Jang commented as well "Same as to me. I think interior designing is an amazing career." he smiled at me. 

I was actually feeling like they liked me. It was making my nervousness go away. A hand was placed on my knee and I looked down to see Hyunseung's hand. He rubbed my knee reassuringly, and nodded. He was telling me that they liked me. 

After a few minutes of some small chat, and ordering what we wanted, our food had come. The smell was mouth watering. I haven't eaten all day because I was so busy. So to finally eat, especially with Hyunseung's parents, was so great. We all dinned an spoke more freely with each other and opened up. Gikwang was very quite through all of this. As for Soyoung, she was just giving me hard glances. 

"I'm going to the bathroom for just a second. I'll be right back." I said and got up. 

"Do you need me to show you where the bathroom is?" asked Hyunseung as he got up. I laughed and patted his shoulder "I don't think so, Hyunseung. I'm pretty sure I can find the bathroom myself." 

I pushed in my chair and made my way to the bathroom. Once I entered, another person came in right after me. I turned to see it was Soyoung. 

"Oh, so you came along too?" I asked and walked up to a mirror. I checked to see if any food was in my teeth and washed my hands. 

"Yes, but only to say I really don't like you that much." she said with a nasty attitude. I dried my hands with paper towels and threw them away. 

"Well, that's nice of you to finally say after all those glares you have been throwing at me throughout this dinner. To be honest, I'm not going to play your games of "tought girl-tough girl". If you hate me, then so be it. But at least try to make it seem like you WANT to be at this dinner. Your attitude is extremely disrespectful and puts everyone into a bad mood. Now be mature and grow up." 

Soyoung gave me another glare and I was about to pass by her when she grabbed my arm and spun me around "You think you can just say things like that?!" she practically screamed in my face. 

I my lips and said "Actually, to a person who doesn't knowhow to be respectful, yes. Yes, I do think I can say things like that." I snatched my arm away from her. "If you're not going to the mature one here, then I guess I will be. I'm also going to state this again, Soyoung, I don't care if you hate me. Go ahead! Hate me! What's that going to do? Intimidate me? I could care less if you hated me or not! Now stop playing this childish game and go back out there."

Soyoung took a step back and then rushed out of the bathroom, making sure to bump into me on her way out. I stumbled back a little and shook my head. I was getting a slight headache from yelling at her. I felt a bit guilty for yelling at her, but I guess she was the one to instigate it. 

I looked at myself one last time before leaving the restroom. Right as I walked out I bumped into someone. 

"Oh sorry..." said a deep familiar voice. Gikwang stood in front of me. What was he doing here?